Your Local League

KW19

Star Player
Just wondering the basics on your local leagues. Mainly cost, number of games, umps, etc.

For example, our ASA leagues here are $375 for 10 games + single elimination playoff. We only get 1 ump for game (and usually no scoreboard) and hot dots are provided. It's ran by our local Parks Department which is pretty unorganized, which can be a pain, but better than no league I guess.

doG

dabz
Pretty similar here. League fees probably closer to 320 for 8 games and single elimination. Dudley .44 375's provided. 20 mile an hour wind to dead center...'erry day.

Goliathxero

Extra Hitter
I think our fees are $300 plus $5 per non city resident. We have two umps for most games. Same two guys have been doing it for years. Only one field but it has a scoreboard. The city uses a website to keep track of schedule and results which is pretty cool. Spring and fall seasons have 10 games and a single elimination playoff. Winter season has 9 games and no playoffs.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
Asa league. $350 spring and $300 fall.
10 game season with playoffs, 2 umps per field, team supply's their own 52/300 ball, allowed to use any legal asa/usssa bat as long as it passes as a compression test.
Fall is same as spring but does not have playoffs.
Play on 8 fields 4 at 285 and 4 at 300 with working scoreboards and score keepers.
http://teamsideline.com/Org/Home.aspx?d=t29A5DeptJvm744PR8tNiQ==

Pdpwally

Coach
I play utrip in md... 16 game double header league with no play offs.... Cost is usually 850ish league provides balls, 1 ump and they update an eteamz site with sched and results.

eastonfreak81

Addicted to Softballfans
I play in one league that is $535 and they provide one umpire and a dudley 40/275, and in another league its 550 with one umpire and they provide a dudlet 44/375

Pronk17

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA $475 20 games not sure on ball 4 team playoff best of 3 both series. GSL $525 21 games not sure on ball odd playoff format

Cags

Star Player
Utrip is $400 with 14 games and no playoffs. They provide one ump and dudley 44/375
Asa is a free church league. 10 games. No makeup games if one gets rained out. They provide a mix of dudley 44/375 and worth gold dots. With a region tournament at years end which last year with pool play and losing the final series 1-2 came to around 24 games in the tournament. Pool play was kinda long. They said this year they will go straight into the tournament.

OldguyinHavasu

Addicted to Softballfans
our local senior league does things a little different. WE have 6 sponsors, and 6 volunteer managers. 80 or so guys (lots of snowbirds) put in 35 bucks a piece, and we have a draft. 3 fields, 3 umps, the league money collected from players goes for that, sponsors pay for shirts, and we play 15 games (play each team 3 times). Extra money goes for a big ol party on the beach in February, at season end. Keeps things interesting, playing with new guys every year.

71bama17

Addicted to Softballfans
$850 18 games, no umps, any Utrip stamp, 47/375 provided, round robin playoff, still no umps, well organized, website updated weekly, LD keeps in touch with teams listens to guys

$850 I'm guessing based on how much I paid, 14 games, no umps, supposed to be Utrip thumbprint only but not enforced, 47/375 provided, round robin tournament with umps. This league plays on nicer diamonds, leagues has 24 teams split into 3 division (A,B,C) only play the teams in your division, End of season top teams move up and bottom teams move down, League is run ok, Bat rule needs to be enforced, LD rules from his inbox doesn't say much of anything face to face

nickolie22

Addicted to Softballfans
16 weeks of double headers. Then a league tourney at the end . We hit provided 44 375 Dudley Thunder SY balls. Any bat but seniors. 1 ump 1 field 1 scoreboard. 1 hour time limit 1&1 no free foul 1 courtesy runner. I think it's 500 for the fees

Last edited:

Odog

Addicted to Softballfans
Mcgirr ballpark Nanaimo bc. 1500$ 4 beautiful fenced fields, certified umps, 16 double headers every Friday night, we hit provided worth gold dots. Seems pricey, but I don't complain for about 100$ per season. If you win the league $450 off your teams fees for the next year. Top 4 from each league (48 teams, 6 leagues) goes into playoffs.

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
Spring and Fall leagues are $310 each. 10 games. 2 umps. Utrip rules with a modified hr rule. Full of tourney teams practicing and $#!t talking.
There's no shortage of 4x4's on Rockstar rims, flat bill hats with stickers, and white sunglasses.

ATL Rookie

Manager
our local senior league does things a little different. WE have 6 sponsors, and 6 volunteer managers. 80 or so guys (lots of snowbirds) put in 35 bucks a piece, and we have a draft. 3 fields, 3 umps, the league money collected from players goes for that, sponsors pay for shirts, and we play 15 games (play each team 3 times). Extra money goes for a big ol party on the beach in February, at season end. Keeps things interesting, playing with new guys every year.

That is actually a really cool idea.

$400 for 10 games. Some leagues have season ending tourneys, some do not, it depends on the number of teams in the league.

2 umps, score keeper and working scoreboards. League provided 40/375 dudleys.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
$485 per team for 14 games (for each of the two leagues I play in). And a $75 player fee on top of that. By-the-book ASA rules, with some added provisions for a pitchers box and courtesy runners. 1 umpire, and league supplies Trump Stotes. Fields range from slightly unpredictable dirt to some fairly nice turf infields. No scoreboards or scorekeepers; home team is considered official book.

The league that I play in on the weekends is a pick up league, $40 yearly fee per player $25 for new players. Same $25 if a player gets the early bird special before the season starts. League provides balls and scoreboards. Two fields on Saturday and one field Sunday. We ump ourselves. No stamp rules, so bring whatever bat that you are using or use what everyone else has against the fence. Do not have to deal with compression testing as well. The guys have been known to play year round depending on weather and conditions of the winter field. We play weekends plus our big holiday weekend games are Memorial Day weekend, Fourth of July weekend and Labor Day weekend where we play a game each day and I think it's after the Labor Day games we have an age adjusted home run derby. Annual dinner a day or two before the Super Bowl as well as the occational field trip and party during the summer.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Our league is $450 for minimum 12 game season possibly as many as 14 game fees include balls provided 1 for each game, city tourney at end of season one ump per game in leagues sometomes two umps for city tourney single elimination strictly asa rules 1n1 count to start no extra for foul ball we use 50/300 dudley thunder zn single game leagues $750 for dh leagues 20-22 games, positioning round to end season.

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Two leagues, both ASA. One uses 44/375, other uses 52/300. Both are played in the same complex and run by the same LD. Complex has four turf fields with lights. Season for each league is 10 games(doubleheaders) then single elimination playoffs. Each offer a Spring/Summer/Fall season. Registration fee is $450 per season, plus $25 ump fee per game.

Boling16

6 Hole Shooter
spring league here is $450 for 16 games we use asa rules with utrip bat list usually 2 umps per field and a scorekeeper provided nothing supplied
fall league here is $ 350 for 10 games and same thing basically the usually have a tip off tournament before season starts to see where some teams are placed and its $200 to play in it

biggm28

Manager
Spring is 365 for 10+ single games and dbl elimination tourney. One ump and Gold dots
Fall is 365 for 10+ dbl headers and single elimination tourney. One ump and gold dots

Hambo

Starting Player
Summer Utrip league at Midwest Sports Complex in Indy... Just jumped on a team as a free agent, games start Monday. I think they have 6 fields but I don't know much else about the facility but I do know the following facts:

$500 per team, 10 weeks of doubleheaders, no playoffs unless there is a tie for first place.

I'm a huge fan of all doubleheader leagues.

msinn

Addicted to Softballfans
Boston area $1300 for 10 games on crappy fields with 1 ump. Tourney style playoffs.

RagingHomer

Addicted to Softballfans
Our league is $435 for 12 games at double headers on your night to play. There are several discounts given based on returning team, church team, sponsored team and early pay. Some trams are playing for 250 for 12 games a season. Mostly have 2 umpires per game as well.

trip

stfu
600, balls provided, 16-18 games (number of teams dependant) plus a double elimination tournament.. two umps for the tourney

mattya420

Manager
$1600. 28 game season followed by three round playoffs. first 2 rounds are best of 5. Championship best of 7. Balls provided. Umps. No scoreboard but really good field conditions.

SandyWH

#Delicious
Local Neighborhood Beer League - $350 - NSA Rules - 44/400's provided - 2 umps per - 18 games - Double Elimination (Best Competition)
Competitive A/B/C League - $450 - NSA Rules - 44/400's not provided - 2 umps per - 11 games - Double Elimination
Church League - $450 - NSA Rules - 44/400's provided - 2 umps per - 18 games - Double Elimination

Kaveman

Trend Setter
For Aurora Colorado - Spring and Fall leagues costs are $460.00 for 8 game season -no play offs. Summer is $520.00 for 12 game season - no play-offs. Have one Ump and they post score on score board but is the home team responsible to keep the books. It is UTRIP pitching rules but ASA bats except for the D- League (one night a week).
Park and Rec provide the balls and make up games occur at the end of the season.

89_240sx

Addicted to Softballfans
Here its $300 for 8 games and a double elemination play off. Usssa rules with provided worth hot dots. Scoreboards, scorekeepers and one ump.

spos21ram

The Legend
I've been running our town's local USSSA league for 10 years now.

Price per team is $1,150 which at first sounds expensive but you get a lot for the money.

On average we play a 24 game regular season schedule. We have a two conference format. Top two teams from each conference make the "Championship Series". Semi Finals are 2 of 3 games. Finals are 3 of 5. The rest of the teams play a "Best of the Rest" Double elim tourney. Some teams end up playing 30+ Games.

We are a supplied bat league. I buy top of the line bats so it's been a real hit with the players since we started doing it. No crying about shaved bats, etc. Now when you break it down, teams not having to buy bats is huge when it comes to cost. Instead of a team pitching in for a couple team bats, that money can go into the league fee instead. If you play in a $500 league, but are buying multiple bats then that cost now doubles to $1,00 or even higher. Depends on how many bat whooers you have on the team.

We use one umpire for the regular season at $35 a game ($105 a night). Two for the playoffs at $25 each per game. We have an official scorer who keeps track of rosters, enters stats in website, reports scores to local paper. He makes $55 a night for 3 games. All this is included in league fees.

League fee also includes USSSA team registration. We have a couple teams that play tournaments so their USSSA fee is covered by us. Field Liability insurance. Softballs. We use Trump Classic +'s. New ball for every game. We also have a league website that is very popular. Keeps track of everything. www.leaguedomain.com/westerlysoftball/

League money also goes to field upkeep, Quick dry, trophy's, prize money, and we have a party for the final 4 teams at a local bar/grill where the league pays for a buffet spread and a few hundred bucks worth of beer.

ryan89

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA league 18 games plus double elimination playoff. $500 team fee plus $60 per player. League provides one game ball to each team for every game. mostly one umpire but sometimes we get 2.