Z-1000 endloaded...more distance than ultras?

chris22186

Addicted to SBF!
I just posted a review and noticed this bat is above all senior bats and other usssa bats in distance and other categories...Is this bat that good? It has a 9.91 for distance I mean thats a little over the top, I can guarantee there are some other bats that top LS.

Last edited:

single wally

Professional Amateur
In short, no. The Z-1000 EL only has 11 reviews so far, so don't take those numbers too seriously, in fact don't take the ratings on SBF literally, they just give you a general guage and you have to do your homework. Senior bats should outhit this bat and an other Utrip bats because they have more lenient performance standards. Compared to other Utrips, based on what people have been saying the Z is one of the hottest Utrip bats on the market now, especially out of the wrapper, but the flipside is poor durability. Do a search for Z1000 in this forum and study up!

Last edited:

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
I think when you review a bat, it should be based on a number of factors: price range, league certification, etc. In other words, based on other bats "in the same league". So it may be the best for what you are paying and playing, but not best overall.

EdgenMar

Addicted to Softballfans
Crap!!! better make a review and give it all zeros.... that should bring it down :p j/k

I do have the ASA Z1K version and its my gamer but Im about to get the Endload Z1K version here soon... i dont play Utrip but i just want to see how wicked it is

Last edited:

chris22186

Addicted to SBF!
I agree...These reviews aren't as adequate as you would think...They should be categorized by sanction so that people can see the difference in performance...ex. the og ext is the best ASA bat but not hotter than an ultra!

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
The reviews on this site are pretty useless in general. Read the manufactures sections they have much better and more accurate info.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
The Z1000s I have swung definitely do not surpass any ultras I have used. They are a super hot bat though. It's pretty impossible imo to compare a bat to an og ultra.

erickristy

Addicted to Softballfans
I have never seen an Ultra in person so I cannot compare, but the Utrip Z1000 easily has the furthest distance of ANY bat ANYONE on my team has swung. The sweetspot is huge and the exit speed is ridiculous!! The only question is the durability. Do not swing it for BP or under 60 degrees.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
The Z1000s I have swung definitely do not surpass any ultras I have used. They are a super hot bat though. It's pretty impossible imo to compare a bat to an og ultra.

Having swung Utra's and OG Synergy's...........I'd say that the the Z100 is not up to their level either. Nutmegs has it right............But, I would place them #4 on the list of hottest bats I've swung out of the wrapper.

Titaniums
Ultra
Synergy
Z1000

Very impressive stick, but not an Ultra.

chris22186

Addicted to SBF!
Thats another thing...Bats being made from 2010 and on are having durability issues due to the fact that they are HOW. Its pretty much the same, now the stick is game ready and no need for BP anymore!!!!

Good or bad thing?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Thats another thing...Bats being made from 2010 and on are having durability issues due to the fact that they are HOW. Its pretty much the same, now the stick is game ready and no need for BP anymore!!!!

Good or bad thing?

For me, it's a bad thing........I like hitting my new sticks in bp to get a good feel for them. Now, you're not getting as much of that. I don't know how much faith I have in a stick I haven't swung in bp.

chris22186

Addicted to SBF!
For me, it's a bad thing........I like hitting my new sticks in bp to get a good feel for them. Now, you're not getting as much of that. I don't know how much faith I have in a stick I haven't swung in bp.

Im with you bro!!!! That being said someone off the board went in and gave both the endloaded and balanced a 1 across the board to lower the hype in the review section...ttttttttt

single wally

Professional Amateur

Hot out of wrapper bats are instant gratification but I agree with this. There is also something satisfying about taking a stick from log to fire status after hundreds of BP swings.

escondido

Addicted to Softballfans
just came back from the cages...buddy just took the wrapper off and snapped after about 50 hits. sounded real nice before she died...i didn't even get to swing it

escondido

Addicted to Softballfans
Not my bat...was my buddy's...he paid for so he decided to see the if the hype was true. its about 40° right now...does it really matter y he swung it in a cage?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Not my bat...was my buddy's...he paid for so he decided to see the if the hype was true. its about 40° right now...does it really matter y he swung it in a cage?

Yeah, it does kind of matter. Those things are fragile enough hitting regular balls with it. No wonder the thing broke, hitting those heavey ass dimple balls with it. That's what you do if you want to break your bat. Can't swing it in cages then complain that it breaks.

escondido

Addicted to Softballfans
dunno if he read anything bout it....we didn't use the dimple balls, we brought our own balls to use