Zero committment rant!!!!!

dremersvision

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^Where in Ohio are you guys?

I am in the North East area....Akron/Canton. Heck, i can get guys to play if need be but i am happy that this is one thing i do not have to deal with at the moment.

cr4shpeg

Addicted to Softballfans
Attempting to manage a team of softball players is one of the most frustrating things I've done. The fact that a group of twenty somethings with no kids or wives can't commit to playing 2 nights a week boggles my mind. If you want to golf, that's great, but don't tell me you want to play ball before the season starts.

Also, having to constantly text guys to tell them when the games are, and basically beg them to come even though they all have a schedule after the first game of the year makes me want to pull what little hair I have left out. And I'll never understand just no showing without telling anybody. I'm assuming the "manager" and your teammates are your friends, or at the very worst people you like, how about you show them the common courtesy of not having them rush home from work and get to the field, only to find they have to forfeit.

If you say you're going to play, do what you say and show up.

fldiverr

Addicted to Softballfans
Same reason that I quit managing. I've got no problem with guys calling and letting you know in advance that they can't make it. We all have lives outside of softball and other responsibilities. But the no call/no show guys make it really frustrating.

suthrner

Church League Allstar
Running a team plain sucks.

Needed a sub last night and the first guy, lets call him Tom, I ended up leaving a message. Yesterday afternoon I still hadn't heard from Tom so I called another guy, let's call him Jeff, and he said he'd be there. We'll game time and they both show up so I told Tom that since I hadn't heard from him, that I called someone else and that I'd start Jeff because had confirmed and get Tom in game later. We'll about the third inning Tom leaves and hasn't answered any text.

dremersvision

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^^^Screw him then.

He simply does not understand that money goes into this, time goes into this. Have the decency to let people know what is going. I do not want guys like that around. I think i am blessed to have guys texting me through out the season asking me if they could play. I feel bad because i have to tell some of the guys that they will not be playing come fall because we will only have 1 team instead of 2.