Zero committment rant!!!!!

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
League tonight, half the team bails out. We have the late games and and can't get enough to field a team. Have to forfiet, I'm super pissed! I know, it's just league, blah, blah, blah. It would not have been a big deal but I got an out of town board bro that was supposed to come play tonight. Just wish if guys weren't able to play they could let you know enough in advance to have enough. Rant over!

MT#16

Same **** different Day
I just stopped my team this week had 3 more games to finish the season. Had the same problems every week had to find new guys to play and had guys cancelling last minute.

I got picked up by a new team this week also and feel so much better that I dont have to put up with a bunch of ungreatfull pricks anymore. Do yourself a favor dont manage teams.

brennen15

Addicted to Softballfans
Only pick guys fr your teams that u know for a fact love to play and don't ***** about the game. Some just like to be there when its convenient not on my team. Play all the games or 90% or you're not playin with me lol

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
WTF has 5 buddies?

Not this guy...

null_zps4144ae76.jpg

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Only pick guys fr your teams that u know for a fact love to play and don't ***** about the game. Some just like to be there when its convenient not on my team. Play all the games or 90% or you're not playin with me lol

I agree but it is getting harder and harder to find players with any commitment. At least most of your players work so have some kind of excuse but all our players are retired with nothing else to do one day a week.

So bad this year that I thing this is my last year fielding a team of my own and just play for other teams.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
Just admit you don't want the out of town board bro to see you play after hyping your game sbf style.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Lol, our league team has 12 guys on the roster and in one complete calendar year we probably had all 12 guys show up 4-5 weeks. Otherwise every week it was find someone to fill in. Hell we had weeks where 7-8 guys were missing.

lineshot

Banned User
That's why you have to bring beer for your guys every week, so they show up. It's an incentive. I bring and abundance of beer for my team on Thursdays and we drink till 12-1am after the games.

MaverickAH

League tonight, half the team bails out. We have the late games and and can't get enough to field a team. Have to forfiet, I'm super pissed! I know, it's just league, blah, blah, blah. It would not have been a big deal but I got an out of town board bro that was supposed to come play tonight. Just wish if guys weren't able to play they could let you know enough in advance to have enough. Rant over!

No sympathy from me on this one. Signing up to play on a Friday night is just begging for this type of thing to happen! It's they one day that guarantees the highest amount of no shows.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
Most of the places I played league it seemed the strongest league was at the beginning of the week leading down to the worst - weakest on Friday. With it being a Friday night and the less dedicated players mixing it into their softball/social/drinking/weekend crowd schedule it does seem like recipe for disaster.

AshAid28

Coach
No sympathy from me on this one. Signing up to play on a Friday night is just begging for this type of thing to happen!

I'd be willing to bet that his league offers other nights in which to play (at least the places I play do) and pretty sure the OP asked the guys who could play what nights and Fridays were the the night that the majority could....sorry but if you tell someone Fridays (or whatever) nights you can play..and you aren't committed to that night..just say no from the jump..don't waste other peoples time and make it harder on the team to field players

I would think if Fridays weren't good he (the OP) would have either placed them in another night or just not at all

brennen15

Addicted to Softballfans
I love my Friday night league I get to drink and get out of the house and be with some friends. That's about the extent to me going out anymore. Saves u $ by not goin to the bar too.

MaverickAH

I'd be willing to bet that his league offers other nights in which to play (at least the places I play do) and pretty sure the OP asked the guys who could play what nights and Fridays were the the night that the majority could....sorry but if you tell someone Fridays (or whatever) nights you can play..and you aren't committed to that night..just say no from the jump..don't waste other peoples time and make it harder on the team to field players

I would think if Fridays weren't good he (the OP) would have either placed them in another night or just not at all

If you are a twenty or thirty something year old & single, even if you say you're free to play on Friday nights, which night of the week do you think is most likely that you'll have something come up that changes your plans to play softball?

Let's get real here....... Anyone can say that they're free to play on Friday nights & it may have been absolutely true when they said it but we all know what the real draw of Friday nights is & it ain't softball!!!;):p:p

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
just had playoffs & championship last. had 4 guys that couldn't make.
Im like WTF!? you can't make it for the playoffs?

J-Bonez

Starting Player
Used to play Fridays, good thing was the place had its own bar. Its gone now, no more diamonds.

So no bar, no Friday league for this guy!!!

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
If I were within a 100 mile radius, Ida came through and had ur OF on lock.

But, I'm too far... Gay

Did these flakers pay any fees?

I've learned that u have to be most concerned w the teams that are at no cost to players.

aquadgio1200

Part Time Player
Today were playoffs for us and we had no shows, pisses me off that they night before after i send a roll call text, they all say "im there" and they dont show with out a freaking phone call. I dont mind if you dont show, just give me a courtesy call so i can find a replacement...sucks fielding 3 outfielders and other team exploiting the gaps.

dave2130

Addicted to Softballfans
I text 16 guys every tue/thur and am lucky to get 10-11...so frustrating....then the one game that 14 come to, someone complains that they are sitting

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
If I were within a 100 mile radius, Ida came through and had ur OF on lock.

But, I'm too far... Gay

Did these flakers pay any fees?

I've learned that u have to be most concerned w the teams that are at no cost to players

^^^This here. The leagues where guys are putting up good money to play are the ones where they'll more than likely show up. The flakers with no skin in the game have nothing to lose by skipping the fields for the bar on a Friday night.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i played friday league for a season. it was at the dugout in davenport. a bar with softball fields. by the 7 oclock games guys were getting a buzz on and it started to get stupid. the team i played on had different people on it every week and the coach was pissed off most of the time. no thanks.

SPARKY32

Addicted to Softballfans
can't help but wonder if the op is a guy on the friday night team i play on. I don't know if we have played too many games this year with the guys we thought we had lined up. Bad part is most are our tournament team also and they have killed us there too. They want to whine and complain but half of them are the ones who back out last minute on a tournament.