me taking some bp

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
your check swings look like your real swings. little to arm extension, if you got behind them arms with your size you would smush.

Mudfrog

Addicted to Softballfans
First couple swings looked like all arms.. then you started to get your hips in to it.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
Look at your legs and feet here. You're robbing yourself of power by not getting your legs/hips involved. This was a line drive to the screen. Imagine how much harder it would've been hit with more of your lower body into the swing.

bp.jpg

onlyworth10

I Quit
YOUR A big boy, swing the bat. Your all hands. Throw your arms at it. You got power, just maximize it with correct mechanics.

jamesbaker1975

Look at your legs and feet here. You're robbing yourself of power by not getting your legs/hips involved. This was a line drive to the screen. Imagine how much harder it would've been hit with more of your lower body into the swing.

bp.jpg

thanks for showing me where going to hit tomm. see what i can change. would rather be hitting outside but where in indiana and it 20 deg outside

jamesbaker1975

You're GTG.

No problem, dude. Check out the other BP threads here. Look for swingnmiss's advice. It's always spot on, and a lot more detailed than what I can provide.

ill check it out . when i conect with the ball it goes but any edge i can pick up ill gladly listen

efmbcali91

Addicted to Softballfans
ill check it out . when i conect with the ball it goes but any edge i can pick up ill gladly listen

Thank God for the fence in front of the pitcher... you would have tore his but up;) Read my posts over the last couple of days, they have provided allot of good information which could help you as well.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=961524
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=960665
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=960714

I found a good video on hips rotation that you may be interested in also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lM6KjryEvI

Last edited:

Fishstick5

Addicted to Softballfans
1) Is this in fast forward mode or something or was that real time?
2) Glad you have indoor cages, but they have to be the worst I have seen
3) Please get a new pitcher, instead of someone throwing balls at a orange shirt

crawl13

Addicted to Softballfans
James send me a pm where you are hitting, if I can make it your way I'd like to get some swings in too..

BIGDOG44

In your head
bro try and keep that front leg stiff when you land. You also have a short follow through. Hit through that ball. You got weight, and power throw it at the ball.

1st Baseman

Addicted to Softballfans
Sswing

YOUR A big boy, swing the bat. Your all hands. Throw your arms at it. You got power, just maximize it with correct mechanics.

Agree w/ this. I'm no hitting expert by I know body composition/type; you're a very strong cat, you'll be SCARY once your mechanics are right. Oh! Use your hips.

jamesbaker1975

1) Is this in fast forward mode or something or was that real time?
2) Glad you have indoor cages, but they have to be the worst I have seen
3) Please get a new pitcher, instead of someone throwing balls at a orange shirt

its the old basketball gym. they use to have basketball leagues in. so they started letting fastpitch lession go though the week and i get it on the weekends. its just plywood on the floor and the paint is coming off from the abuse. cant complain when there is snow on the ground and this is our best option. and the time thing i took it with a sony cyber shot. and have been having trouble uploading video but its reall time

Rob12

Addicted to Softballfans
First they need to change the music lol
I didnt read any of the other posts in reply to your question. So here's what I saw. Even though its BP do not swing at pitches that are not near the plate, you need to hit strikes and anything close. It looked like this guy was just throwing the ball with no purpose. This will just create bad habbits cause from what I saw not one swing was the same. your off the plate and the pitcher is still jamming you. In some swings your top hand comes off way to early which will cause you to loose power and can cause you to pop up. You need to involve your body in your swing. Hips and legs involvement will help. Your hips dont rotate and there is minimal action in your legs. Check out Swing Mechanics it will def help. everyone has a different comfort zone as far as hitting goes so try to filter through what everyone says. Good Luck

jamesbaker1975

First they need to change the music lol
I didnt read any of the other posts in reply to your question. So here's what I saw. Even though its BP do not swing at pitches that are not near the plate, you need to hit strikes and anything close. It looked like this guy was just throwing the ball with no purpose. This will just create bad habbits cause from what I saw not one swing was the same. your off the plate and the pitcher is still jamming you. In some swings your top hand comes off way to early which will cause you to loose power and can cause you to pop up. You need to involve your body in your swing. Hips and legs involvement will help. Your hips dont rotate and there is minimal action in your legs. Check out Swing Mechanics it will def help. everyone has a different comfort zone as far as hitting goes so try to filter through what everyone says. Good Luck

thank you ill check it out

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
like everyone else said use your hips. people often under estimate how much their lower body plays in hitting the ball. once you get your lower legs and hips into it you'll be a force.

quick tip to get your lower legs involved which usually helps me when i start to dip my back shoulder. keep your front foot planted when you swing dont move it at all and swing normally but focus on pivoting your back foot and hips after about 10 or so pitches you should be good to go again.