ups shipping blunder

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans
Is the package weighed at each stop during delivery?? Any way to find out when the package weighed less than when it was shipped?

hmmm I think thats a valid lead to check up on. Looks like it will be a UPS claim so I will bring it up.

AJ22

Super Moderator
AJ calm the **** down. I have been in contact with him since it showed up. We are mearly looking for ideas on how the **** to fix this. Get off your high horse once in a while. If you have no advice don't let tge door hit you in the ass whilist gtfo.

LOL ..

So its now my fault .. and I am on my high horse ? really ?

You dropped the ball here. I really could careless who does what here, but you sir are 100% wrong with the way this went down. The new member did everything according to what you asked him to do ..

This has nothing to do with being on a high horse ... but you owe period. In any court of law, you ahd someone sign for a package. Thats what the paid service was and UPS will not award the shipper anything unless you prove fault.

How to handle this now is FOR YOU to contact UPS since one of your joking co-workers signed for the package and we are a week out (or 4 days). I'm not sure how this falls on the shipper ... the shipper did everything according to whats expected. Delivery confirmation along with a signature confirmation ... it shows delivered and signed/accepted.

Sorry its not what you want to hear ... but too bad. You are more to blame.

WhiteBrow24

The Dude Abides
Here is the basic timeline:

Friday 6/10 package delivered, buyer not at work.

Monday 6/13 buyer informs me of a potential problem (soda bottles in box, says he is going to check with office people to see if its a prank)

tuesday 6/14-friday 6/17 not much happened, still waiting to see if its a prank, gave him tracking info. hoping that would help.

Monday (today) 6/20 Informed that it appears not to be a prank.

hope this helps, whitebrow let me know if you agree with this timeline......

100% agree. Not sure what could have been done different.

spos21ram

The Legend
Something may be fishy here or UPS may really be at fault. One thing we can probably rule out is the shipper having any wrong doing here. Since he had to ship first then what's the point of shipping soda bottles? Plus I know for a fact they weight the package at the time of shipping and even if you stuffed 20 soda bottles in the tube, it still wouldn't weigh the same as a softball bat, so that would be easy to check. Either someone at UPS stole the bat, a co-worker stole the bat, or the buyer is trying to screw the seller by making up this story.

You could have done a couple things differently. Immediately (monday) tell the seller something is wrong and call UPS the same day.

AJ22

Super Moderator
Something may be fishy here or UPS may really be at fault. One thing we can probably rule out is the shipper having any wrong doing here. Since he had to ship first then what's the point of shipping soda bottles? Plus I know for a fact they weight the package at the time of shipping and even if you stuffed 20 soda bottles in the tube, it still wouldn't weigh the same as a softball bat, so that would be easy to check. Either someone at UPS stole the bat, a co-worker stole the bat, or the buyer is trying to screw the seller by making up this story.

You could have done a couple things differently. Immediately (monday) tell the seller something is wrong and call UPS the same day.

Which has been my stance the whole time .. just not in these words ..

UPS is obviously the culprit here and I said it from the start that WhiteBrow is GTG.

But we are talking about a 10 day timeline now based on the listed dates ? No way UPS refunds any money. You can try, but UPS is not even going to investigate ... especially with 10 days and a signature.

leeman1982

<font color="#3A5FCD">Eternal EH</font>
Unfortunately i think you will have a hard time recieveing any thing from UPS insurance wise seeing as it has been 10 days since delivery....

spos21ram

The Legend

UPS is obviously the culprit here and I said it from the start that WhiteBrow is GTG.

But we are talking about a 10 day timeline now based on the listed dates ? No way UPS refunds any money. You can try, but UPS is not even going to investigate ... especially with 10 days and a signature.

Yes I agree, there was too long of a wait to report there was a problem. Hopefully the $100 dollars from insurance will be awarded.

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans

OUCH!, kinda what I was expecting though with the timeline, but it still blows.

Honestly, I dont know what I could have done differently on this transaction>? I guess just chalk it up to a freak occurrence? Either way Im out the $ plus shipping.

I have since done 2 other deals on the forum with no problems so I guess I cant chalk it all up to bad experiences, im 2 for 3.

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans
Im not expecting much but receiver has agreed to try and start UPS claim. We will see what happens.

thanks for the advice from all.

BallPlayer24

DO you guys think I would be better off to start a claim as the shipper or should the receiver start it up?

Honestly, lets go over who did what? You shipped.... It went to the address he requested and was signed for. As long as your part is done which it is you are set. He should make the claim and should owe you for the bat either way.

Not that I really care, but with all the other ‘stories’ that pop up on here I’m not sure if this post is even legit. Good luck to both partied involved if it is though, and learn from your mistakes and in the very least contact UPS right away next time.

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly, lets go over who did what? You shipped.... It went to the address he requested and was signed for. As long as your part is done which it is you are set. He should make the claim and should owe you for the bat either way.

Yes, this is precisely what happened. I shipped first. The timeline above sums it up pretty well. I dont know what I could have done differently. Whitebrow and I have communicated efficiently via phone and email on this.

He agreed today to start the UPS claim. As of right now I am out a bat and the shipping charges. Will report from here how it goes or if any changes.

knooch21

ancient chinese secret
LOL ..

So its now my fault .. and I am on my high horse ? really ?

You dropped the ball here. I really could careless who does what here, but you sir are 100% wrong with the way this went down. The new member did everything according to what you asked him to do ..

This has nothing to do with being on a high horse ... but you owe period. In any court of law, you ahd someone sign for a package. Thats what the paid service was and UPS will not award the shipper anything unless you prove fault.

How to handle this now is FOR YOU to contact UPS since one of your joking co-workers signed for the package and we are a week out (or 4 days). I'm not sure how this falls on the shipper ... the shipper did everything according to whats expected. Delivery confirmation along with a signature confirmation ... it shows delivered and signed/accepted.

Sorry its not what you want to hear ... but too bad. You are more to blame.

I don't really think he put any blame on you...but,if you're going to go your route & stance,then in the long run the person who signed for it assumed responsibility.
All in all I hope resolution comes from ups & not 1 of you 2 eating the theft of another bat.

spos21ram

The Legend
Yes, this is precisely what happened. I shipped first. The timeline above sums it up pretty well. I dont know what I could have done differently. Whitebrow and I have communicated efficiently via phone and email on this.

He agreed today to start the UPS claim. As of right now I am out a bat and the shipping charges. Will report from here how it goes or if any changes.

You shouldn't be out a bat or shipping charges. You did your part.

spos21ram

The Legend
We are not happy. I still need a bat and he needs money. Lose lose situation for both of us.

I'm sure he's a great board member, but the seller did his part. I guess you can say whitebrow was a little careless. Letting a co-worker sign for a package when you're not there could be a recipe for disaster especially if they do office pranks. You never know who doesn't like you at work. Also, should have contacted UPS right away. I just don't think the seller should get screwd here.

Will B

DeMarini Nation
The shipper should go to the shipping facility with his tracking # and time of shipment, UPS keeps a "log" of all the pkgs shipped, and when they were shipped. Ask the shipping facility to check the 2 previous tracking #'s before yours and the 2 after yours and see if these was a claim filed for any of those pkgs. If there was a claim filed you will prob find the bat. It happened to me once (not with a bat though) and the pkg was found and redirected to the recieving party.

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans
good ending

Just as an update for all, I did talk to UPS and it pays to be a good UPS corporate acct.

They said normally there isn't much they can do about a package that has been signed for after 3 days is what the first CS Rep told me.

After transferring to our account manager he said to go ahead and submit the claim for the value of the bat and they would cover it no problem.

So, a couple things that I found out on this whole ordeal.

Open your expensive packages in front of the UPS guy if you can or have someone else you trust do this for you.

Also, I will remain a loyal UPS customer. As will our company.

cheers and thanks to all who helped.

deflaytedwayz

Starting Player
I'm glad to hear you got it taken care of, but I really would be interrogating my fellow employees and keeping an eye on craigslist

JPritch

Addicted to Softballfans
Glad to see this resolved. My money is still on a co-worker not owning up to the theft. I don't see a thief at UPS taking the time to restuff the package with empty soda bottles.

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER
Glad to see this resolved. My money is still on a co-worker not owning up to the theft. I don't see a thief at UPS taking the time to restuff the package with empty soda bottles.
To many empty box threads proving otherwise.
sounds like whitebrow got a free bat

I think these are closer to the truth here than most of us want to admit. Maybe not whitebrow, but their company team did at least.

whitebrow dropped to ball on this one. If you know you are not going to be at work the day it should be delivered, have it delivered to your house.

mijowe

The Veteran
To many empty box threads proving otherwise.

I think there are so many false empty box threads that people are quick to use the excuse when they want to screw somebody, ie happens all the time who is not going to believe it.

Has anybody gotten an empty box when buying a bat new from a online dealer? USPS/UPS/ FEd EX all know a bat is those boxes with the company name on the box and those seem to come thru fine. IJS

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER
I think there are so many false empty box threads that people are quick to use the excuse when they want to screw somebody, ie happens all the time who is not going to believe it.

Has anybody gotten an empty box when buying a bat new from a online dealer? USPS/UPS/ FEd EX all know a bat is those boxes with the company name on the box and those seem to come thru fine. IJS

Very Valid point. Most even have the model # and weight right on the outside.

To be honest I've wondered that before.

TEX1959

Addicted to Softballfans
Im going to go to bat for UPS here.
I think a lot on here blame it on UPS just to get a free bat or to send a box with whatever in it,
or nothing in it to get paid and not send the bat.
WHY do i say this???
I was in business for 13 years getting anywhere from at least 1 package a day, and sometimes up to
10 or more a day. Most being obvious what MIGHT be in the package. Im sure UPS emplyees would
loved to have a free pair of OAKLEYs.
Not once in all that time did i have anything go missing coming to me nor anything go missing that i shipped.
The number of bats that have been sold or traded on here probably does not even come close to the
number of packages i dealt with in that 13 years with no losses.
But have seen so many threads on here saying that UPS, or for that matter USPS or FEDEX or whoever
must have needed a bat. Most of those probably being posted by the same guys that would swear they
would NEVER swing an altered bat of any kind, and do it most of the time. Hear about too many of those on
here as well, that someone got in a trade or deal, and that the seller knew nothing about.
YEA, RIGHT.

Phobia

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know about UPS but the last bat deal I did here USPS put my package on the front porch. It was opened. The bat I pulled out was an aluminum baseball bat. I started sweating. Then I reached in and pulled out the Ressy I bought from a member here. So somebody is out there looking for their 30 oz baseball bat after an empty box showed up on their front porch.