ups shipping blunder

WhiteBrow24

The Dude Abides
I had agreed on a deal here and the bat was shipped. I had received a package full of POP bottles. It was shipped to my work, thus I thought some smartass did this at work. A week went by and we have came to the conclusion that this was not the case. Of all the deals I have done here, eBay, and other forums, I have never had a problem. What can be done to fix tgis? Not sure what to do.

Country35

Banned User
I always forget to to this, but with UPS unless they were there and you signed it, you always have the right to refuse a package that was left for you. Also people listen up here.... We get alot of stuff in at the fire station via ups. We have a policy that if you sign for it and its wrong you fix it. So even tho it pisses the driver off, we open and inspect everything before we sign for it, and you should too if its for a bat every time.

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans
I am the seller of this bat, being that I also shipped the bat first without any payment, It looks like I am up a creek. I have been in contact with whitebrow for some time and have exchanged several emails. He seems to be open and upfront with me about it so I genuinely think he received a box of pop bottles.

I didn't insure it with UPS. I know stupid move but to be honest we have a corporate account and have hundreds of shipments with them without problems.

Anyone else have this happen with UPS or something similar??

I have asked for pictures of the received box to see if I can see any blatant package discrepancies, such as a different kind of tape used etc?? But I think I may end up eating a bat.

this blows.

db521

Addicted to Softballfans
I am the seller of this bat, being that I also shipped the bat first without any payment, It looks like I am up a creek. I have been in contact with whitebrow for some time and have exchanged several emails. He seems to be open and upfront with me about it so I genuinely think he received a box of pop bottles.

I didn't insure it with UPS. I know stupid move but to be honest we have a corporate account and have hundreds of shipments with them without problems.

I have asked for pictures of the received box to see if I can see any blatant package discrepancies, such as a different kind of tape used etc?? But I think I may end up eating a bat.

this blows.

you can still file a claim with UPS....they insure each package automatically up to $100. So, even if you didn't insure it you can get at least $100 put towards your refund to the OP. Hope that helps.

AJ22

Super Moderator
I had agreed on a deal here and the bat was shipped. I had received a package full of POP bottles. It was shipped to my work, thus I thought some smartass did this at work. A week went by and we have came to the conclusion that this was not the case. Of all the deals I have done here, eBay, and other forums, I have never had a problem. What can be done to fix tgis? Not sure what to do.

A week goes by and now its a problem ?

I am having a hard time with this ... a Buyer also has a responsibility as well !!!!

BallPlayer24

Shipped an item recently that showed delivered but the guy said he never recieved.....file a claim through UPS they will take up to 8 days locating it and finding out anything they can...If not they will cover up to $100.

AveregeJay

Banned User
Someone needs to ask the sender what kind of pop he drinks.

1172909689WgmLsB.jpg

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans
Shipped an item recently that showed delivered but the guy said he never recieved.....file a claim through UPS they will take up to 8 days locating it and finding out anything they can...If not they will cover up to $100.

The problem is , I shipped it to his office. He wasn't there on that friday and so someone else in the office signed for it. I didnt even know we had an issue until the following monday.

It does show the persons name that signed for it on the tracking though....... I dont know if that is beneficial to my case?

BallPlayer24

The problem is......

Have you done anything? like call UPS check your options? go to the local office and ask? because thats where you know if you have a problem or not. Looks like your worried about a problem and haven't even looked at your options yet.

AJ22

Super Moderator
It's common practice at my work to mess with people....

So somehow the respect and courtesy the Seller deserves is now lost because your co-workers screw around ? He respected you by shipping first ..

I hope the seller can file a claim in this ... if its a loss cause, I feel you are responsible.

No excuse for a week to go by ... especially if the package was labeled correctly.

Its always the sellers responsibility to ensure a safe shipping process. But the Seller also needs a Buyer's confirmation and contact is to be made right away (not a week later) when something goes wrong.

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans
DNA test the bottles and find ur thief....

Seriously though...I would be TICKED OFF!!!

Seriously though,

I AM.

It's been two weeks since the transaction started I've already mentally prepared myself for eating the cost of the bat, I guess if there is a silver lining, the Bat was a freak plus, so not a huge dollar bat like an Easton Flex or something. We agreed on a $125 sale price once he received it in good condition.

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans
Have you done anything? like call UPS check your options? go to the local office and ask? because thats where you know if you have a problem or not. Looks like your worried about a problem and haven't even looked at your options yet.

I wanted to check with the board forum and see what people thought before I contacted UPS. I am glad we have done this as I have received several good tips and some good advice re: UPS rules etc.

I will definitely keep everyone updated with what UPS says.

thanks also for the help here guys.

I can send the emails to those who PM me, dont feel right posting it on public forum with everyones contacts on them.

cheers,

AJ22

Super Moderator
I wanted to check with the board forum and see what people thought before I contacted UPS. I am glad we have done this as I have received several good tips and some good advice re: UPS rules etc.

I will definitely keep everyone updated with what UPS says.

thanks also for the help here guys.

I can send the emails to those who PM me, dont feel right posting it on public forum with everyones contacts on them.

cheers,

You don't owe anyone any explanation here yet .. if you do not want your pm's and conversation being public knowledge, then please do not share them.

I also believe as this looks based on whats been posted, I'm not sure you are at fault here yet ..

We obviously have a problem and WhiteBrow24's reputation as this site is GTG.

BUT :

- The package was delivered on a friday and he wasn't in the office or at work ? The problem I have with this is the tracking shows when the package was to be delivered, correct ?

- It sounds as if someone had to sign for this (deliver and signaature confirmation). If the Buyer wasn't going to be at work the day of delivery, then why wasn't there any instructions left for the person who signed ? At least have the signee LOOK in the box ...

- WHY a week later after delivery is there a problem ?? Wasn't the package labeled correctly ??

To clarify you received the wrong package by mistake? If so, someone else should be looking for the package you got by mistake as well and I’m guessing tracking labels, shipping addresses, etc won’t match up and it should be pretty east to figure out at least where the wrong package came from. If it happened to me the first thing I would have done regardless of it being insured or not would be to contact ups and say I received what appears to be the wrong package, tell them all the information on the box and what information I had expected form the sender and see what they said and if they could confirm it was the wrong package and that the original was missing. I’m not sure why you haven’t done it yet as I would think the sooner you do it the more of a chance you might have to recover your bat.

db521

Addicted to Softballfans
You don't owe anyone any explanation here yet .. if you do not want your pm's and conversation being public knowledge, then please do not share them.

I also believe as this looks based on whats been posted, I'm not sure you are at fault here yet ..

BUT :

- The package was delivered on a friday and he wasn't in the office or at work ? The problem I have with this is the tracking shows when the package was to be delivered, correct ?

- It sounds as if someone had to sign for this (deliver and signaature confirmation). If the Buyer wasn't going to be at work the day of delivery, then why wasn't there any instructions left for the person who signed ? At least have the signee LOOK in the box ...

- WHY a week later after delivery is there a problem ?? Wasn't the package labeled correctly ??

have you done this before ;) Thanks for all you do AJ, and I agree if there was an expected delivery on a day that I planned to be out of office then you better believe I am writing down for any person that could sign for it the model number and weight of the bat I am expecting to receive, give them orders to open it, make sure it is correct, and then call me and lmk that it is exactly like I described.

AJ22

Super Moderator
have you done this before ;) Thanks for all you do AJ, and I agree if there was an expected delivery on a day that I planned to be out of office then you better believe I am writing down for any person that could sign for it the model number and weight of the bat I am expecting to receive, give them orders to open it, make sure it is correct, and then call me and lmk that it is exactly like I described.

We want the new members (noobs as called so often) to ship first ... and they respect ones wishes to do so. We also do not like any excuses such as the ''girlfriend/finace'/wife shipped the package''. We laugh at these types of excuses ..

So ..

A new member respects by shipping first and we now have the co-workers do practical jokes so we don't take a mistake in delivery seriously until a week later ..

Yet the new member is at fault .. so its on him to make the deal right ? Who actually is the NOOB here ??

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans

BUT :

Tracking does indeed show a date of delivery, which was on friday 6/10. It was indeed delivered then@12:40 pm and signed for by another person in the office. I have the POD with name and signature.

I did email that day 6/10 to ask if the bat looked ok etc and if he was happy with it. Didnt hear back until monday that he was out that day and was now going to go find the bat at his office.

It was on tuesday, after sending him the tracking that he did indeed inform me we may have a problem. Weds I got ahold of him by phone whereby he explained that the box had soda bottles in it and no bat but he thought someone in his office was playing a prank on him. Long story short, today i find out that no one is copping to a prank at his office so I am out a bat?

BTW, package was labeled with company name and personal name so it wasn't ambiguous.

I hope this answers your questions.

DO you guys think I would be better off to start a claim as the shipper or should the receiver start it up?

spos21ram

The Legend
Is the package weighed at each stop during delivery?? Any way to find out when the package weighed less than when it was shipped?

The problem is , I shipped it to his office. He wasn't there on that friday and so someone else in the office signed for it. I didnt even know we had an issue until the following monday.

It does show the persons name that signed for it on the tracking though....... I dont know if that is beneficial to my case?

i'm confused. the buyer says it took him a week to come to the conclusion that it wasn't a joke, yet the seller knew three days later that there was an issue. so is the monday 3 days after the friday or 10 days after the friday?

...We also do not like any excuses such as the ''girlfriend/finace'/wife shipped the package''. We laugh at these types of excuses ..

my sentiments exactly....

WhiteBrow24

The Dude Abides
AJ calm the **** down. I have been in contact with him since it showed up. We are mearly looking for ideas on how the **** to fix this. Get off your high horse once in a while. If you have no advice don't let tge door hit you in the ass whilist gtfo.

WhiteBrow24

The Dude Abides
I am not here to screw anyone over. If the claim needs to come from my end then it will be made right that way. Either way it will be made right. I as well as mak just need some ideas as this has never happened to either of us.

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm confused. the buyer says it took him a week to come to the conclusion that it wasn't a joke, yet the seller knew three days later that there was an issue. so is the monday 3 days after the friday or 10 days after the friday?

Here is the basic timeline:

Friday 6/10 package delivered, buyer not at work.

Monday 6/13 buyer informs me of a potential problem (soda bottles in box, says he is going to check with office people to see if its a prank)

tuesday 6/14-friday 6/17 not much happened, still waiting to see if its a prank, gave him tracking info. hoping that would help.

Monday (today) 6/20 Informed that it appears not to be a prank.

hope this helps, whitebrow let me know if you agree with this timeline......