Making the girls scream! 01/09/12

pj3p

Senior Power Hitter :-)
Using the Whip Strip which I really love.
The last few balls of bp and the unsuspecting picnic table full of girls 410' away! 1080HD
The settings for the Lousville Slugger UPM45 pitching machine are as follows;

The main spring is on 1
The lever is 5th hole down
The pitching arm is on 4

Last edited by a moderator:

pj3p

Pat, it is good to see you're still dropping bombs. Where is the HAMMER at though!!!:D

If everyone else wasn't too sissy to take the hammer challenge :rolleyes:
I'd bring mine back out.
Hammer Challenge = 28 oz Hammer + Tee + 300' fence + 44-400 balls

I did 17-21 in 85 degree weather

out-cast

Manager
Nice!! Let me know if you ever want to meet up for some Bp. I live in PSL but work in PB County. I actually have a jobsite on US1 near that park.

pj3p

Nice!! Let me know if you ever want to meet up for some Bp. I live in PSL but work in PB County. I actually have a jobsite on US1 near that park.

I usually hit 4 times a week and usually at PGA National Park. They have it closed
for a couple of weeks "to let the grass recover" since they have softball, soccer
and kickball played on them. The NPB field is the only one we could find open to hit on.

out-cast

Manager
Have you tried the fields off Ellison Wilson? Most of our fields are closed until the 27th for down time too. Derail over...

N LA Hacker

Illuminati
What settings do you have your upm45 set on? How far from the plate? I've got one, and we try and set it up for utrip pitching. We have to press the power spring down about 3/4 of the way, which causes inconsistencies.

pj3p

First one was a psycho. Melee Legend was 2nd..Reebok senior bat.

Correct, the Psycho took about 1000 swings to get hot and the Reebok has less than 100. We only hit 44-375 and 400 microcells or Stotes with the Reebok and once in a while I hit a Thunder Advance with it. The longest shot hit the playground fence to the right of the tree. The first ball with the Reebok landed inside the dugout opening. One with the Psycho earlier in the day hit the light pole behind the dugout [370'] about 40' up.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
Correct, the Psycho took about 1000 swings to get hot and the Reebok has less than 100. We only hit 44-375 and 400 microcells or Stotes with the Reebok and once in a while I hit a Thunder Advance with it. The longest shot hit the playground fence to the right of the tree. The first ball with the Reebok landed inside the dugout opening. One with the Psycho earlier in the day hit the light pole behind the dugout [370'] about 40' up.

Dont forget to mention you do all of this while carrying your AARP card!!!;) One of these days Ill make it down to your neck of the woods again to hit. Hows the fishing going?? You still fishin???

pj3p

shopofpop

SBF member since 2004

Hard hit balls there Pat. Good Job!

zman025

Addicted to Softballfans
nice swings again , i just got a pair of whip strips . i cant tell if they make a difference yet , maybe alittle . and took your advice stepping away from the tee more , im still seeing if it helps . i sent in for my senior softball card looking to do some tournys this yr .

pj3p

I may have to try one of these, Does it throw consistently? Judging from the video it looks like it does, but I just want your opinion.

The balls being different cause the only variable.
The first day we used it we hit 3 rounds [75 swings] on 77 pitches.

zman025

Addicted to Softballfans
was uncertain the first time i used the whip strips , i used them today did alittle bp inside off my tee . for some reason i felt i was hitting the ball harder maybe its a mind thing