Co ED Horror Stories

bigbacon

Addicted to Softballfans
Watched a guy in church coed send one middle with f98 that hit the female pitcher in the shin. I have never seen a knot pop that quick! In seconds it had grown 3" off her shin. I don't play because it's hard to find females that are able to show up for every game on time.

hitman444

Addicted to Softballfans
I dove headfirst at home one time and ended up taking out the catcher with my face in her muff...She was a big girl, kinda hot but pretty big...She wasnt happy when I was still getting high fives while we were drinking beers in the parking lot...Definitely one to remember..:D
Oh, and I was safe too...Ball was no where near catchable!

u hook up???

EdFred

every day I'm shovelin'
I hadn't played ball in 12 or 13 years. Posted an ad on CL to get back in the game because I knew nobody who played, or even where anyone was playing. fitzpats on here picked me up for his co-ed team. Two of the girls went a combined 1-for-the-season. One was our catcher who wore full protective gear for slow pitch, and wouldn't play anywhere else. The bigger one we had to put at 3rd, and I think she showed up with a kids baseball glove to play. She was the slowest person I've ever seen, ever. Her 40 time was measured using a sundial, slow. She was on first (she actually walked like 9 times that season) and as soon as the ball is hit she takes off full speed (for her) for second. The ball hits off the fence in center and drops straight down. The CF runs it down picks it up, throws it to 2nd and she's forced out by 4-5 steps.

Fun times.

66FLH

Addicted to Softballfans
u hook up???
didnt really need to after that!:D When I say big I mean she is about 5'11" and at least 165lb. really cute though..
She was kinda pissed cause I took my time getting my face outta' there! Funniest fricken thing is I still see her at the fields once in a while and she goes outta her way to talk to me! LMFAO!!

IBUNT

Addicted to Softballfans
didnt really need to after that!:D When I say big I mean she is about 5'11" and at least 165lb. really cute though..
She was kinda pissed cause I took my time getting my face outta' there! Funniest fricken thing is I still see her at the fields once in a while and she goes outta her way to talk to me! LMFAO!!

That's her way of saying "feel free to slide into me again"

AreJay

Addicted to Softballfans
Pitching the other night...the first person walks up to the plate with shaved head, baggy shorts, cutoff t-shirt with a men's undershirt underneath it, tribal tats up and down the arms. Ump throws me the guy's ball and I pitch, with the batter weakly grounding out to third. Turn around to throw the men's ball back to the ump and there is a guy walking up to the plate to hit.
Umpire came up to me and apologized because he had no idea the first batter was a girl, even our female catcher couldn't tell the gender of the first batter.

IBUNT

Addicted to Softballfans
Pitching the other night...the first person walks up to the plate with shaved head, baggy shorts, cutoff t-shirt with a men's undershirt underneath it, tribal tats up and down the arms. Ump throws me the guy's ball and I pitch, with the batter weakly grounding out to third. Turn around to throw the men's ball back to the ump and there is a guy walking up to the plate to hit.
Umpire came up to me and apologized because he had no idea the first batter was a girl, even our female catcher couldn't tell the gender of the first batter.

Pic or it ain't true....lol

Eastendpat

The Veteran

trolololol

Played in a coed tourney last weekend and the ball was hit to our LF'er, I was playing LC. He picks it up and yells, "WTF this is a girl's ball ump!!"...I had to calm him down a tad and say, "Dude, that was a girl who hit it..." ... "oh...my bad". Awkward.

bp101985

Addicted to Softballfans
Played only 3 games of co-ed ever..last game bases loaded 2 outs game's tied..I hit a game ending dbo..figured I couldn't go any higher in my co-ed softball career so I hung up my co-ed skirt with pride

RedNek

I was there, playing SS. True story. So bad...

LOL

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
This is an interesting thread. I played co-ed tourney as a fill in one time... Playing rc and our 2b was a girl... I'm 6'1 275 and pretty fast... She was 5'1 85... Pretty tiny. Blooper into rc... Never saw her. Broke her jaw. Yea good times.

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice to hear some of the positives, it's apparently pretty easy for guys to completely write off coed after a couple bad experiences.

I've found myself playing way too much coed so far this year but thankfully there haven't been any horror stories yet. For the most part the teams I've played with are of a decent enough level that I don't see any of the horror story type plays coming into consideration. I do have one team that's all friends of mine and therefore not the best/most experienced ball players, that's where I worry. My other teams though? I can't see a catcher taking a foul tip to the face, flailing the bat around wildly, not covering up on close plays at 1st, not defending themselves on the mound, purposely shooting middle on a girl etc etc. I think the coed game can be rife with problems when you start putting people on the field who haven't played much before along with people who have. The two do not mix well.

I couldn't agree more. Apparently a girl died in a league up here about 5 years ago because they played with a gold dot. She got hit in the head and wound up having a whole bunch of complications and stuff and they changed all leagues to clincher. I hate playing coed because you never know who the girl is. And where she's playing.

Devil Dog

You like soup?

winner.....

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
trolololol

Played in a coed tourney last weekend and the ball was hit to our LF'er, I was playing LC. He picks it up and yells, "WTF this is a girl's ball ump!!"...I had to calm him down a tad and say, "Dude, that was a girl who hit it..." ... "oh...my bad". Awkward.

one time it was so hot i just wanted to be done, we were beating a team but not killing them, and me and the ump forget to swap balls out. i toss this numnuts a 11" cookie and he hits this ENORMOUS moonshot that gets caught in the wind and barely eeks out over a 280 ft fence. he shouted BOOOOOOOM and turned around and pimpwalked to first base. i was like, dude, that was the girl ball that you barely got over the fence. me and the ump had a good laugh.

kobe008

Addicted to Softballfans
Any time a guy makes a play the other team shouts 'LET THE GIRLS PLAY'. Well one game long time ago we had this gal on my own team playing LF and I'm at SS. Base hit to left she fields it and attempts to throw home and I cut the ball off by the infield grass because there is no way we'll get the runner anyway and she yells at me 'LET THE GIRLS PLAY'

squirt

strokin and swingin
Any time a guy makes a play the other team shouts 'LET THE GIRLS PLAY'. Well one game long time ago we had this gal on my own team playing LF and I'm at SS. Base hit to left she fields it and attempts to throw home and I cut the ball off by the infield grass because there is no way we'll get the runner anyway and she yells at me 'LET THE GIRLS PLAY'

Trust me bro - any play a guy makes against a girl in coed is bad, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS... Like I said earlier, there have been girls that have continued running at me even after I have the ball to make the out... I am not a monster, but I am not peewee either, 5'9 215lbs and little barbie dolls try to run me over...:eek:

Gallops

Addicted to Softballfans
Having to forfeit when the girls are no-shows. Just happened.

Happened to me in a league championship. We had to play with 4 girls (one of which was one of the guys wives who didn't play with us all season) and it cost us the championship. That automatic out where the 2 guys bat back to back killed us in the 3rd game of the series.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
Happened to me in a league championship. We had to play with 4 girls (one of which was one of the guys wives who didn't play with us all season) and it cost us the championship. That automatic out where the 2 guys bat back to back killed us in the 3rd game of the series.

when we played with 9 our lineup turned into this every changing nightmare especially when ti came to my buddies grandfather keeping book. we still had to maintain the guy girl type line up.

B1
g1
b2
g2
b3
g3
b4
g4
b5
g1
b1
g2
b2
g3
b3
g4
b4
g1
b5
g2
b1

and so on. would of rather took the out.

Gallops

Addicted to Softballfans
when we played with 9 our lineup turned into this every changing nightmare especially when ti came to my buddies grandfather keeping book. we still had to maintain the guy girl type line up.

B1
g1
b2
g2
b3
g3
b4
g4
b5
g1
b1
g2
b2
g3
b3
g4
b4
g1
b5
g2
b1

and so on. would of rather took the out.

I wish we could have done it that way. I'd rather have had the headache of figuring that out then take the out. If we didn't have to take the out, we win the first 2 games easily. They took the bat out of my best hitters hands 6 times in the second 2 games.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans

If it was USSSA you should have had auto outs in both the 9 and 10 spots in your order since you can never have more men than women in the order. Had to do that to a team earlier this year where 3 girls didn't show because it "looked like it was raining."

Gallops

Addicted to Softballfans
If it was USSSA you should have had auto outs in both the 9 and 10 spots in your order since you can never have more men than women in the order. Had to do that to a team earlier this year where 3 girls didn't show because it "looked like it was raining."

League rule is you can play with 4 girls, but must take an out wherever 2 guys bat back to back. First game I had the out at the bottom of the order, but one of the guys said we should put it behind my leadoff hitter. Was a big mistake.

RedNek

I bat lead off on my co-ed team. I love it when the last hitter is a chick that ALWAYS strikes out. To bring you up to speed, this chick has played with us three times and has bought 3 of the cases she owes. I think she owes 3 more. Anyway, having bases juiced, 2 outs with her coming up and me on deck just pisses me off. I just grab my glove and wait...

OldManThreeNuts

Catching and batting last
Not as bad as some previous posts, but frustrating still. Losing by one in the bottom of the 7th, 1 out, runner on first, and I'm on deck with a homerun to use. Girl in front of me hasn't gotten on all day, so we tell her not to swing no matter what. She takes two pitches (both balls) and swings at ball 3. Bouncer back to the pitcher. 1-6-3 game over.

dschapin

Coach
how about how every year right before the season starts two girls randomly change their mind after confirming they will definitely play and say they arent going to play this year. pretty much destroying the team as there is almost no one here to replace anyone

we have an undefeated team but girls often let grounders go through their legs or just dont even try, over and over this happens. f them