Factory hitters

CL22

Addicted to Softballfans
so honestly its a mix of what everyone here has said..... Jackrook isn't 100% wrong or right.... You do have to swing Demarini exclusively, let people use them, grassroots marketing.... and its not free.
Similar to the Combat Advisory Program, but maybe not $500.... but you get a lot from Combat, not sure about Demarini

the program is a sponsored program again, turns out when people have to pay they dont like it so much????

the program is a grassroots program, but not the same as the DeMarini Grassroots Advocate, that is basically a retail account. (in a nut shell) the FH program is a sponsored program that "pays" you for your time by supplying your gear for the season and bat demo days. FH push sales to retail accounts such as SBF and DGA's (DeMarini Grassroot Advocate) where as the DGA's are set up to sell.

the program has nothing to do with your skill level..... its how you are viewed at the fields and if you can communicate well with players.

as far as what you swing while a FH .... YES you would need to swing what you promote. If i am a player and you tell me how good a bat is and that i should put down my ASA Rd28 because what you are promoting is the BEST BAT EVER MADE then i would expect to see a DeMarini in your hands vs another brand. pretty simple if you ask me

as far as the kissing ass part? well lets be honest its never hurt anyone lol

hope this clears some things up

Chris Larsen (Head Factory Hitter) :cool:

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
the program is a sponsored program again, turns out when people have to pay they dont like it so much????

the program is a grassroots program, but not the same as the DeMarini Grassroots Advocate, that is basically a retail account. (in a nut shell) the FH program is a sponsored program that "pays" you for your time by supplying your gear for the season and bat demo days. FH push sales to retail accounts such as SBF and DGA's (DeMarini Grassroot Advocate) where as the DGA's are set up to sell.

the program has nothing to do with your skill level..... its how you are viewed at the fields and if you can communicate well with players.

as far as what you swing while a FH .... YES you would need to swing what you promote. If i am a player and you tell me how good a bat is and that i should put down my ASA Rd28 because what you are promoting is the BEST BAT EVER MADE then i would expect to see a DeMarini in your hands vs another brand. pretty simple if you ask me

as far as the kissing ass part? well lets be honest its never hurt anyone lol

hope this clears some things up

Chris Larsen (Head Factory Hitter) :cool:

There you go fellas..........

CL22

Addicted to Softballfans
I've put more Demarinis in people's hands then a lot of their factory hitters. People see me hit a bomb, ask what bat it is, then next week they show up with it at the fields.

But lately I've been swinging more Eastons and Mikens because DeMarini has been slacking on their game.

I appreciate when you hit bombs with DeMarini's sir.

I am down with ones thoughts and opinion, but how do you feel we have been slacking on our game? All ways down for getting better.

dish0005

'murica!
I don't recall anything negative being said about having to pay for being a factory hitter, I never had a problem paying for anything..... or having to swing the products that you are promoting.... I"m glad the program is sponsored again, its a great company

CL22

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't recall anything negative being said about having to pay for being a factory hitter, I never had a problem paying for anything..... or having to swing the products that you are promoting.... I"m glad the program is sponsored again, its a great company

i wasnt implying that you said anything bad bud, it was a general statement from seeing how things went over the last year. people are much more into the program when its free. Not saying i blame them but sometimes you have to see who is in it for the brand vs free product ya know.

dish0005

'murica!
i wasnt implying that you said anything bad bud, it was a general statement from seeing how things went over the last year. people are much more into the program when its free. Not saying i blame them but sometimes you have to see who is in it for the brand vs free product ya know.

I think a lot of people have a lot misconceptions about this or any other company related program. It takes time, it takes effort to see results and it does take $. I hope the program takes off and is a great success.

kreationz

Addicted to Softballfans

Hi buddy! Bet your mailbox just blew up! :)

jackrook

Addicted to Softballfans
I appreciate when you hit bombs with DeMarini's sir.

I am down with ones thoughts and opinion, but how do you feel we have been slacking on our game? All ways down for getting better.

Stiff
OG One, utrip one, MLC, One.12, Stadium, Cartel, Sunday Swagger, VX2, Fu Dawg, Stadium 2, Cartel 2, Legend

All stiff bats which are generally the same. Stiff handle, stiff barrel

Flexy
OG Juggy, RD28, J2, J3, RD28, J2, J3, Juice

12-8

Get back to your bead and butter. DeMarini really blew up with its OG flexy bats.

S20

DeMarini Rep
Nothing in this world is free. Being a rep for any bat company is a ton of work. You have to be at the fields constantly promoting your product. My personal opinion is that if you don't believe 100% in the product you're promoting, then you are wasting your time. And you have to understand that it's not what you can get out of the company you are representing, but rather how you can be a benefit to them. It takes a unique individual to put that much time and effort into something just so you can see a guy swinging a bat that you got for him. At least, that's why I do it. Just my .02 cents.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Good to hear its sponsored once again...

It shouldn't matter one way or another... Some people like myself, do this for free... Just because Demarini makes a quality product, and has an excellent customer service behind it.... Why wouldn't I try to represent a a company like that?

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Stiff
OG One, utrip one, MLC, One.12, Stadium, Cartel, Sunday Swagger, VX2, Fu Dawg, Stadium 2, Cartel 2, Legend

Flexy

12-8

Get back to your bead and butter. DeMarini really blew up with its OG flexy bats.

I had a Juice and at first I liked it. After about 50-100 swings I hated it and got rid of it. My cousin got a Juggy OTC. I swung it and liked it just a tad bit better than the juice, but I still really didn't like the bat.

A friend of mine kept telling me to try the cartel and basically said that's ok I will pass. My cousin mentioned something about possibly getting one. Big150man let me borrow his to try out one weekend. First hit I think was out near the endcap and first impression was "something never change", and I put it back in my bag and never touched it the rest of the night. I was suppose to meet up with him monday to get his bat back, he couldn't make it and told me to swing it and put some more hits on it that it needed to be broke in. So Monday at league I swung it hitting the 52/275 balls and liked how it felt. It felt like a mutant and a rocketech (2 of my favorite bats) had angry butt sex and this was the result.

If more bats felt like the og Cartel I would probably start swinging Demarini exclusively. I have noticed that locally when the One came out more people started swinging Demarini. It is still not that popular, but there has only been on person I know who had one of the flexy Demarini's and that was a Juice. Went out of his way to pick up a handful of them so he had backups (paid a pretty good chunk for them too). Once he tried a worth his Demarinis sat in his bag. now I don't even think he carries them any more.

Point is while alot of people like DeMarinis I think going back to a flexy bat may hurt them in the long run because it seems (at least to me) that people like a stiffer bat in the handle.

DemarDaddy

Addicted to Softballfans
All In

people are much more into the program when its free. Not saying i blame them but sometimes you have to see who is in it for the brand vs free product ya know.

My team has a very nice deal with another company that starts with a M, but who rebelled and paid full price to keep swinging my beloved D line..............This guy! I'm outta quite a bit for the Cartel 2, S.One, custom cap, bag and a red Rogue which I hope will help me keep those rockets off my shins after I chuck it up there:D
I was happy to spend every dime because the product is a proven performer period!

Last edited:

Richiebalz

Paypal sent
Stiff

Flexy

12-8

I too would like to see more flexy bats...

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
LMK if this has enough flex for you. I will cut you a good deal on it

th

baller4

The Demar Devil
It shouldn't matter one way or another... Some people like myself, do this for free... Just because Demarini makes a quality product, and has an excellent customer service behind it.... Why wouldn't I try to represent a a company like that?

Exactly. ^^^^^…

jfrench1011

jfrancais/jfrench1011
I think you should have more factory hitters in Canada... might know a guy thats interested

Agreed, in these parts I see very little D product. When you do it is generally something like an F4 in someone's hands. Would love to see some more product floating around the fields. I know I've swung almost every brand and bat available, and in the last few years I've switched exclusively to the D. I don't know if we have any D factory hitters or places to test D product in our half of the country.

CL22

Addicted to Softballfans
Stiff

Flexy

12-8

I dont agree with your break down...... all you did was seperate handle types in my mind.

OG stadium, cartel, cartel 2, legend, stadium 2, Fu Dog, RD28 (utrip).... all stiff handles / soft barrels

One, One.12, MLC, swagger.... all have stiff handles and stiff barrels

Rd28 (asa), J3's, J2's, Juice, OG juggy..... all soft handle/ soft barrel

our current line has more soft/soft (bread and butter) in it.....

Mercy, J3 asa, J3 utrip vs. stadium 2, fu dog (stiff/soft)

it wasnt one bat when we "blew up" it was from our R&D team kicking ass and making sure we had/ have bats for everyone.

jfrench1011

jfrancais/jfrench1011
And don't forget barrel lengths.... That was what brought me initially back to the Demarini product. I wanted a two piece bat with a shorter barrel. Keeping my fingers crossed to see even more of the shorter barrel ones in the future.

I dont agree with your break down...... all you did was seperate handle types in my mind.

OG stadium, cartel, cartel 2, legend, stadium 2, Fu Dog, RD28 (utrip).... all stiff handles / soft barrels

it wasnt one bat when we "blew up" it was from our R&D team kicking ass and making sure we had/ have bats for everyone.

TRaj2327

Stiff

Flexy

12-8

I have to agree with CL22 here on the bat makeups....

After swinging all the new bats side by side last weekend, I feel the only thing missing was the soft/soft bat like the OG Juggy, J2, and the RD. It seems to be the direction of many manufacturers lately to get that stiffer feel. It's also how how DeMarini can draw people to them by putting out a similar product to another manufacturer with that DeMarini flavor.

I don't know that any of the new bats are really on one end of the spectrum or the other, but feel to be more in the middle area, maybe because I was a huge fan of the RD and Legend. The only one I couldn't get used to was the J3U but it seems to be common knowledge that they have a more pronounced endload and take a bit of time to loosen up and break in. It still seemed to be a great performing product, but just didn't fit my hands and swing.

As usual though, DeMarini put out a product that performs. Not everyone is going to like every bat, that is a given, it's about finding the bat that performs best for you. When DeMarini puts out bat after bat after bat that is high performing, the best performing one is going to be the one that swings best for you. Someone else might think the best performing one is something you can't stand. For example, the OG Stadium and OG Cartel, I preferred the light endload and softer barrel of the Stadium, whereas the Cartel is stiffer in the barrel and is more balanced. It's not that the Cartel was a junk bat (because we all know it is not), it's that it just didn't work for me.

Different strokes for different folks...

dish0005

'murica!
So demarinis is lacking a long barreled juggy like bat.
I think a lot of people go to the stealth instead because its got a bigger sweetspot