Factory hitters

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
Yeah mods being crazy a few weeks ago before the new rules I got a infraction for selling a niw vx2u?????? Rules clearly state no sales of "Store" exclusives not "Country" exclusives :confused:
Half them don't know the rules and just start power tripping and throwing infractions at everyone about anything clearly I was right! It's a country exclusive not store but still have the infraction against me and doesn't expire:mad:
Btw how many of these can you get :p

So it was an exclusive, correct?

The rules never said only 'store' or only 'country' exclusives. Just said no exclusives, which seems to fit. I'm pretty sure it was also on the list of exclusives not allowed.

You get 3 points. Some infractions expire, some don't.

Begs

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah mods being crazy a few weeks ago before the new rules I got a infraction for selling a niw vx2u?????? Rules clearly state no sales of "Store" exclusives not "Country" exclusives :confused:
Half them don't know the rules and just start power tripping and throwing infractions at everyone about anything clearly I was right! It's a country exclusive not store but still have the infraction against me and doesn't expire:mad:
Btw how many of these can you get :p

At least they gave you warning!!! I consider that generous of them...I mean, IMO, the rules are pretty well known by now. Esp with the DeMarini Boys...we have been at the forefront of it for quite some time now and everyone still gets all shocked and shaken when someone gets the ban hammer. So i think a strike was QUITE generous.

Stop living in the gray area folks!!

Damo

<font color=#cc3333"> MADE IN CANADA!</font>
So it was an exclusive, correct?

The rules never said only 'store' or only 'country' exclusives. Just said no exclusives, which seems to fit. I'm pretty sure it was also on the list of exclusives not allowed.

You get 3 points. Some infractions expire, some don't.

Says "Store" bud that's all
List was also just updated on the 19th so who knows with that either

Daurbanlegend

BP Legend
It's a simple rule tho... and yes I'm a FH and a good one at that... somebody ask for a bat tell them pm coach for the low down... it's not our job to sell a bat online or on the field for that matter... CL picks his guys and tells us to promote the brand and bring the sales to a local rep or dga in your area... while online I send to coach... not rocket science

a108stiches

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes, really. Just thought the Factory Hitters were suppose to pitch the brand, not sell bats. Instead we see numerous factory hitters selling bats and not pointing them to retailers. So again, what's the 'right thing for the brand'? I understand you want to get the bats into peoples hands but it seems to be at the expense of retailers.

I'm not attacking anyone, just having a conversation. I could be wrong, just seeing a pattern.

The expense of retailers...lol...lol...lol...what a joke. When someone sells the bat at $80-$90 below the MAP...That my friend is what hurts the retailers. I am so glad you brought it up. The local stores are forced to sell bats at MAP and can not lower them...therefore not being able to compete with online sites(not going to mention any). Therefore the local guy can not get his bat at the local store. Now thats how the retailers get hurt....

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
The expense of retailers...lol...lol...lol...what a joke. When someone sells the bat at $80-$90 below the MAP...That my friend is what hurts the retailers. I am so glad you brought it up. The local stores are forced to sell bats at MAP and can not lower them...therefore not being able to compete with online sites(not going to mention any). Therefore the local guy can not get his bat at the local store. Now thats how the retailers get hurt....

Got to agree with this guy. The local retailer is the one who gets screwed out of the equation. My local guy who is 2 miles away from my house can't come anywhere near what SBF sells it for even though he's been around for years and has an account with Demarini.

I'm not a retailer and I'm guilty of looking for the best price. But I'd be shocked if what a couple of factory hitters is affecting SBFs bottom line. Purchasing bats for $150 to $180 and selling at $225 to $240 is going after volume sales and hurting profit margins for everyone.

Consumer has the choice and it's great for us, but let's not pretend like SBF is hurting.

saint

It's a simple rule tho... and yes I'm a FH and a good one at that... somebody ask for a bat tell them pm coach for the low down... it's not our job to sell a bat online or on the field for that matter... CL picks his guys and tells us to promote the brand and bring the sales to a local rep or dga in your area... while online I send to coach... not rocket science

Can't be too simple or they wouldn't break our rules that often. Even with Jerry Garnett telling them to stop, they still continue.

Just seems there is an underlying problem. Being a FH and a member here is like setting a steak in front of my dog, tell her not to eat it, then leaving the room. Most dogs are going to eat that steak as soon as you leave.

From what I see now, all the FH are dealers and can now see why so many Demarini people are getting banned.

saint

Says the guy who's team members sell bats below MAP? Who sets that MAP?

Jallennh

Very First Factory Hitter
It, by all accounts seems to be correct. I never broke the rules, here or Hillsboro, but in the end, I knew guys who sold every bat they got from the DeMo.

a108stiches

Addicted to Softballfans
Can't be too simple or they wouldn't break our rules that often. Even with Jerry Garnett telling them to stop, they still continue.

Just seems there is an underlying problem. Being a FH and a member here is like setting a steak in front of my dog, tell her not to eat it, then leaving the room. Most dogs are going to eat that steak as soon as you leave.

From what I see now, all the FH are dealers and can now see why so many Demarini people are getting banned.

Now, Now....before you throw stones....make sure your house is not glass. I was told that JG told SBF to stop with the whoring of there bats. I could be wrong, but I could also be right.

saint

Now, Now....before you throw stones....make sure your house is not glass. I was told that JG told SBF to stop with the whoring of there bats. I could be wrong, but I could also be right.

I'm not casting stones nor do I live in a glass house. I can only go by what I've seen or heard. http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1223074

Not completely sure what you are trying to say here, but seems you just reiterated what I just said.

saint

I don't like banning folks. I'd like everyone to hang around, but understand some of why SBF does what it does. Just trying to find the underlying problem why so many Demarini people are getting the boot. Don't think I'm just coming here to accuse people or place blame. Just trying to prevent future bannings, ya know?

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
I don't like banning folks. I'd like everyone to hang around, but understand some of why SBF does what it does. Just trying to find the underlying problem why so many Demarini people are getting the boot. Don't think I'm just coming here to accuse people or place blame. Just trying to prevent future bannings, ya know?

My guess is because people actually buy Demarini and not other brands like Combat. :D

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
it's no different for any manufacturer rep on the boards
Vinci
Demarini
Evil
DLAS
Spiderz
Reebok
TPS
Etc

people just get greedy and can't help themselves from coming here and selling through emails texts and pm's

large audience and money to be made.... just seems like the FH's get more attention because there are more of them plus the ones who are self proclaiming themselves as a FH....

but don't forget about the average Joe who has a buddy that has a shop and comes here to unload stock that is hot or not moving in their store...

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Vinci
Demarini
Evil
DLAS
Spiderz
Reebok
TPS
Etc

people just get greedy and can't help themselves from coming here and selling through emails texts and pm's

large audience and money to be made.... just seems like the FH's get more attention because there are more of them plus the ones who are self proclaiming themselves as a FH....

but don't forget about the average Joe who has a buddy that has a shop and comes here to unload stock that is hot or not moving in their store...

my name is Chad, not joe....ijs

saint

I guess the big guys at SBF only tell you what they want you to know...tough being just a do boy.....

Yeap and the big guys at the D only tell you what they want you to know. Funny you take shots at me when we both are in the same situation, do boy. ;)

saint

Vinci
Demarini
Evil
DLAS
Spiderz
Reebok
TPS
Etc

You have a good point GoosePimp. I can see if they make profit from selling product, but I didn't think the factory hitters were reps, so they don't make money from sales. I guess they get kickback from the reps they buy from? Or am I mistaken?

Wolvlt62

Addicted to Softballfans
Just to ask a question.....

How many more bats have a FH helped the store sell through information/hype?

Just a thought. I understand this is paid for by the store, so i respect the rules, but it still is something to think....

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
Just to ask a question.....

How many more bats have a FH helped the store sell through information/hype?

Just a thought. I understand this is paid for by the store, so i respect the rules, but it still is something to think....

hey maybe we can suggest a code for FH's to give out to potential customers that frequent the store that they can enter in the checkout that Coach can track and see just how many referrals come from FH's here....maybe a good option to really see what goes on....nothing of the discount sort...just a way to track activity and business directed to the store by FH's and other reps....i think i am on to something here....:cool:

Wolvlt62

Addicted to Softballfans
hey maybe we can suggest a code for FH's to give out to potential customers that frequent the store that they can enter in the checkout that Coach can track and see just how many referrals come from FH's here....maybe a good option to really see what goes on....nothing of the discount sort...just a way to track activity and business directed to the store by FH's and other reps....i think i am on to something here....:cool:

Whoa now... Just because you're a mod, doesn't mean you can go stealing my ideas...

:cool: