2015 Military Worlds Tourney location proposal!!!

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
I have played on Benning and only recall one good field, the stadium. If that is what everyone is talking about it won't cut it with just one field for men and one field for the women. It is going to be a challenge to find a good solid complex with 8 fields for the right price because like Pony said......it's all about the dollar. Not sure what those turf fields went for in Colorado for the Band Aid but that may be a decent option. Don't think it gets too much more centralized than that.

If they are talking about doing it at South Commons then it is an 8 field complex and a stadium that they could play "A" on. I played there a couple of years ago and it's a nice complex.

http://visitcolumbusga.com/visitors/sports/south_commons_softball_complex

JTF#12

Starting Player
I would still throw out the complex in Aurora. I mean, hell, if they can host a Conference USSSA tourney, why wouldn't it be good for the military circuit? I still think it's time to split the tourney ... I know we're all wanting to get together, but I'll still gripe that the East Coast bubba's don't have to travel as far to play in World's.

We travel all winter long to Vegas, Palm Springs and Las Cruses because its too cold and rainy on the East Coast.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
We travel all winter long to Vegas, Palm Springs and Las Cruses because its too cold and rainy on the East Coast.

Nice... I'm assuming by Las Cruces you are talking the Whole Enchilada. I'm glad to see ONE team making an effort.

PONY

Addicted to Softballfans
Correct! The park is South Commons, it was built for the Olympics when they were in Atlanta. Great park with a Stadium for Varsity A & the Homerun Derby. Plenty of hotels and the city of Columbus rolls out the red carpet.

The BSC has it's world tournament there every year and they have about 130 teams.

We should hear the official word within a week fellas!

If they are talking about doing it at South Commons then it is an 8 field complex and a stadium that they could play "A" on. I played there a couple of years ago and it's a nice complex.

http://visitcolumbusga.com/visitors/sports/south_commons_softball_complex

curse21

Addicted to Softballfans
what about the rest of the tournament??? I mean Varsity A is like 12 teams what about the other 90 teams that play military worlds????

JTF#12

Starting Player
they will play on the other 8 fields in the complex, there is more than enough room for Mil worlds there

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
Correct! The park is South Commons, it was built for the Olympics when they were in Atlanta. Great park with a Stadium for Varsity A & the Homerun Derby. Plenty of hotels and the city of Columbus rolls out the red carpet.

The BSC has it's world tournament there every year and they have about 130 teams.

We should hear the official word within a week fellas!

So is it safe to say that it will NOT be in San Diego next year? Just need to know if I should save up for a plane ticket or a blinged out pair of walking shoes.

PONY

Addicted to Softballfans
LOL...my dude!! What's good my Cali brutha? Are yall heading to T4T?

So is it safe to say that it will NOT be in San Diego next year? Just need to know if I should save up for a plane ticket or a blinged out pair of walking shoes.

ssnrider

Addicted to Softballfans
12 Teams listed so far for AWS Military Worlds in Vegas. Should be a good tourney again this year.

JTF#12

Starting Player
All good here my friend, just enjoying the beautiful weather. Yes we will be at T4T, heard you guys are coming out?

A few us us are coming split between 2 teams, Markey , Dex and I will be on L&L and Trenton and Travis will be on a team from Colorado

Chode

Da Chode

Attaboy Billy... don't give up! USSSA might slip up and award Mil Worlds to San Diego... an then mistakingly the tournament would take place in San Diego, Texas! :)

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
Attaboy Billy... don't give up! USSSA might slip up and award Mil Worlds to San Diego... an then mistakingly the tournament would take place in San Diego, Texas! :)

What's up Kirk? Heard you have been U/W non stop. You making the trip to PS this year?

Last edited:

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is the list of teams so far for AWS Las Vegas Military Worlds:

1. Naval Base Kitsap - NBK Keyport WA
2. Wounded Warrior Athletics (A) - Las Vegas NV
3. Mil-Spec / Bad Seed - San Diego CA
4. Beale AFB Beale - AFB CA
5. AFIs/Nellis Gold - Las Vegas NV
6. Gov't Issue/Adiktiv Sports - San Diego CA
7. Aftershock Travis - AFB CA
8. JTF BLOODLINE - Phoenix AZ
9. Outlawz - Albuquerque NM
10. Michigan Made Military - Troy MI
11. Desert Dawgz - Tucson AZ
12. Edwards AFB - Edwards CA
13 Fort Irwin

Hondell

ssnrider

Addicted to Softballfans
Updated list for AWS Military Worlds:

13 Fort Irwin
14. No Skillz - Cannon AFB NM

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
Updated list for AWS Military Worlds:

13 Fort Irwin

Will, the first team on that list looks familiar!!!!! :biggthumpup:

Chode

Da Chode
What's up Kirk? Heard you have been U/W non stop. You making the trip to PS this year?

Was gone about 2.5 months for that RIMPAC thingy. Not going to T4T this year. Will be at AWS in Vegas weekend prior. Will see you guys there. Looking fwd to a good weekend of balling in Vegas.

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
Updated list for AWS Military Worlds: 15 teams now with Thursday being the deadline.

13 Fort Irwin
15. Swing Kingz - Williamsburg VA

Hondell

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Cant wait to be there. and 15 teams is not bad. How many did we have last year, cant remember the number

ssnrider

Addicted to Softballfans
12 Teams last year (2 A Teams & 10 B Teams) Not sure who is playing at what level this year. GI, NBK, Wounded Warrior Athletics playing A.