2015 Military Worlds Tourney location proposal!!!

JTF#12

Starting Player
Yea it's looking like we aren't gonna get any help from the base

For example in "A" you have Sepmer/Demarini, Scrapaltors/Worth, JTF/Louisville, Goverment Issue, WDMS/Bragg, All American Bombers, Doc's, all of which have no base affilitation except Bragg.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
So has the location been decided or are they still taking recommendations? I know this location is still pretty close to the home of the Band-Aid, but why not Aurora Sports Complex near Denver, CO.

http://www.ballgamefinder.com/locations/id/330/field/Aurora-Sports-Park-Aurora-CO.html

https://www.auroragov.org/ThingsToDo/ParksandOpenSpaces/AuroraSportsPark/index.htm

Lots of stuff to do in Denver around that timeframe... Denver Broncos spring training, Colorado Rockies baseball, Elitches Gardens, lakes/fishing, 16th st mall, etc. etc. etc. Plenty of established support mechanisms in that area (i.e. restaurants, hotels, etc.)

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Shelland, the votes are already in and they only gave us a few selections on probably locations for new years worlds (5 total, 4 east coast and 1 in Texas I believe). and from what I'm hearing Euless was the front runner but I just don't see how they are going to accommodate for all those teams playing on just 4 fields. my first vote was Euless but when I noticed it was 4 fields its just doesn't make sense holding a world tournament there. So I went with Myrtle Beach complex. But we will know soon enough on location for next year so we can prepare.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
Shelland, the votes are already in and they only gave us a few selections on probably locations for new years worlds (5 total, 4 east coast and 1 in Texas I believe). and from what I'm hearing Euless was the front runner but I just don't see how they are going to accommodate for all those teams playing on just 4 fields. my first vote was Euless but when I noticed it was 4 fields its just doesn't make sense holding a world tournament there. So I went with Myrtle Beach complex. But we will know soon enough on location for next year so we can prepare.

What a bummer... SC has 7 fields with no score boards. SMH. Nice turf though...

JBT2020

The Veteran
They have tiny score boards, but I haven't played in a tournament where they actually turned them on. I know most of my team that im putting together wants to go to PCB

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Hoodles, AZ will be great even though I don't live there. they have some great complexes that can hold that many teams. BLD/pioneer park, victory lanes. NM where I stay at, I would say where they held the whole enchilada. Countless fields. The enchilada had over 300 teams total playing and no hiccups from what I heard. Just not the greatest area.

JBT I'm wondering that too when it comes to the verdict. Whats the timeframe for finalization so teams can prepare.

PONY

Addicted to Softballfans
It will probably be announced at the USSSA National Convention next month!!

Here's a hint: Plan to travel to Columbus, GA fellas!! Fly into Atlanta and make the 45 minute / hour drive over to Columbus. Home of Ft. Benning. Great complex there.

So when are we to expect a final verdict on where its going to be?

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Pony that wasn't even one of the selections if I recall. I heard it was a great complex as well. Did this location get put in last minute and do you have an inside scoop. you sound mighty confident that its in GA

PONY

Addicted to Softballfans
I know brutha! Money...Money...Money, that's what USSSA is all about. I've received some pretty good intel that the city of Columbus made an unbeatable deal to USSSA Military Program. We will find out shortly.

Pony that wasn't even one of the selections if I recall. I heard it was a great complex as well. Did this location get put in last minute and do you have an inside scoop. you sound mighty confident that its in GA

JTF#12

Starting Player
dude by far one of the best tournaments i've ever been to. Ball freaking flies in that tourney. We ended our run last year with a 420' out on the open fields. Freaking E.

Looking forward too it

Will, it is a great tourney! Hoping I can get on a team to make it out before I head to the east coast......

Let me know in a few weeks if you find a team, and where on the East Coast you moving?

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
2015 worlds location

I have played on Benning and only recall one good field, the stadium. If that is what everyone is talking about it won't cut it with just one field for men and one field for the women. It is going to be a challenge to find a good solid complex with 8 fields for the right price because like Pony said......it's all about the dollar. Not sure what those turf fields went for in Colorado for the Band Aid but that may be a decent option. Don't think it gets too much more centralized than that.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
I have played on Benning and only recall one good field, the stadium. If that is what everyone is talking about it won't cut it with just one field for men and one field for the women. It is going to be a challenge to find a good solid complex with 8 fields for the right price because like Pony said......it's all about the dollar. Not sure what those turf fields went for in Colorado for the Band Aid but that may be a decent option. Don't think it gets too much more centralized than that.

I would still throw out the complex in Aurora. I mean, hell, if they can host a Conference USSSA tourney, why wouldn't it be good for the military circuit? I still think it's time to split the tourney ... I know we're all wanting to get together, but I'll still gripe that the East Coast bubba's don't have to travel as far to play in World's.