Secret Santa 2014 What did you get thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pdpwally

Coach
does the gift meet the minimum value? then it within the rules. complaining about getting a bat is is pretty ****ed up

Hey dummy u chose not to do this so why even comment? I guess I'm just disappointed that I gave actual effort in gift what my SS wanted and didn't just grab my most beat up bat out of my bag in the wrong weight and ship it out w/o giving a **** to anything my SS even wanted... I'll just clean the bat up and as long as it's not cracked I'll regrip it and sell it to buy some stuff that I asked for.

mihklo

I guess you haven't been around long enough to know that there are plenty of people who don't give a **** about putting thought into the gifts. They get in hoping they get hooked up.

egibree

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey dummy u chose not to do this so why even comment? I guess I'm just disappointed that I gave actual effort in gift what my SS wanted and didn't just grab my most beat up bat out of my bag in the wrong weight and ship it out w/o giving a **** to anything my SS even wanted... I'll just clean the bat up and as long as it's not cracked I'll regrip it and sell it to buy some stuff that I asked for.

I can understand this.... It sucks when guys just go through the motions.... I've been lucky enough to get awsome people every year but one.....there is a reason we have wish lists and we fill out the info for sonic in the email........

stillballin

The Veteran
I've seen the bat and its def beat up.

I would like to see pics..

I can see how it would be disappointing to receive something you feel is not up to par.. it is kind of like how people pick up great deals and try to flip for a profit only.. in a way taking advantage of what this forum is about.. signing up to get hooked up on the ss is not what this is about.. I only hope the bat is in not too bad shape so you can salvage a decent trade or use.. the sad truth is that it probably does meet the 50 dollar minimum and it is what it is.. I did follow the hints thread and you seemed to be very excited about being involved in this and for that sorry for your disappointment..

Pdpwally

Coach
I deff wasn't in the SS to take advantage... I got 2 of the big 3 things my guy hinted at and needed and also threw in a couple more things. I in no way sent the min in hopes of getting hooked up. I'm on my way home so I'll clean the bat up, regrip it and move it along. In the email and in the hint thread I posted that if I was lucky enough to get a bat I swing 26 and the bat is a 27 which also just makes me feel like no real effort was even given. No one who participated should hope to salvage a trade from a half hearted SS attempt.

Joker

i didn't get into it this year for this very reason. people bitching when they don't get something they want instead of just being grateful that they got something at all. if you got something that meets the minimum value, say thank you and do what you will with it or pout about it in private. oh you got a bat but its a 27 not a 26, boo ****ing hoo. some people end up getting nothing or a bucket with a dead ladybug in it

Calli4120

ASA Free Since 05
If you have any questions on the SS Gift Exchange please use this thread.

Q. Can I send used items to count as my $50 minimum?
A. Used bats depending on condition may be OK, however any other used apparel or items are not allowed to be sent as part of the $50 minimum.

I guess my question on this is, where is the condition line drawn for a used bat being considered "OK"

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Santa gives tons of gifts and only gets cookies in return and he is happy.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
I'm done arguing... Mark me as received.

You sure seem to want to argue though. Very early on in this thread you called out what someone else sent and said that his gift to someone else was on sale so he should have given more... That doens't seem to be someone who doesn't want to argue.

I applaud you for going above and beyond with what you sent as that is the true spirit of the SS and as some people have brought up not everyone puts in that same effort.

You got a bat, granted it is used but that is better than some gifts and lets be honest we are all softball *****s or else we wouldn't be on this site. You should be excited to get the chance to swing a bat for free and if you don't like it trade it or sell it. Hell, its much more than the minimum unless it's cracked or broken. If you don't like it I will send you the money to cover the shipping and the minimum of the SS and you can go buy something you want.

Unfortunately, not getting everything you and others hinted at in your threads is a reality that happens. I used to give out multiple Vinci gloves every year and had some people never even bother to thank me.

ar2x7

Substance & Style
ra50t0.jpg

My Santa hooked me up AND is a sneaky bastage lol, not only were we working on a bat same just before SS started and never let on, but also had a freak 52 (my preferred bat company) in a Louisville Slugger box lol

My 2 year old also watched me open one of the boxes, saw the stuffed toys and said "Santa sent you my toys!!" Lol

Thank you again to DoubleOhWho, hope you had a great holiday bro!

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
You sure seem to want to argue though. Very early on in this thread you called out what someone else sent and said that his gift to someone else was on sale so he should have given more... That doens't seem to be someone who doesn't want to argue.

I applaud you for going above and beyond with what you sent as that is the true spirit of the SS and as some people have brought up not everyone puts in that same effort.

You got a bat, granted it is used but that is better than some gifts and lets be honest we are all softball *****s or else we wouldn't be on this site. You should be excited to get the chance to swing a bat for free and if you don't like it trade it or sell it. Hell, its much more than the minimum unless it's cracked or broken. If you don't like it I will send you the money to cover the shipping and the minimum of the SS and you can go buy something you want.

Unfortunately, not getting everything you and others hinted at in your threads is a reality that happens. I used to give out multiple Vinci gloves every year and had some people never even bother to thank me.

Preach it Brother

blackbeasst

Addicted to Softballfans
does the gift meet the minimum value? then it within the rules. complaining about getting a bat is is pretty ****ed up

so i can send someone $50 worth of **** stained underwear and it's ok since its within the minimum value?

Calli4120

ASA Free Since 05
so i can send someone $50 worth of **** stained underwear and it's ok since its within the minimum value?

A. Used bats depending on condition may be OK, however any other used apparel or items are not allowed to be sent as part of the $50 minimum.

**** Stained underware would be considered used apparel and not allowed as part of the $50 minimun.

If this was a lounge secret santa gift it would be accecptable though.

Joker

it was answered you retard

49erhawk

Addicted to Softballfans
ss

just got hooked up even more my SS just said he is sending out tix for family and i to go see a warriors game thanks again Mark

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Big thanks to halter91!! He hooked me up with a pair of Puma Faas Lite golf shoes, black and lime green and a case of ProV1X golf balls. Was a hectic Christmas for me having my three daughters and vacationing so sorry for the late response. I'll try and post some pics later if I can remember how. It's been awhile. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.