2015 ASA Men's Slowpitch Class D Northern National Tournament

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Did a team drop out from game 41? Noticed on the ASA bracket RDO is scheduled to play nobody at 5:45, so they got a nice draw lol.

Also just noticed there is a good chance if you lose your 2nd/3rd game in the winners, you could be playing the same team that knocked you into the loser's 2 games later. Just sucks when 2 good teams play each other early (If Leth's and MHH play each other Sat afternoon, they could be playing again vs each other again at 10:45 that night). I can't imagine trying to draw up a 76 game 3GG so not really a critique at all, just an observation.

Wolves- you are missing the team which is understandable as it is tough to read because of all the teams. RDO plays Dream Team (which is KCs Estus Dignus from Jamestown, ND). It is hard to tell but Johnson Hardwood and Dream Team are two different teams.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
wolves12, there always has to be someone that's upset. We are all so sorry that you're planning on losing your 2nd/3rd game and already know that you're going to lose to them again. If things are so bad, why don't you bid for a national tournament and run it yourself. Gullie and the crew are too nice to say it, so I'll say it for them; if all you're going to do is whine, just stay home. You're welcome Gullie.

Last edited:

kf16

Addicted to Softballfans
Amish much appreciated and I know the people working will appreciate hearing that from you when you get to town. I will be working when our team isn't playing so hope to meet you. However, please do not give BigCat any credit at all for my own sake. 1- He is a participant in the tourney not working (unless he does offer up to volunteer like so many should hint hint KF16 & Wibstad) 2- More importantly- it will go to his head and we have a hard enough time keeping him quiet.

Can't promise I can make it to the fields this weekend.

Wibstad is out of town.

wibstad5406

Addicted to Softballfans
Amish much appreciated and I know the people working will appreciate hearing that from you when you get to town. I will be working when our team isn't playing so hope to meet you. However, please do not give BigCat any credit at all for my own sake. 1- He is a participant in the tourney not working (unless he does offer up to volunteer like so many should hint hint KF16 & Wibstad) 2- More importantly- it will go to his head and we have a hard enough time keeping him quiet.

i already told sam i would if i was not going to be out of town i would work it also it sucks i will be out of town to miss this whole thing but the wife yanked the chain.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
wolves12, there always has to be someone that's upset. We are all so sorry that you're planning on losing your 2nd/3rd game and already know that you're going to lose to them again. If things are so bad, why don't you bid for a national tournament and run it yourself. Gullie and the crew are too nice to say it, so I'll say it for them; if all you're going to do is whine, just stay home. You're welcome Gullie.

NDsoftballstar- Why don't you go sit in the corner, face the wall and let the big kids talk since yet again you are clueless.

Wolves nothing wrong with the observation at all, like you said it is tough with 76 teams and it being a 3 game guarantee. ASA wasn't really prepared for a tournament of this size as when they went to the regional National's this may be the largest and now that it is a 3 game guarantee is just another wrench in it. I don't see it is whining by you just asking a question/pointing something out. My best advice to any team don't worry about anything except for playing within the rules and win your game no matter who is in front of you. It shouldn't matter than the setup or game times.

NDsoftballstar- Why don't you go sit in the corner, face the wall and let the big kids talk since yet again you are clueless.

Wolves nothing wrong with the observation at all, like you said it is tough with 76 teams and it being a 3 game guarantee. ASA wasn't really prepared for a tournament of this size as when they went to the regional National's this may be the largest and now that it is a 3 game guarantee is just another wrench in it. I don't see it is whining by you just asking a question/pointing something out. My best advice to any team don't worry about anything except for playing within the rules and win your game no matter who is in front of you. It shouldn't matter than the setup or game times.

Well said Gullie,

Gullie can you make sure you have the red carpet out for us along with a beer at Comfort inn around 2 am when we get there. lol :p

Mags3

Addicted to Softballfans
Well said Gullie,

Gullie can you make sure you have the red carpet out for us along with a beer at Comfort inn around 2 am when we get there. lol :p

Comfort Inn... Now I know where to scope out the competition.... LOL

See you on the field at 2:00.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
ASA wasn't really prepared for a tournament of this size as when they went to the regional National's this may be the largest and now that it is a 3 game guarantee is just another wrench in it.

So does this do anything good for ND softball? Hosting a giant regional National tournament? Maybe better chances at getting another one?

wolves12

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the reply Gullie, can't start to imagine how much work you guys put into it, its all appreciated. Any plans to change it to a straight double elim if weather doesn't cooperate?

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the reply Gullie, can't start to imagine how much work you guys put into it, its all appreciated. Any plans to change it to a straight double elim if weather doesn't cooperate?

I don't believe we can change the format of the tournament after the fact so going from 3 game guarantee to 2 is probably not possible.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
WOW! First of all, mild wings are for old people and children, secondly they should be eaten with bleu cheese not ranch. I'm getting really tired of these attacks on Gullie, he's clearly doing the best he can with limited resources. Demanding the format be changed after they've set it up is out of line. I have your back gullie.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
I'd also like to address the fact that a lot of insults are being thrown my way. I truly just want a great tournament experience for everyone. These boards should be used to make announcements, keep in touch with friends and maybe even a little trash talk. It would be better if we could leave the insults out.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Either you're a terrible troll or you're insane. I'm not sure which one yet, but I've narrowed it to those two likely possibilities.