I'm starting to wonder about Monsta customer service

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Trying to figure out if Monsta supporters are dumb or full of ****?

Also that was nice of Carl to "recant" on turning people in at PayPal. Lol

sleepin4matty

Management Material
More talking in circles!! Now it's on prices.
The damn bats that people are buying from Monsta are:

209.99 + 16.80 = 226.79
Warranty = 129.00

Price: $355.79

Now carry on about comparing to a DM with a warranty.

oh sorry, didn't do all the math. if I can still sell a bat for the same price I paid, 2 years after the fact then that tells me it's worth some good money. I'm not trying to defend Carl at all cuz his business sense sucks but he makes a damn good product

RustyShakleford

NIW Freak12 at release - $225 to $180-190 when MSRP got lifted

NIW Freak12 now - $250+ seen them as high as $300

This game can be played all day. Resale value of bat tells no one anything about the company that makes them. Not sure why it is even being mentioned.

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
Mac computers have high resale value, but I don't purchase a computer for what has a high resale value. I buy what works for me, and that's not some crappy overpriced Mac.

Support your brand, whatever, just don't try converting me. It's also how I view the gays as well.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
NIW Freak12 at release - $225 to $180-190 when MSRP got lifted

NIW Freak12 now - $250+ seen them as high as $300

This game can be played all day. Resale value of bat tells no one anything about the company that makes them. Not sure why it is even being mentioned.

It tells me everything about the quality of that particular bat. If I want to hit with an awesome bat for ASA it's Monsta, for Utrip it's Miken/Worth

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
It tells me everything about the quality of that particular bat. If I want to hit with an awesome bat for ASA it's Monsta, for Utrip it's Miken/Worth

So Eastons have been the best bats for the past 10 years? They come out at full retail, drop to about half, then they go for 400 and up NIW years later. That's been the cycle with almost all Eastons and the OG Freak since 2004.

Resale value has always been about popularity and demand more than performance or quality. The newer Mikens and Worths were just bashed for failing compression early, but their used resale value is high. Does that make any sense? Is there even a 50% chance the bat you're buying will still pass compression? For the guys that don't play with testing, I think that's part of the draw.

pirates33

Addicted to Softballfans

No it doesn't, voltages got to an insane price, but they would break easy. Resale price and quality do not go together

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
I'll explain the high resale value for Monsta bats. I was willing to buy a new monsta bat at $226.79. He has zero bats in stock.. None.. Ziltch .. Nada ... Nothing. I wanted one yesterday. Not next month with a chance of next Christmas. He sold 5 bats last month with the demand being 7. Is lack of business sense with the buzz around his bats has created a high resale market for his bats. Therefor I lost because I paid $250 for a used bat.. And Carl lost because he didn't sell a new bat to me at a $100 profit.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
No it doesn't, voltages got to an insane price, but they would break easy. Resale price and quality do not go together

by quality I'm referring to that particular bat's "hotness". Either way, there are many DNAs out there with thousands of hits on them still selling for $200+ with no warranty because it's a good/great bat for ASA ball.

I'm tired of seeing people say that these bats suck but their actual complaint is with Carl or some business complaint. They are separate things.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
^^ You forgot sales tax

by quality I'm referring to that particular bat's "hotness". Either way, there are many DNAs out there with thousands of hits on them still selling for $200+ with no warranty because it's a good/great bat for ASA ball.

I'm tired of seeing people say that these bats suck but their actual complaint is with Carl or some business complaint. They are separate things.

How much would a DM, or miken bat cost secondhand if you went to their sites and everything worth a **** was out of stock?

pirates33

Addicted to Softballfans
When is the USA vs. Canada ASA game? He's gotta have at least 1 bat ready for that game

No he doesn't, the big name guys usually swing their regular bat in these games. The border battle limited edition bats are for us schlubs to buy. A quick google search and I didn't see anyone swinging the border battle bats while wearing a USA jersey

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
I think my point was lost in translation. People wouldn't be buying Monsta bats used for $250 if they could simply buy one from Monsta direct. It's supply and demand. There is a demand for his bats, and no supply. Unrelated to the arguments comparing DM, and miken.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I think my point was lost in translation. People wouldn't be buying Monsta bats used for $250 if they could simply buy one from Monsta direct. It's supply and demand. There is a demand for his bats, and no supply. Unrelated to the arguments comparing DM, and miken.

There's a demand for his bats because it's a good product, unrelated to feelings about Carl or his business practices. That's the point I'm trying to make

sleepin4matty

Management Material
whats a '13 Aftermath go for these days?

No idea. The one I have is staying in my bag until my wife somehow breaks it. you guys are all naming excellent bats with good resale value but I still think the DNA and Bombardier are better bats. I'm waiting on my torch to arrive tomorrow so I can make a complete judgment but Monsta still makes the best bats for ASA regardless of how Carl conducts himself.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
No idea. The one I have is staying in my bag until my wife somehow breaks it. you guys are all naming excellent bats with good resale value but I still think the DNA and Bombardier are better bats. I'm waiting on my torch to arrive tomorrow so I can make a complete judgment but Monsta still makes the best bats for ASA regardless of how Carl conducts himself.

Those Albins had excellent resale value. Andersons too. :D

Only TW said their bats suck. He mostly said they feel cheap, which they might for all I know. I don't know if I've ever seven seen one in person. Their first bat sounded like ****. You cannot deny that.

When playing with a ball adopted to make the variances in bats less important, I won't be paying 250 used for any bat. I don't care if it is covered in deer antler velvet. Well, maybe then, but nothing else.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Jbo911 -

"When playing with a ball adopted to make the variances in bats less important, I won't be paying 250 used for any bat. I don't care if it is covered in deer antler velvet. Well, maybe then, but nothing else"

That's a valid point. I bought the DNA for $250 used. But I didn't wait for 6 weeks and pay $227 for a new torch or bomb. Funny thing is I've seen many recently sell for $300 in the same condition. Seems crazy when you can buy a good new bat with a warranty for under $200 from pretty much every company.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
I buy my bats (except my Torch) from a friend. Rather give him the $$$. Then the big guys.

PM a mod. LOL I have pm'd a couple of them and heard nothing back going 4 and 6 months now.

This is a lie.... You have not tried to contact more than 1 MOD in the last 4-6 months....

The only issue is whether it is a true "no questions asked, one time return with no time limit". What if your bat breaks super early while following their temp and ball recommendations? Will Carl deny you your return because he says that there's no way that the bat would break that early under normal conditions? He is very quick to say that "it's a composite bat. Anything can happen," when people post paint or composite cracks in under 100 hits.

I have personally seen Carl call people out on FB when their bats broke early and his immediate knee jerk response is always "You hit the wrong balls with it"

biggm28

Manager
Those Albins had excellent resale value. Andersons too. :D

Only TW said their bats suck. He mostly said they feel cheap, which they might for all I know. I don't know if I've ever seven seen one in person. Their first bat sounded like ****. You cannot deny that.

When playing with a ball adopted to make the variances in bats less important, I won't be paying 250 used for any bat. I don't care if it is covered in deer antler velvet. Well, maybe then, but nothing else.

I'd gladly meet up with you as long as you came in with an open mind. Ill bring the beer antler..