I'm starting to wonder about Monsta customer service

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I bought two blems on Friday. Confirmed that the purchase went through yesterday. I haven't had any problems with their CS but I also haven't had to call and ask anything or complain about anything.

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
Nonetheless, nobody else is doing 5-month (or 1-year) preorders and funding their latest project through for a bat that hasn't even been designed yet. Get the bat passed and then take your preorders for your fan-boy-can't-hit-it-out-of-the-infield-bat. I'll say it again, nobody is funding their project through a preorder on that same bat. It's long been completed by that point and is in the final phases of production, or in other words, assembly/shipping/etc.

This is funny ^^^^^

Apparently its wrong to help fund monsta's future but its okay as long as you order from Demarini, LS, Worth, or Miken.

I pay $$$ for a product, i could care less what they do with the money they make. Unless they are buying 8 bricks of Heroin from Democrats...........

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
This is funny ^^^^^

Apparently its wrong to help fund monsta's future but its okay as long as you order from Demarini, LS, Worth, or Miken.

I pay $$$ for a product, i could care less what they do with the money they make. Unless they are buying 8 bricks of Heroin from Democrats...........

I don't care what these companies do with the money either, but I think the point that's trying to be made regarding the preorders is the way Monsta does it and the delays that end up happening. I don't own one, probably never will, but some people care about CS, some don't. Some people care if their preorders ship on time, some don't. Do what you want with your money. Some of us buy NIW bats and if we don't like them, hook a brother up here on the boards. Others snatch up good deals on used bats. To each his own. This whole bat thing is an arms race, and it's not like these companies aren't buying each others bats, cutting them apart and figuring out how they're doing it. Yeah, they're protected by patents and whatnot, but they'll figure out how to incorporate that tech into their bats. With the standards, they can only perform to a certain level, so to us, it ends up being whatever bat works best for that particular person.

I don't like tomatoes, but I'm not going to try and convince every person on here that they shouldn't like tomatoes either just because I don't.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
"The bomb and Torch sold out" yeah and they don't sell the DNA anymore.

So I stand correct.. They have "nothing" worth buying in stock. They pretty much only make 2 bats people want... Only Asa.

lots of talking in circles.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
It's not like tomatoes or not. It's like thinking about trying Monsta instead of miken, or DM. Only one company don't return phone calls, FB messages, or deliver bats on time. Then you have three people posting excuses.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
It's not like tomatoes or not. It's like thinking about trying Monsta instead of miken, or DM. Only one company don't return phone calls, FB messages, or deliver bats on time. Then you have three people posting excuses.

You shouldn't have to stalk a company to try their product. I did this even with warnings from guys I trust because I heard the bats are that good. No biggie. They didn't get my money, and I bought one secondhand from a softballfan bro.
Call me hard headed. Was determined to give one a try. If it's nothing special it will be my last experience with the brand. If they are the "goods".. I'll buy them here.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heard the 5-7 number from the rep buddy of mine in IL. Passing the testing process and gaining certification are two different processes. Passing at 97.8 doesn't give you a green light. That's just a fact. Carl posted screenshots of the ASA testing passing info in his cult group multiple times, so there's no denying this.

The second portion is that the other brands want D and M looked at closer because you absolutely need an inner barrel device to get the most out of the soft .52's. As crooked as the W/M brand is with USSSA is, you'd be dumb to think they don't have a say in ASA.

You're missing the point. You're sharing hearsay, opinion, and theory like it's fact. Passing a test is not being cert. If carl didn't understand that that explains a lot.

Lots of companies have inner tech, and it's pure marketing and salesmanship to say that inner barrel tech is the best for 52s.

MAB

The Rookie
How do we know for a fact that Monsta is solely using preorder money to fund their next project? Does anyone have any proof? Could their delays be happening because Miken is produced in the same facility as Monsta? I'm sure that we could all agree with the possibility of Miken bats taking priority over Monsta in that facility.

If it's solely a marketing ploy to say that inner barrel tech is best for the .52's, why are so many other companies doing it all of a sudden?

I understand that the CS aspect is what can bring in/turn away customers, but I don't feel as if one can honestly say that their bats are bad for everyone. They may not be for you, but there's no denying the fact that they're consistently coming out of ASA cert at 97.5+ mph. Is that bat's performance worth paying the same price for a NIW M/E/W/D/LS bat with a warranty as you would an NR Monsta? Varies person to person.

I'm all for discussing these things but I see no point in being blatantly biased, and not everyone in here is.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
just the fact that they offer a lifetime warranty is worth way more than any other company IMO. I'm never going to break a bat in one year, I don't BP enough to get there. I've had 2 cracked OG Avarices for almost 2 years and they haven't gotten worse, I've broken maybe 2 bats in my life. I can't see breaking any of the newer Eastons within a year and the Demarini bats are good but again, I'm probably not going to be breaking those within a year either. I play only ASA with an occasional utrip tourney so it's Monsta for ASA and the Avarices for those utrip tourneys. the Monsta bats flat out perform better than any other company for ASA....

MAB

The Rookie
The only issue is whether it is a true "no questions asked, one time return with no time limit". What if your bat breaks super early while following their temp and ball recommendations? Will Carl deny you your return because he says that there's no way that the bat would break that early under normal conditions? He is very quick to say that "it's a composite bat. Anything can happen," when people post paint or composite cracks in under 100 hits.

MAB

The Rookie
Yeah, he is. Do you want me to go back and copy his post where he warns everyone that he is going to report Monsta bat raffles to Paypal?

Carl recanted that statement nearly 5 days after he said he was reporting Monsta raffles to PayPal. He will not be reporting Monsta raffles

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Monsta is not a well ran company. Carl either does not have much business sense or he's just an idiot with a little man complex. I'm going with both. His bat reps are all D players who want to be Dacko's fluffer.

matt6195

Manager
The only issue is whether it is a true "no questions asked, one time return with no time limit". What if your bat breaks super early while following their temp and ball recommendations? Will Carl deny you your return because he says that there's no way that the bat would break that early under normal conditions? He is very quick to say that "it's a composite bat. Anything can happen," when people post paint or composite cracks in under 100 hits.

It's true it's a composite bat anything can happen. I haven't seen a person yet post anywhere they were denied warranty. You have guys breaking 2013 bats and getting 2015 or 2016 new bats in return. Main reason I bought the Torch is I'll use it for a couple years and see what comes out or it helps with resale value if I don't want another Monsta bat.

IE my J3A cracking in 25 swings. Demarini gave me a j4 in exchange.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do we know for a fact that Monsta is solely using preorder money to fund their next project? Does anyone have any proof? Could their delays be happening because Miken is produced in the same facility as Monsta? I'm sure that we could all agree with the possibility of Miken bats taking priority over Monsta in that facility.

If it's solely a marketing ploy to say that inner barrel tech is best for the .52's, why are so many other companies doing it all of a sudden?

I understand that the CS aspect is what can bring in/turn away customers, but I don't feel as if one can honestly say that their bats are bad for everyone. They may not be for you, but there's no denying the fact that they're consistently coming out of ASA cert at 97.5+ mph. Is that bat's performance worth paying the same price for a NIW M/E/W/D/LS bat with a warranty as you would an NR Monsta? Varies person to person.

I'm all for discussing these things but I see no point in being blatantly biased, and not everyone in here is.
Probably for the same reason other companies were doing it before monsta, but i can't speak for anyone but me.

I doubt the 97.5 as well.

matt6195

Manager
"The bomb and Torch sold out" yeah and they don't sell the DNA anymore.

So I stand correct.. They have "nothing" worth buying in stock. They pretty much only make 2 bats people want... Only Asa.

lots of talking in circles.

They still sell NSA bats and paid the renewal for Certs for NSA and will be coming with another dual stamp bat.

I agree it's a crap shoot, that's why I order my bat in November because I didn't want my bat in July when leagues are half over. All though the DNA orders came much quicker after the first batch. My buddy ordered his in June and it came in July.

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
2015 Monsta DNA- Purchase price $200.
2015 USA Aftermath- Purchase price $220-299.

2015 Monsta DNA re-sell price with 100-500 swings in 2016- $220
2015 USA aftermath re-sell price in 2016- $125.00

Im not saying, im just saying. Sometimes Customer service takes a backseat bros.

SBG SHREK

Coach
2015 Monsta DNA- Purchase price $200.
2015 USA Aftermath- Purchase price $220-299.

2015 Monsta DNA re-sell price with 100-500 swings in 2016- $220
2015 USA aftermath re-sell price in 2016- $125.00

Im not saying, im just saying. Sometimes Customer service takes a backseat bros.

More like...
2015 USA AM with warranty $170

Resale
2016 USA AM warranty return $170

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
Who the hell in their right mind wants to order a bat and then have no real idea when it's coming? Weeks? Months? That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Any other brand you can pick an online retalier, order it, and have it in 4 days, even if you pick the slow shipping option.

Millenials.....

pirates33

Addicted to Softballfans
Who the hell in their right mind wants to order a bat and then have no real idea when it's coming? Weeks? Months? That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Any other brand you can pick an online retalier, order it, and have it in 4 days, even if you pick the slow shipping option.

This right here. I ordered a DNA last summer, next shipment was expected on whatever date and I had a state tournament 3 weeks after whatever date. Shipment was delayed, didn't get bat until after tournament. Had I known at the time their posted shipping dates are mostly useless I probably would have bout a brand from a big company and had my bat in less than a week. Until Monsta gets to the point where they can have their popular bats on hand to sell and ship like everyone else does they'll probably won't get anymore of my business. I'd bet the big companies have their bats sitting in a warehouse ready to go at least a month before the release date

Glitch

Starting Player
They still sell NSA bats and paid the renewal for Certs for NSA and will be coming with another dual stamp bat.

I agree it's a crap shoot, that's why I order my bat in November because I didn't want my bat in July when leagues are half over. All though the DNA orders came much quicker after the first batch. My buddy ordered his in June and it came in July.

Where was this said? Everything I've read says they abandoned NSA and I know their one model that they came out with is currently banned from NSA play (thats what I play).

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
Where was this said? Everything I've read says they abandoned NSA and I know their one model that they came out with is currently banned from NSA play (thats what I play).

Incorrect.

Its still legal to use your NSA stamped Monsta. There was a 2 day period the bats were not allowed to be used. Carl straightened it out and the bats are back on the allowed list.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
More talking in circles!! Now it's on prices.
The damn bats that people are buying from Monsta are:

209.99 + 16.80 = 226.79
Warranty = 129.00

Price: $355.79

Now carry on about comparing to a DM with a warranty.