Minnesota Thread

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
The winner at C state will either be a team who thinks they are a forgone conclusion B bump or a team who doesn't care/know any better that'll fold in the off season or midway through next season getting crushed in the Open.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
How strict do they get on unis for "c" state... we picked up a guy that's rather large and turns out we didn't order size 40 pants and extra xxl jersey...

If you know our team at all.. most of us are under 6 ft and 200 lbs..

Beauner

Starting Player
Just found out that USSSA D State will be umped entirely by Brooklyn Park league umps. Some of the best umpires in the state are sitting home this weekend.

Learned this the hard way in our second game today. A rule I thought every umpire would know. Apparently the one we had in our second game hadn't.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Once I figure out who took 3rd in Harvest Fest, I'll do the standings. I know Hassan and Blueline split.

Open state was BBS, Midwest Swing, Chanticlear.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Darrell's took 5th if that helps narrow it down
I just saw the guy answering your question saying MGK took 3rd. That would have been my guess. They were playing good on Sunday.

I feel like we warmed them up to go on a bit of a run with our game. Those guys are solid.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I'm really hating all this no bumping c teams bs everyone is talking. The b division is on the verge of disappearing so how do hang them out to dry and explain to the D teams that none of the good teams were bumped but enjoy... have fun and thanks for playing.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The results after this weekend:

Maximus Decimus (EAI) - 106
Yoke (Horsemen) - 102
Squeakslang3 (Reckless) - 98
Jimbo81 (Marshall Area Homes) - 93
tsfingrocks (LJ's) - 92
Chembry (Horsemen) - 89
rmothes - 85
Sjoquist43 (Outdoorsman) - 84
Chunkers00 (Warriors) - 83
Larsl10 (Precision Lining) - 81
mnballer (Dewey's) - 78
bl19 (Precision) - 75
Beauner (Clive's) - 68
thelastsamurai (Willy McCoy's) - 33
Sixes (Frank's Butchers) - 25
Healthbook10 - 11
Jroc - 8
Bob Vance - 5

I had the high score this week with 16. A few 8's and 9's were in there.

This weekend is ASA D north and south. It doesn't look like there are any Utrip tourneys this weekend.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I'm really hating all this no bumping c teams bs everyone is talking. The b division is on the verge of disappearing so how do hang them out to dry and explain to the D teams that none of the good teams were bumped but enjoy... have fun and thanks for playing.

Sometimes I wonder if having a C+ division would be a decent idea. Essentially B locally, but can play C nationals.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
That could work. If you play your local tournies all year by the end of the year you get to play C nationals.
Pretty much. Might even help the more dominant C teams if they play better competition all season. Throttling some C team that just got bumped because of a good weekend at D state isn't going to prepare them to win C nationals.

basilray

You guys ever play in any of the superdrafts around the metro?

There's a sober one coming up on Sep 2 and then another in Oct.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
We are too... I would be fine if they combined c and d and pay out top 3 or 4 d teams along with 1st 2nd and 3rd.. buy no one on our teams wants to play ts13 or bbs or Midwest swing

Why not? It's fun to play. We played open at Shakopee and had a great time.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Why not? It's fun to play. We played open at Shakopee and had a great time.

Exactly. Going in scared to play is the way to get blown out or hurt. We played the open tourney at sro and in Duluth a few years ago and didn't get run ruled in a single game. Did we beat an A or B team? No. But we played some really close games with Souix nation, heartland and Eurotech.