Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
You guys ever play in any of the superdrafts around the metro?

There's a sober one coming up on Sep 2 and then another in Oct.

I wish I was in town to play in the sober one. That one seems like fun. The one in October is fine for a chunk of the day, but people get a little too drunk, IMO. Different strokes for different folks, though.

Exactly. Going in scared to play is the way to get blown out or hurt. We played the open tourney at sro and in Duluth a few years ago and didn't get run ruled in a single game. Did we beat an A or B team? No. But we played some really close games with Souix nation, heartland and Eurotech.

That's how it was when Friendly City Days was open. The challenge was fun.

Plus, realistically, there are probably guys you've played against at your level that hit the ball just has hard. The main difference is the consistency that they hit the ball that hard, and the rarity of errors on defense. I enjoy the challenge, and wish I could do it more often.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Why not? It's fun to play. We played open at Shakopee and had a great time.

It's a 4 hour drive for us and 300$ entry fee.. plus hotels ,food and gas..

We played up this wknd at c state and played some good teams... that's the plan next yr now too...

Half of the team wants to play but the other half won't plat litchfld for the same reason... don't want to play the 3 or 4 open teams that come there.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
It's a 4 hour drive for us and 300$ entry fee.. plus hotels ,food and gas..

We played up this wknd at c state and played some good teams... that's the plan next yr now too...

Half of the team wants to play but the other half won't plat litchfld for the same reason... don't want to play the 3 or 4 open teams that come there.

That's fair. We played against you on on Sunday morning. You guys were a fun team to play.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
That's fair. We played against you on on Sunday morning. You guys were a fun team to play.

Sunday was a mess for us.. our ss and middle guy had to leave sat night after our last game.. has to move guys around and it showed... but you guys are a very good team.. your top half of the line up I don't think we got an out from..

basilray

I wish I was in town to play in the sober one. That one seems like fun. The one in October is fine for a chunk of the day, but people get a little too drunk, IMO. Different strokes for different folks, though.

I signed up for the sober one. Seems like it will be a chill time.

On the fence about October though.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I signed up for the sober one. Seems like it will be a chill time.

On the fence about October though.

I'm doing the Natalia in October. Yoke is right though... usually booze takes over by midday early afternoon and a few folks get out of hand. If you booze, you lose.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Sunday was a mess for us.. our ss and middle guy had to leave sat night after our last game.. has to move guys around and it showed... but you guys are a very good team.. your top half of the line up I don't think we got an out from..

Thank you... We know that feeling all too well. We were missing our middle guy and also had a few injuries/sickness. It was a rough weekend so going 2-2 was an accomplishment for us.

You guys have some good ball players. It's great that you played up. I'm sure it showed your guys that you can compete in C.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I'll just let everyone know not to pick us if your thinking about it. Were playing the lineup shuffle for state. Missing our leadoff cfer, 3,4,5,6 hitters and one of those is our ss... chip chair chance. we should still be tough to beat but its going to be some ugly games.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
That's rough. Good time for some other guys to step up, though. Maybe it'll help you for nationals.

We're missing two of our full time guys because they are back at school. We added a speedy OF, and Big D is making his Horsemen return for the weekend. Hoping it works out. Like you said, chip chair chance.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
That's rough. Good time for some other guys to step up, though. Maybe it'll help you for nationals.

We're missing two of our full time guys because they are back at school. We added a speedy OF, and Big D is making his Horsemen return for the weekend. Hoping it works out. Like you said, chip chair chance.

We currently have everyone for nationals except for 1 guy(broken ankle).

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
Reckless
A&B

We should have everyone this weekend, first time all year. Hopefully we can get on a roll again

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans

Big D is making his comeback? Hopefully he isn't too rusty. Wish I could be there this weekend. You will have to say hi for me.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
We currently have everyone for nationals except for 1 guy(broken ankle).
That's not a bad deal then. Better to have everyone for nationals and go on a run there.

Big D is making his comeback? Hopefully he isn't too rusty. Wish I could be there this weekend. You will have to say hi for me.
He has been playing league, but I'm hoping a limb doesn't fall off of him or something :)

BigD7/11

Addicted to Softballfans

Hi buddy!!! I will come hit show bombs and it will be like you never left.

That's not a bad deal then. Better to have everyone for nationals and go on a run there.

He has been playing league, but I'm hoping a limb doesn't fall off of him or something :)

Limbs are still in tact so far

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans

He filled in for us at league a few weeks back. He was hitting some lasers and complaining that he was out of beer. :D