Minnesota Thread

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Any UTrippers interested in a 2020 DeMarini Brungardt? It's got the ZNX handle and 1oz EL, 27oz. I believe it's the same barrel as a Nautalai.

It's seen 2 games worth of (mis)hits. Just too much EL for me and how I'm swinging right now. Receipt dated 6/19/19 from HB.
My interest is peaked.

Beauner

Starting Player
Got a buddy looking to sell a couple balanced USSSA Miken Freak 27oz bats (the Freak 20th anniversary models from 2018). One 14" barrel, one 12" barrel.
He was looking to get 150-160 for each one. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
I just found out that the city of Monticello is no longer supporting softball leagues after this summer season. That means no fall either. The league has 12 teams this year and fall always draws 10-12 teams as well.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Not a lot of picks right here because Classic Glass and the Frolics D picks didn't go great.

Here are this weeks results:

Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 140
thelastsamurai (Express) - 135
Beauner (The Unknown) - 133
JMac612 (Blueline) - 131
MNBaller (Dewey's) - 130
BL19 (Precision) - 130
Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 126
Chembry (Horsemen) - 116
TSFingRocks - 116
Larsl10 (Precision) - 95
Yoke (Horsemen) - 84
Sjoquist (Outdoorsmen) - 80
Scunions22 (On1) - 75

Have six tournaments to go with this weekend. ASA Open and D south state, Utrip C state, C and D HarvestFest and the conference tourney.

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
After this weekend and this season combined with last season I can say, personally, I don't ever really care if I played USSSA again. It's deader than dead. 6 Gold teams? 37 Silver teams? Are players afraid or getting worse? Both? Really makes not playing incredibly appealing.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Wtf. That's crappy.

As Yoke said, they always tried to run it as cheap as possible. The complex is pretty decent and they always drew a decent amount of teams. The umps were decent and pretty good competition, for the most part. There was a fight there earlier this year and combined with declining alcohol proceeds, I just think the city had enough. Just sucks because that is where I play fall ball and where the initial plan to play next year was.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
After this weekend and this season combined with last season I can say, personally, I don't ever really care if I played USSSA again. It's deader than dead. 6 Gold teams? 37 Silver teams? Are players afraid or getting worse? Both? Really makes not playing incredibly appealing.
It’s a mix of both, with more of them just being afraid because of a letter.

Beauner

Starting Player
It’s a mix of both, with more of them just being afraid because of a letter.
Wouldn't shock me to see USSSA bump 5-6 teams after this season. Gotta figure CPD and Joe Buck get bumped regardless of if they play state/nationals. Would be a long time coming. Maybe some of these ASA C teams will cross over more now that they are juicing up prize pools?

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Wouldn't shock me to see USSSA bump 5-6 teams after this season. Gotta figure CPD and Joe Buck get bumped regardless of if they play state/nationals. Would be a long time coming. Maybe some of these ASA C teams will cross over more now that they are juicing up prize pools?
I hope so. Playing C in Utrip is dumb. You see the same 5-6 teams and that’s it.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess I still have a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth with usssa when we were kicked out of frolics the day before a few years back. Then the next year I see asa b players playing in the bronze. I guess the teams I’m on haven’t really ever played usssa. Is it just send your roster in and they either approve or disapprove you for playing bronze/d?

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess I still have a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth with usssa when we were kicked out of frolics the day before a few years back. Then the next year I see asa b players playing in the bronze. I guess the teams I’m on haven’t really ever played usssa. Is it just send your roster in and they either approve or disapprove you for playing bronze/d?
Utrip isn’t usually as strict as ASA is.

Beauner

Starting Player
The bigger issue, if I remember right from that fiasco, was that De was trying to squeeze an ASA C team into the D bracket. She nixed that idea. He threw a ***** fit on social media about it. So then he tried to throw in a team with some of you guys. When she read De's name she said "Nope" and kicked you guys too. My guess is if De's name hadn't been brought up to her from whoever was running your team, you guys would have been fine. As soon as she saw his name she figured "Oh he's just changing names and trying to sandbag a C team in so now they are gone."

I can see where she was coming from. It wasn't handled well but it is what it is.

MN Duct Pros is a USSSA league team. They have Gavin (ASA B) but other than that most of those guys are D players.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
USA Open State: T's
USA D South: Express
Hanover: Skol
USSSA C State:
Conference: TDB

Last edited:

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
USA Open State: Ts13/CTE
USA D South: Express
Hanover C: Stagecoach/CA
Hanover D: Skol Marketing
USSSA C State: Blueline (or no one when it's cancelled)
Conference: Resmondo

Last edited: