Recent content by Moose40

1. M

USSSA Just a bit of help understanding a rule

If I painted a picture of him being a step or two away, when i threw the ball, I mistyped my scenario. I originally typed: The ball and runner met my catcher roughly the same time and then typed: I turned and threw the ball. My opinion, the runner was still a step or two away from the...
  2. M

Sadly, I think I see both sides. I don't expect a guy to slide, especially into home plate, where the box has been dug out like a kid on a play steam shovel. Your ankle could easily stick in there and break. Our catcher shouldn't have been standing there, I just think at "D" rec level, there's...
  3. M

EA, yes, when I turned to throw, the catcher was "on" the plate.
  4. M

1. slightly to the third base side. 2. I can't honestly answer, as I (pitcher) saw the ball coming in towards home, but veering towards the 3rd base line side of the field (closer to the mound/middle of the diamond, but off to the 3rd base side, if that makes sense) I caught the ball, and when...
  5. M

Thanks guys, The kid playing catcher for us, he's relatively new to playing softball, so maybe it's just helping him out, telling him to get in front of the plate while receiving the throw to eliminate these type of plays
  6. M

In Utrip's rule book, it says: V . Whenever the catcher or any fielder clearly has the ball and is waiting to tag the runner, the runner must slide or attempt to avoid contact. If, in the umpire's judgment, the runner deliberately and forcefully runs into the defensive player, the runner is...
  7. M

USSSA Not sure if this was asked, sorry if dupe

The nice thing is, we've played the other team several times over the past 9 years, so there is a lot of friendly chirping back and forth, so even they offered to put the guy back on third. Funny thing is EA has umped me enough to know that sometimes I get hot under the collar, so props to the...
  8. M

The only thing the ball caused was for my third baseman to stop moving towards the ball coming in from the outfield and the "legal" ball went to the fence by the third base dugout. (doesn't that constitute "something else happening that affects the play?) You've umped us enough to know Pat is...
  9. M

Thanks IrishBlue. Exactly, his judgement stood, I did appreciate him coming out to the mound to tell me his decision, and the fact that he admitted he wasn't sure what to do based on him never experiencing a second ball coming into the field during a live play before, but to his credit, there...
  10. M

Thanks for your comment, I agree letting the run score probably was right. It was just a weird situation, with it being the first time I've had a ball come into another field, and "somewhat" affect the play. Putting the somewhat in quotes because I believe my third baseman gets the ball and...
  11. M

Last night, other team is hitting, guy on 1st and 2nd, batter hits fly ball to LC. Our LC camps under the ball, causing runners to go back to tag up. LC drops the ball, so runners take off. At this time we hear "heads up", runner that started at 2nd base rounds 3rd at roughly the same time as...
  12. M

Sponsorship Question?

click on "search this thread" option, type in tax exempt, and do the search, two of the first three results should talk about sponsorship letters and tax exempt in the title, and will provide most of your answers. There is good information in them supporting statements like that unless your team...
  13. M

ASA 1st time ump

I know EAJuggalo would NEEEEVVVEERRR think that about me :thumb:
  14. M

Learning to Pitch

One other piece of advice, it goes along with being prepared for the come-backer. Most infields are "choppy", take a moment to inspect the path directly from the plate to the rubber, make sure you are aware if a little league rubber is exposed, or if there are divots in the path. I typically...
  15. M

please help with the asa usssa standards

Isn't more so because asa switched balls, and these asa only bats are designed for that particular ball?