Recent content by robokill

1. R

To Stay or Go?

If they aren't fulfilling their obligation, I wouldn't feel obligated to finish the season unless I wanted to.
  2. R

Utrip

In my experience that isn't the case (off a tee), in ~30F weather. My bro science/feel says the 40/525 is turning into a 25/700, and the 52/300 is turning into a 40/525.
  3. R

Utrip

There's some truth to that, like jbo said, a 52/300 should perform better than a 44/400 with a wood bat. There's ranges to these things as well. If a bat has too low a compression it may not be able to "rebound" as well and performance won't be better than it was 200 swings ago. And if a ball...
  4. R

Bat reviews

Seems dead. reviews.softballfans.com http://reviews.softballfans.com/bat.php?v=Easton&id=328
  5. R

League Ump Fees

Yeah the whole "if you pay for something you value it more" effect is crazy. I've asked individuals to sub this year ~20 times, and asked full teams about 6 times, and have gotten one total sub. Conversely I've played 43 games this year and only 13 were with my actual teams.
  6. R

lol 3 digit temperature.... and ball distance...

Yeah humid air should increase carry (humid air is less dense), but the humidity ****s with the ball (reduces exit speed). Cold air is denser than hot air as well, but the same thing happens to the ball, heat = softer = lower exit velo. (Although I think really cold days, around freezing or...
  7. R

2020 super Z ?

Prob. just calling it the Z2000 this year...
  8. R

Need an opinion

I always hear "we would never do that" but in practice I rarely see teams actually bend/ignore a rule for the benefit of the other team (there's a reasonable number of no ump leagues around here). So I'd recommend strictly enforcing the rules if it's to your benefit, and don't be mad when the...
  9. R

Nihilist

WTF does that even mean?
  10. R

Me or the glove?

What does that mean? What again? Blood pressure is a little high? Dropping line drives are pretty tough FYI.
  11. R

Nihilist

It's in the title. FYI that channel is 99.9% sponsored in some way by Demarini, they constantly plug their bats, not exactly an unbiased review.
  12. R

anyone has any experience using "Pop Toss Green one"?

I got mine early in the year. I always used a bucket for protection (now using 2 as they recommend) but it took a couple shots over a lot of BP and survived until a shot a few weeks ago. They sent out a new part for free to Canada no questions asked and quickly, and it's back to working. It's...
  13. R

USSSA/ISA bat compared to OG Flex

A broken in Flex is pretty soft, the new bats might be better but I don't think the difference is huge.
  14. R

Girl Pitching Coed

What? College softball player sounds good, but the talent level drops fast once you get past the top 75 teams or so (and there's 1600+ college softball teams). Even in the elite top 30 D1 games, a 240 foot shot is considered a bomb (~74mph exit speed). With a mask and other protection, go for...
  15. R

anyone has any experience using "Pop Toss Green one"?

I think I'm getting around 20 feet off mine, pitching off grass. I'll echo a lot of Terror's frustration though.