Recent content by slowstepper

1. S

Coming home to Michigan - Options for old man soft ball?

Ok everyone, I'm glad to be returning home to Michigan after 25 years in California. I'm setting up home base in the Gaylord / Greyling area. I'm a bit concerned because I can't seem to find any old mens leagues. I've been spoiled out here in California (Fresno area) as we have had a...
  2. S

cutting the ball?

thanks S&w - sounds like your swing is about like mine. when I'm on I hit hard flat liners with backspin that skip when the hit the ground.
  3. S

cutting the ball?

Thanks for the responses guys - I have a good understanding of cutting the ball now. and I do hit that hard low liner that travels and then skips off the grass fairly often, so I assume i probably have it built into my swing.
  4. S

cutting the ball?

Ok so I see a bunch of these hitting videos on Utube where guys talk about "cutting the ball". so what is it? why do it? does it require fundamental changes in swing/ approach. So I'm left handed - mostly hit to RC - because in old man leagues - the weakest throwers and fielders are out...
  5. S

Gel shots in the Knees

Is it an impingement? pretty common , and it really restricts strength and Range of Motion. i couldn't throw at all without excruciating pain. My orthopedic surgeon went in and cleaned up around the accromium and smoothed out stuff - d it all using the scope - Micro surgery - took less...
  6. S

15" firstbasemens glove - BullhideUSA? others

Thanks KJK, I did call them, had a long discussion with Abel. He clearly knows ball gloves - inside and out , after talking about options like restringing and re - breaking in my old 20 year old glove that has always been wonkee - It came "broken in - and it just folded like an envelope -...
  7. S

An exciting 2 men ver. poptoss pitching machine. check out the videos!

I tried to buy the original poptoss a few years back, they said out of stock, never responded to emails asking about availability etc. so i figured with that kind of customer service - no thanks
  8. S

Gel shots in the Knees

So from the perspective of a guy who has some experience here. I have had 11 knee surgeries, gulping NSAI, chicken shots, cortizone shots, gel shots, braces, creams , voodooo - you name it. by the time I was 60, I was almost immobile in the field - bone on bone - every step hurt. I quit...
  9. S

15" firstbasemens glove - BullhideUSA? others

Ok guys, new here, but been playing softball for 55 years, currently play in an old mans over 63 league. play all over but my best position is first base. So heres my question. I want a 15" (minimum 14 - prefer 15) 1st basemens glove. I currently have an old Wilsons Big scoop. It works...