Recent content by stang7222

1. stang7222

Mooch

I just remembered now that on one of my many trips to Toronto to watch the Yankees play the Blue Jays, Stairs was really cool to us and some other folks. We had a hotel room in the stadium overlooking LF. He was coaching with the Jays at the time. After an early afternoon practice (7:00pm...
  2. stang7222

Mooch

Nobody was livestreaming games then. It was 2010-2012 something like that.
  3. stang7222

Mooch

It's possible. I don't think we've ever met.
  4. stang7222

Official Last Bat 2024

I played with a dude that hit .800+ every season hitting Judys. Sometimes he'd really square one up and fly out. Sometimes he'd roll one to the 2b. Sometimes the defense would throw like 5 guys in short RF. He'd just pull a 260' fly ball and jog to second base.
  5. stang7222

Official Last Bat 2024

Do you play 7 days a week or...?
  6. stang7222

Mooch

I was playing with a terrible pick-up team about 10 years ago. Their pitcher was awful so I came in to pitch. I'm sure you remember Wayne McGee... (and his bats) Anyway, I left one on the outer third and he could have murdered me but he held his swing. I said thanks, put the next pitch right...
  7. stang7222

Official Last Bat 2024

League ball Game 1: 4-3 Game 2: double to LC Game 3: rope through 5/6 hole Game 4: double off the LF fence 10-14 today
  8. stang7222

Mooch

All I have to contribute to this thread is that back in like 2011 Matt Stairs came with his team to Diamond Nation in NJ. They played against Mooch's pick-up team full of major and A players. Mooch got Stairs to roll over on a ball in his first ab. In his second ab, Mooch was juking and...
  9. stang7222

Official Last Bat 2024

Game 1: hustle single on a ground ball to SS Game 2: 1-3 4 for 6 on the day
  10. stang7222

New Evil BP rocket review

Hit the BP Rockets off of live pitching this morning with utrip bats. The balls definitely fly very well. A few rocket line drives hit off of trees just beyond the 265' fence but there were no rips or even scuffs on the covers. The balls make a very distinct crack off the sweetspot but if you...
  11. stang7222

New Evil BP rocket review

@Bobbybuggs was kind enough to send me some .52 bp balls to demo. I haven't hit them off of live pitching yet but I did hit them off the tee this afternoon. I was hitting with a Suncoast Melee 3 I threw in a few well used Tatoo USA .52 275 and some almost brand new Baden Fire Classic Ms for...
  12. stang7222

Score keeping question!

Those are hits.
  13. stang7222

Question on USSSA bats Vs USA bats

I have a utrip nautalai with about 150 cuts on it. Mostly .52s. When they tested it before a tournament last weekend it zipped well past 240 and the tester immediately released it so I never saw what it tested at. Likely around 300. It seems to have some decent pop but takes a long time to...
  14. stang7222

Hitting training/Warmup

Was this post written by AI? Bc the logic here is perfect.
  15. stang7222

ASA Ruling

I lobbed the ball underhand from about 5 feet away. The ump wasn't having it though and threatened me with 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. The guy I hit with the ball was the only person involved that didn't have a smile on his face.