Recent content by xjarcher

1. xjarcher

Passive aggressive okay?

We don't have paid umpires. The batting team supplies field and plate umps. I wanted to hear what "the umpires would do" in this situation. We have a new team that is pretty obnoxious and a team that has done this for two generations! As LD I'm going to have all coaches rank their opponents on...
  2. xjarcher

Passive aggressive okay?

I'm LD for a bush league. We have a team that will bait the opposition by calling players names etc. and then tell them that they are bad sports when they finally respond. In a game as an umpire how do you manage such behavior?
  3. xjarcher

ASA Interfering with a rolling ball

No fences in this league. A ball is thrown in from the outfield and pitcher misses it. rolls toward fielding teams bench. Player gets up and kicks the ball thus preventing it from going out of play. In an ASA league what would the ruling be?
  4. xjarcher

52/300 for sunday league

The experience in our league is different. In past years we allowed Evils to be used for two games as they were more durable than the Dudley ball that most bought. I'm currently using several of last year's Evil's and one Dudley for some back yard BP. The Evils are consistently going further...
  5. xjarcher

New pitcher!

This is going to confuse the guy. OP, you need to practice a consistent delivery and release before you start adding spin. Set up a mound and plate in your yard and get so you can throw strikes at will by doing the same thing all the time. Backspin or sidespin will mess with your location. Once...
  6. xjarcher

New pitcher!

I've been pitching for about 30 years. 6-12 mat ball and now UA mat ball. If the batters know you can throw a strike when you want to your odds are much improved. I generally throw a 12' strike first so if they are watching I'm up. After that I'll throw some spins and go high to see if they'll...
  7. xjarcher

16 Z4000????

I have a 16 Z4 ASA that I bought here in June. It's had about 100 swings since arrival. In Tuesday's game it started sounding different on contact and the ball is not traveling nearly as well. I've inspected it carefully, no cracks and no additional webbing. I'm thinking I spend about a dollar...
  8. xjarcher

Best bat under $100?!?!?

Ritches Superior powerdome! Or an Easton Sunbelt. Both are great.
  9. xjarcher

Best bat under $100?!?!?

I'll not donate mine to science but there is evidence somewhere that it's a singlewall. I have heard that, some call it a DW, I have not witnessed it in person. I would ask how they know because I'd love to see them prove it.
  10. xjarcher

Best bat under $100?!?!?

An Anderson nanotek. I have one. It's a single wall bat and hits the ball extremely well. I'd sell you mine but my son would have a fit. He loves it.
  11. xjarcher

Anderson Trading Block

I have a rather rough pyrotech 28oz and a '10 TZ 28oz that has very few hits that I would like to part with. I also have two unused evil 44/375s to throw in.
  12. xjarcher

How fragile is a Powerdome Outlaw?

Temperature range 50-100f. They were team bats and got lots of cuts. Personally, it's just a bat swing it or donate it to a museum. If it breaks, buy another bat.:-)
  13. xjarcher

I had a ritches superior advanced player that was used on red dot titans for 3+ seasons with no issues. I used it for league hitting 44's for a couple seasons. It was in great shape when I sold it. I don't know what the titans were but a 47 seems like a sock in comparison. Anyone know what...
  14. xjarcher

Those bats were made for much harder balls than the 44 balls. I don't think I'd swing them if the temp was in the 40s but otherwise you should be okay.
  15. xjarcher

Aluminum bat advice

Supercells? wanna talk trade?