Search results

1. mpk

DCT 1B Mitt

I ended up playing a lot of 1B for my rec team this year so I'm looking to pick up a 1B mitt before next season and I like the look of the DCT. Not really sure what I'm looking for as far as leather type or colorway but I gravitate toward classic combos. If you have a DCT to move, hit me up.
  2. mpk

New Rawlings HOH Custom in Golden Brown

Hemmed and hawed quite a bit about what to do for a custom gift for my son. I settled on golden brown after seeing a couple pics on IG that really peaked my interest. There wasn't much info out there on golden brown but I decided to take the plunge anyway. Since I couldn't find much on golden...
  3. mpk

LTB Youth Catchers Mitt

Anyone have a catchers mitt laying around that would work for 12u baseball? I don't want anything particularly nice (read I don't want to spend a ton), just something that's usable as a team glove and does not smell strongly of mold like the ones I was issued from our league. Preferably broken...
  4. mpk

Rawlings Golden Brown

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a custom HOH for my son's birthday and I'm thinking about a black shell with Golden Brown plam/web. I'm just not sure on the golden brown because there's really not that many pictures that I can find of gloves made with it. NYC linked a few pics in...
  5. mpk

Rawlings Black and Timber

Anybody have any pictures of black and timberglaze gloves? Thinking about ordering a custom Rawlings with a black shell, timber palm/web, and black and gold labels/stitching but I've only ever seen one picture of a glove with a black/timber combo. If anyone could share some pictures of black...
  6. mpk

Son's Louisville Slugger Icon after 8 season

I find it interesting to see how gloves age so I thought I'd share how my son's glove is holding up. Plus, who doesn't love glove pics? This was the first decent quality glove I'd ever bought. Got it for my son in 2014 for $50 off the bay and he's used it in 6 spring seasons and a couple fall...
  7. mpk

Help with gifting a custom HOH

I'm planning on ordering a custom HOH for a good friend/teammate. He currently games an ancient rawlings 14" glove with model number RSGXL. It's labeled as 14" but to me looks like it is much smaller than that. Anyone know this model well enough to suggest a similar pattern from the builder...
  8. mpk

Basic Pitching Mechanics?

I manage a rec level co-ed team. A couple of our pitchers can't play this season and our one bona fide pitcher has work that takes him out of town occasionally so I'm needing to develop some pitchers out of the players already on the team. I have 3-4 guys willing to learn that have solid...
  9. mpk

How are your newer gen Horween gloves aging?

For those of you who have put a season or two of use into your Rawlings and Easton Horween gloves, how are they holding up? Are you happy with the durability? Mostly interested in the recent batches, 2017-current, starting with the SBF Pro207-6ht. Pics appreciated.
  10. mpk

Louisville Slugger Icon 12" or 12.75"

EDIT: Found a 12." Might still be interested in a 12.75." Hit me up if you're looking to move one. My son has gamed a 11.25" I-web for maybe 5 years now. All the while I've been jealous. If you've got one of these that you're looking to sell, hit me up. If this post is up, I'm still...
  11. mpk

For Sale Rawlings Pro1000 SBF 13"

Just don't use this very much so I'm going with a cheaper option for days I'm in the OF. Glove is in great shape. Maybe saw 5-10 innings of play in the outfield. Never used it on the dirt. Used it TIP but not fully broken in so you could probably use it standard grip. Still very stiff - it...
  12. mpk

For Sale 44 Pro Signature Series, 12.25", RV web, blacked out, kip leather

Just selling this to get one similar in a different size. Very good shape. Just to the point where I'd say it's broken in. Stays open when laid on it's side. Used it both traditional grip and TIP. No custom markings anywhere, just the 44 logos. See my post on the glove when I got it here...
  13. mpk

Glove Wear

Some gloves I see seem to get a nice patina in the palm from use that looks good. Mine seem to just lose their color in the palm/web and look blotchy. This is after only a couple short seasons of use. What causes some gloves to wear well vs get ugly? Is it the difference in leather or...
  14. mpk

For Sale Mizuno Global Elite GGE71V - 12.75", Tan, Ichiro web

Got this a few years ago and broke it in with a mallet and some couch catch but I never really grew to like it. Just didn't fit my hand right. Never gamed it. Seen a bit of catch out in the yard with my kids but that's about it. Never seen a field so not a spec of dirt on it. Can be used...
  15. mpk

First Base Mitts

I've been filling in at first base on my team here and there so I've been thinking about getting a first base mitt to add to the family. From what I can tell, it looks like pretty much everyone loves the DCT pattern. I've never really even used a first base mitt but I like the looks of the DCT...
  16. mpk

A little more 44 love. Some pics and a short review.

UPDATE (8/1/18) on post #12. Nice to see more people here considering 44 when looking for a decent glove without having to spend too much. I've had my 44 for a few months now. Just thought I'd share some thoughts and post a few pics as another data point for people to consider. Overall, it's...
  17. mpk

Haven't played in 10 years. Bat recs?

I'm finally on a team again after not playing for about 10 years. What is a good bat these days? I know there are probably dozens of possible answers so let me see what I can say to narrow it down to a couple good recommendations. I'm 36, 5'10, 190lbs. Once upon a time I was a decent power...
  18. mpk

Glove Craftsmanship

A few times on this forum I've seen quality of craftsmanship given as a reason for preferring certain glove brands or product lines over others. What exactly do people mean when they say that the craftsmanship of one glove is better than another? Better stitching and embroidery? Consistency...
  19. mpk

Gloves with small hand stalls

My son's glove went missing the other day. I thought he'd left it on the field after practice because we wrapped things up late and we were picking up gear after dark and I didn't think to check his bag but we couldn't find it the next day. It was MIA for a few days before it turned up in...
  20. mpk

Price check: Murdered Out Custom Wilson DP15

***EDIT: As someone pointed out, this is not a custom glove but a limited edition produced in 2014. My mistake.*** Got this off the bay as a little project to condition, re-lace, and then sell but I'm having a tough time deciding on a price. Not many comparable gloves sold recently here or...