Search results

1. M

For Sale Demarini flipper og asa 2016

Not meaning to insult you. I’m just saying that whomever buys this bat should be careful with hitting with 44s. To each their own however.
  2. M

For Sale Demarini flipper og asa 2016

I agree that these do hit the 44s well. The only problem is they are susceptible to cracking with harder balls. Without a warranty, you are really putting yourself at risk hitting anything other than 52s. Speaking from experience with this bat.
  3. M

Albert Pujols Hitting Pointers

Just watched this. Basic, but valuable and often overlooked information here.
  4. M

Official 2020 Last AB Thread

I’m wondering about our league here in Central California. Hopefully this epidemic, or whatever it is will end soon.
  5. M

Ball Exit speed

Or at least measured wind speed and distance. I guess studies would be the wrong word. I’m sure I could find some answers somewhere, but I didn’t know if Ken has any relevant data.
  6. M

Ball Exit speed

Have you done any studies on the effects of wind speed on ball distance? I think we all know that wind can play a huge part. I just have never seen anything quantified.
  7. M

Arm strength

I read the book too. What are your credentials besides wearing undersized shirts and swinging a bat like a T. rex
  8. M

Arm strength

That’s Rookie of the Year. The Rookie is a true story. Quit making generalizations. Most people don’t gain velocity after 25. Some do. Get a clue.
  9. M

Arm strength

If you enjoy 70 year old women more power to you.
  10. M

Arm strength

You must not have read or watched "The Rookie"
  11. M

Arm strength

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/sports/baseball/mlb-velocity-pitchers.amp.html It may also be helpful to research the methods or even contact the above place.
  12. M

Arm strength

This. And exercises to build explosive power such as olympic lifts and plyometrics.
  13. M

Ball Exit speed

I’m worried about you developing carpal tunnel syndrome from responding to so many posts.
  14. M

Ball Exit speed

I was thinking the same. However perhaps even if a person can throw 75 mph throwing straight ahead, he probably can’t create the same exit speed throwing at the launch angle necessary to throw 328 feet. Same goes for hitting.
  15. M

Ball Exit speed

I used to play on a field that was 270 back when the Ultra first came out. You'd just stand there in the outfield and watch balls leave the park one after another. All homers after you were one up were doubles. It was boring. My field now is 355 to left. It is fun to play on. 260. I can't...
  16. M

Ball Exit speed

I guess so. Thanks again for sharing.
  17. M

Ball Exit speed

Alright, I will argue. At the same time though, that is a good site.
  18. M

Ball Exit speed

Lol. I can’t argue with that! What a great site. Thanks for sharing.
  19. M

Ball Exit speed

I’ve heard the four foot thing too. However, 75 mph seems like a pretty week exit speed. Obviously I could be wrong, but I doubt a ball hit with a 75 mph exit speed will go 300 feet. In comparison, I can’t imagine someone who only throws 75 mph being able to throw a ball 300 feet in the air...
  20. M

Paint chip/cleat mark repairs

One thing I have to say in regards to heavy older bats. I bought a 38 ounce from early 90s late 80s I guess for $3.99 at Goodwill. In my opinion it’s easier to swing than my 28s as quite a bit of the weight is in the handle. Not sure if all older heavier bats were made this way, but the one I...