Search results

1. mightymike

Senior Scoreboard

Update On Senior Scoreboard. The Big Cat checking back in. Access to the Senior Scoreboard will be free for 30 days. That way you guys can see the scores from the SSUSA World Tournament and the ISSA United States Northern Championships, Cincinnati, OH as soon as we can get them posted. I am not...
  2. mightymike

Senior Scoreboard

Who won, what was the score? Mike Macenko may have the answer. There is a link on his website ( mikemacenko.com ) (cut and paste) for Senior Scoreboard. The intent is to post scores for significant local, regional, national, and world tournaments throughout the country and across multiple...
  3. mightymike

WTB: Miken Ultra2 Maxload

Hey Brain, they were on there before. Once Miken quit putting them out for sale they did do an exclusive with Direct Sports for the bat. Now I do not see it there anymore. Sorry about that. Mighty Mike Macenko aka:Gorilla Boy
  4. mightymike

What is the best New Miken Senior bat out there

The Big Cat and the Green Max Load are built the same way. Even the balanced is built the same way. The durability issues are great. As Yank said the bat gets better and better as you continue to hit it. I have 850 swings on a 28 oz. and it feels like it is getting hotter as I hit it. I also...
  5. mightymike

WTB: Miken Ultra2 Maxload

I believe you can still get them at Direct Sports. Mighty Mike Macenko aka:Gorilla Boy
  6. mightymike

ASA ball question.

There is not much difference between a 400 lb. ball and a 375 lb. ball. The difference is very very small. Mighty Mike Macenko aka: Gorilla Boy
  7. mightymike

OG combat da bomb vs todays senior bats

What's it 2 Ya, great question. When the bat manufacturers do a run on bats it is anywhere from 500 to 1500 most of the time. Depends on how they are set up. They have serial numbers on the bats today to tell them when the bat was manufactured. That will let the buyer know if the bat is a...
  8. mightymike

OG combat da bomb vs todays senior bats

The Original Da Bomb was an excellent bat. I would use it against any of the bats out there. It was just a great design that Combat came up with. Any Combat bat before the MM Gear 2 with the Blue paint job were all 1.20. When they changed the color to the Blue MM Gear it reads 1.21. That was one...
  9. mightymike

2016 Miken Big Cat

Thanks for letting me know. 60 degrees is tough on bats. If you have a swing that misses the ball and still hits it a long way then you can sometimes get away with that. With my swing I usually miss the ball. I do not smash the ball, hitting it dead flush, nothing wrong with that, that is part...
  10. mightymike

2016 Miken Big Cat

Your friend that broke it less than 300 swings, did he contact anyone about the bat. If I can help I will. You just need to talk to the right people. What is your friends name? Thank You. Mighty Mike Macenko aka: Gorilla Boy
  11. mightymike

2016 Miken Big Cat

Not sure yet Bruce. If I can make it I will. It would be good to see some old faces and hit some in a very nice climate at this time of year. I went to hit today because the temp was right at 58. Forgot it rained all day yesterday. Went to field and it was muddy as heck. So I am going to try...
  12. mightymike

2016 Miken Big Cat

6Ball, thank you for the kind words. I am glad I was able to help. I will try my best and deliver good Senior products. That is the name of the game. The arena for Senior Softball bats has grown larger than any other area of softball in the last few years. This makes for all of the manufacturers...
  13. mightymike

2016 Miken Big Cat

Ken, you know me. I consider a Senior bat ready to go when I first swing it. It is a Sr. bat and what more do you need? But I know what you mean Ken. I am getting reports of the bat hitting the hot zone in about 400 swings. Some sooner. The bats are reading 250 right out of the factory. It...
  14. mightymike

2016 Miken Big Cat

6Ball, give me a call sometime to discuss the bat. I will try and help in any way I can. 330-419-0205. Thank You Mighty Mike Macenko aka:Gorilla Boy
  15. mightymike

2016 Miken Big Cat

I have been hitting my new Big Cat and I am loving the performance I am getting out of this new 2 piece bat. I know you would expect me to say that with my name on the bat but I really do like this bat. I have been hitting it since Vegas. I had a 27 oz. in Vegas and now I am swinging the 28 oz...
  16. mightymike

2016 Miken Big Cat

Yank, that is something I am working on for the future. I like the idea! Have to wait and see what we come up with! Mighty Mike Macenko aka:Gorilla Boy
  17. mightymike

Steele's Softballs

Those were good bats. If I had a nickle for every one I gave away I would be rich. That was part of the job. Give the bats to the right people... Mighty Mike Macenko
  18. mightymike

Steele's Softballs

Does anybody remember the Wolf Pack field in New Kensington? Now there was some serious softball played there in the 1970's. BYM had a team that had players like Dave and Roger Snatchko. They had one player that I thought had the coolest name for a softball player. His name was Red "Killer"...
  19. mightymike

Steele's Softballs

Yes Bobby I use to run a Polyurethane machine at Steele's. I actually made 10,000 softballs at one time. The shipping of the balls over to Taiwan and then getting them stitched took too long for us at the time. We were selling a lot of softballs and it was cheaper to have them to do it. Also we...
  20. mightymike

Steele's Softballs

Steele's softballs were made first in Taiwan and then in China. The majority of the bats were made by AMM (American Modern Metals) in Kearney, New Jersey. We had other bat manufacturers make bats for us also. Bauxite is is an ore used in the manufacture of aluminum. The first ones we had made...