Search results

1. Y

Force at 2nd or Am I crazy

Runner at 1st and 3rd with 2 outs. Pop fly center fielder makes what appears to be a diving catch. batter runs hard to first. Getting there as the ball pops out of the center fielder's glove. runner at first heads to second. Center fielder throws to second for the force. Ump calls him safe. Ump...
  2. Y

Ground rule double?

Fair ball hit down the first base line goes under the fence . Automatic 2nd bases or does it depend on where the runner is when the fielder indicates it went out of bounds? How is it determined what base he gets?
  3. Y

Batting tip...for a 70-yr old?

1) Along with standing away from the plate, stand up in the box. put your back foot just in front of home plate. 2) Wait til the ball is past you. Stride towards the 3-4 hole. Hit the ball with the bat perpendicular to right field 3) I look for a ball that will be upper thigh to shoulder...
  4. Y

Stepping off third

I didn't find it my ASA rule book so I'm bring it to the pros. Often with a power pull hitter at bat a runner on third will ask to step off the bag into foul territory. So here is the scenario. Men on first and third one out. the runner on third has asked for permission to be off the bad in...
  5. Y

What is your favorite bat of all time?

First place Anaconda "gray" b1 the bomb. close second place "white" Combat Centinarian 10 inch barrel
  6. Y

Worst Excuse for No Show

I had a Sunday night team for several years. Had some crazy excuses, Him "Went to the Chiefs game." Me, "That ended 3 hours ago" Him " I know but I still can't find my car.. You probably don't want me anyway. I had a few brews." What is your favorite Excuse?
  7. Y

one piece vs two piece bat?

What are the pros and cons of one piece vs two piece bats ?
  8. Y

Weird One

Isn't the batter interfering with a live ball?
  9. Y

Weird One

Had one I've never seen or heard of before. I was pitching and had a pitch that would start out at a left handed batter and curve over the plate (we use a mat) . The pitch was coming back perfectly when the left handed batter caught the ball. What is The Call? Our ump, the head up for our...
  10. Y

original miken ultra vs todays senior bats

How would the original Miken Ultra, Boomba Cannon, Combat B1 The Bomb stand up today's Hot Senior bats? Since they would have the ASA stamp on them how would they work in ASA leagues?
  11. Y

OG Thread: Post what aluminum bat you used back in the day

First aluminum bat I bought was a Easton Connection. Hit 4 homers on my first 4 swings. Got walked 11 times between the first and forth. Not that much of a homerun hitter before that.
  12. Y

running baskwards to avoid a tag

Can a runner run backwards to avoid a quick tag allowing the fielder to possibly make a double play?
  13. Y

ball goes under fence

On a throw to first the ball is wide and goes under the fence. 2nd baseman reaches under the fence and retrieves the ball. I expect runners to get base they were going to plus one. Ump says that since the 2nd baseman retrieved the ball and did not throw up his hands. no bases are awarded. ( No...
  14. Y

batters box

I've come to the conclusion that I need more time to get the timing right on inside pitches. So in the mean time I plan on standing as far from the plate as possible. I'm 6'4" so staying in the box but eliminating jamming my self on inside corner pitches is a problem. Do I have to have my entire...
  15. Y

Pitching screen rules (all)

SSUSA require pitchers to wear face mask as they are worried about liability.Some senior leagues have gone to the pitching screen. Local league rules are all different.
  16. Y

North of the Mason-Dixon

Our league starts March 17. Still have snow in KC. How is it looking in your part of the country.?.
  17. Y

Throwing Home

What percent of outs at third and home justify players moving up on unsuccessful throws? Is it better to keep the runner at first or second except for winning run.
  18. Y

senior softball?

Our senior league is using Trump Stote 44/375 softballs. I have hit Evils, Fire, X-Rock, and Tattoos. But not enough to know which is best. Before I try to get our league to change I wanted some advice as to which is the best. I believe they are all better than Stotes.
  19. Y

Any When do you:

Wish you guys umped in KC area. Only time I've seen anyone cold out for hitting a ball when out of the box in 30 years is when they stepped on or in front of the plate. Lefty's are safe
  20. Y

Any When do you:

1) Tell a Batter that he is out of the batters box? 2) Call a batter out when he has a one foot well out of the batters box when he hits the ball? 3) Redrawn the batters box when the lines have been wiped out?