original miken ultra vs todays senior bats

yance

Addicted to Softballfans
How would the original Miken Ultra, Boomba Cannon, Combat B1 The Bomb stand up today's Hot Senior bats?
Since they would have the ASA stamp on them how would they work in ASA leagues?

How would the original Miken Ultra, Boomba Cannon, Combat B1 The Bomb stand up today's Hot Senior bats?

The original Miken Ultra was banned for a reason, was hot beyond measure, also extremely good bats in the 2007 thru 2012 era are the Easton Stealth and Synergy models, check the ASA banned bat lists for the model numbers. If you are playing in a league that allows ANY of the earlier stamped ASA bats, these are also very stout bats with a ton of power and they have ASA 2004 stamps. I have used an EastonSalvo SRV5 for some time because it wasn't banned and i have an Easton Stealth SCN5 34/28 that is better than the new Suncoast Melee Diamond bats in my opinion. I have teammates that have the Suncoast from 26.5 oz thru 29.5 oz and my bat outhits theirs, again, with my swing. If buying a new bat i would recommend the Suncoast Melee Diamond series. Hope this helps. RR

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
I never swung the original Ultra but people have said it was on the level of swinging a titanium.

Cannon well outperforms my Ultra 2 and reebok melee.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The bat-ball combo in 2002 with the OG Ultra is very similar to the bat-ball combo of today's senior game. Different bats, but different balls.....very similar performance outcome IMO.
I feel like last year was similar to that with me facing 220s that were probably testing 180.

squidlius

I can't remember what balls we were using when the OG Ultra first came out but the first time my buddy let me swing his I slapped an outside pitch over a 300' fence. That bat was ridiculous. If they hadn't banned them a month later I'd own one today. I still have my Super Freaks.

I can't remember what balls we were using when the OG Ultra first came out but the first time my buddy let me swing his I slapped an outside pitch over a 300' fence. That bat was ridiculous. If they hadn't banned them a month later I'd own one today. I still have my Super Freaks.
Super freak is insane. One of my longest balls anyone ever witnessed me hit was a low short pitch and that endload burried right into it.Ball Didnt come down for about 8 seconds. I have been looking for one ever since. The Yellow, pink, red crazy graphicky one. 2014-2016 perhaps

blakcherry329

We were using the White Dudley SB-12s and Worth Blue and Red Dots. Scary stuff for a pitcher. A guy hit a ball off of me, with an OG Ultra, that cleared my head by no more than 4-5' and hit the fence about 275' away. Yikes

Last edited:

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were using the White Dudley SB-12s and Worth Blue and Red Dots. Scary stuff for a pitcher. A guy hit a ball off of me, with an OG Ultra, that cleared my head by no more than 4-5' and hit the fence about 275' away. Yikes
I recall hitting .40/525 with the ASA UII and SCX2 back in 02-04 maybe ?
Unfreaking believable that nobody died in our leagues

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The bat-ball combo in 2002 with the OG Ultra is very similar to the bat-ball combo of today's senior game. Different bats, but different balls.....very similar performance outcome IMO.
People forget those were hitting 47/525.

Of course, people easily forget that ten years ago when tattooball was testing balls with the associations that the 40 cor they tested tested more dangerous on the nocsae scale than a 50/525. Ten years ago they knew it did more damage than a red dot, and they've still allowed it this whole time.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I believe the velocit-e is still asa legal. The pst perhaps if it is on the non approved list not technically legal but I doubt that any of the umps/leagues I play in would have issues with it, the rest of those beauts are allowed in our seniors leagues

kidknapp

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have a value on these 2002 OG Ultra? 26oz and 27oz

Attachments

• 71435998597__F1594553-7E01-44DC-9DF2-E41D3E52E117.jpeg
    71435998597__F1594553-7E01-44DC-9DF2-E41D3E52E117.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 7