Search results

1. E

Oldest player on your team to ever hit a home run?

My 68 year old hit one out last year With a 1.20 bat.
  2. E

Why is everyone selling!!!!!

Well it's obviously the bat's fault and not theirs they can't hit the ball 300'.
  3. E

Warranty returns ?

They're out of everything. I sent back a bat and they told me I could get the 2015 DB in 26oz but they emailed me and said they're out of it and only had 27 or 28. Took a 27 but I wasn't too thrilled about it.
  4. E

Price Check Derby Boys dbsp8 27oz.

Thanks. I was thinking around $100. It's a warranty return.
  5. E

Price Check Derby Boys dbsp8 27oz.

Looking to get a price check on a new in wrapper dbsp8 27oz. Not returnable. Thanks!
  6. E

Pickup player horror stories

It's hard to find a good SS or 3b and keep them. In my experience the best pick ups have always been guys a little more humble about their skills. The guys and girls I've picked up that brag about their high school or college days almost never panned out.
  7. E

Is the sport on a decline? or due for another boom period?

This is definitely happening in my area. 5 years ago rec teams were made up of guys just out to hang with friends and you might have a few tournament caliber players on teams. You could get a bunch of friends together and compete even of you never won the league. Now a lot of the teams are...
  8. E

Is the sport on a decline? or due for another boom period?

I've noticed the number of teams declining a bit in southern NV. Especially co-ed. There's a lot of things competing with softball like volleyball and kickball.
  9. E

The Turds of 2014

2014 Green Derby Boys was a turd. 2013 Yellow DB was great.
  10. E

Derby Boys DBSP8 Review

Happy to hear the DB is good again. I had the yellow DB and it was great. When it broke I had to get the green DB for a replacement and it's junk. Got a broken wanted I'm hoping to send it for the new DB.
  11. E

Too many balls in the air - why

Because you touch yourself at night
  12. E

SWAG for League Championship?

$100 off next season's registration fee.
  13. E

Ditched my GF : Still roll CoED?

Just tell the coach you're not going to play the rest of the season. If you play she probably won't and it's a pain finding a girl to sub. Plus coed sucks.
  14. E

6 guy/4 girl coed??

I never liked 6/4 or 7/3 coed but it would probably help with the lower number of teams returning for leagues in southern NV.
  15. E

Price check z2000

Most companies will put something on the bat to indicate if it's a warranty return like on the handle area, end cap, knob, etc.
  16. E

softball a dying sport?

Definitely less teams in the Las Vegas area. A lot of people just looking for something to do with friends area going to kickball or volleyball.
  17. E

Opinion on roster protesting

In my local league you have to roster check before the start of the 2nd inning.
  18. E

Why do people sandbag?

Chicken ****s that are scared to play teams at their level. It's also up to your LD to move teams up/down as necessary.
  19. E

You're the manager what do you do in my situation?

Don't waste your time thinking about it. He'll screw up with his new team too and get kicked off.
  20. E

Won a game with 8 players in the field

Was it against a good team? I've done it against a weak team. We just put up a ton of runs.