Search results

1. Traenok

ASA Ruling Question

No. Incorrect. R1 (runner on second at beginning of play) in a ground ball situation can only be put out if physically tagged while not occupying Third base or tagging third base before he occupies it. Runner never "have" to advance, it is up to the defense to make the proper play. Yes it is...
  2. Traenok

ASA Ruling Question

Correct play is to tag the runner that should be advancing to third, then tag second base for the double, then throw to first for the triple.
  3. Traenok

ASA Catch or no out?

This - please tell us now!
  4. Traenok

Any Where do you draw the cheating line??

I rarely post but browse everyday. I believe NCASAUmp and Bretman to be the most knowledgeable and thorough official "ump" posters in this forum, and his response to the post you are responding to, is a result from getting trolled more times than not. I respect you NCASA and your posts...
  5. Traenok

ASA Fast slow pitch

Ok. An ASA legal slow pitch that meets the arc requirements will be going roughly 8-9mph. Period. It the pitcher was pitching 50 mph, from 50 feet, it would resemble a Major league fastball going 85-88 mph. NO WAY any of you would have been able to handle it. Plus - Catcher and ump should have...
  6. Traenok

ASA Catcher yelling, "Strike!"

Whenever I catch, I usually say things like, "looking good!" or "there it is"... and have never said anything directly too a batter or anything. Only once have I had an ump say anything to me, and it was between innings and he said he thought i was getting under the other teams nerves. I asked...
  7. Traenok

ASA Tag Ups

I side with Bretman and NCASA on this one. Only beef I have is the umps that are persuaded when they didn't see it. And you know the ones. "I honestly didn't see it him leave early but if you say so, he's gone." They are few and far between however. In our league they are mainly if they didn't...
  8. Traenok

ASA question for the umps

Infield throws ball out of play its base you are going to plus one and from the outfield its base you are going to plus 2. Correct NCASAUmp? (ASA of course)
  9. Traenok

Any URGENT protesting a bat

troll much?
  10. Traenok

ASA Help with amateur umps

Our UIC from our Hagerstown league is going to spend an evening with them. Some is better than nothing. And in looking all over the net at various sites, I have found a few that have practice exams on the pages as well as some other things. Thanks everyone.
  11. Traenok

Our league is NOT an officially sanctioned member of ASA - however - we use ASA rules. Therefore we can't send anyone to clinics from the league - we can't buy books etc... plus funds are non-existent. We don't want to write any rules other than certain league specific rules already in place...
  12. Traenok

Commitment line? Double home plate?

Awesome stuff. Thanks board members.
  13. Traenok

I already have a rules book though - we have one from last year and this year. I play in a much more competitive league in Hagerstown MD. lol Some would say it is one of the largest Church leagues on the East Coast if not country. Last year we had 34 teams in 8 divisions and this year we have 36...
  14. Traenok

NCASAUmp - man - I used to have a link on here for my own entertainment of a league in WA state or Oregon - somewhere out there, that had a quick flash style quiz on it. It also had some really easy graphics for how to call strikes balls and some for ump placement on where to go when a play is...
  15. Traenok

Commitment line? Double home plate?

Our co-ed church league is struggling with plays at the plate. Almost every team in this league has catchers that, well, can't play any other position due to lack of skill, lack of athleticism or whatever. So to offset this - we are looking at going with a commitment line/double home...
  16. Traenok

Our co-ed church league has had its fill with pulling people out of the stands to help ump. We are the purest form of amateur co-ed church leagues. So to offset this - we are looking at getting 8 people to ump. Zero funds. These people are by the grace of God and themselves willing to...
  17. Traenok

USSSA Umpire Reneging on a Call

I absolutely hate this when I see it happen. Absolutely would rather an ump call time and correct himself then "make it up" later. We had an ump on Wednesday who did this.
  18. Traenok

USSSA ball 4, turn the bat around....

Ive seen that also. I lol'ed on that one.
  19. Traenok

ASA Switching stances...

Yeah, I meant in general - can you switch during an at bat. Question was mainly for that, nothing to do with interfering with the pitcher and all. I got into an argument with a guy at work who said - once you start an at bat as a righty - you have to stay righty thru duration of that at bat...