Search results

1. 5rings20

ASA-Softer Balls This Year?

I'm not as up to speed on some of the rules as a lot of you guys so I figure you might know. I played for the first time this year yesterday and the ball seemed so dead, and turned to mush a lot faster than I remember. I asked the blue after the game and he said they were using softer balls this...
  2. 5rings20

Is This Acceptable?

So, we won our lower league last season, so were forced to move up. We had a ok team, but it was a good group of guys that played well together. So,we show up for our first game for summer, and there are like 6 new guys. Some of the same guys we won with were rotating or sitting now. One of...
  3. 5rings20

Youth Vinci 10.5

Vinci Pro BRV1957 So my son gets a Vinci before I do, that's the way it goes I guess. I'll join the party at some point.
  4. 5rings20

Winning By Forfiet

So yesterday we went 2-1 at a tourney. Here's the thing. The first game started at 10:00, the other team was 10 min late, our coach had the option to wait or get the forfeit win. The second "win" was because the other team had alcohol in their dugout. I understand the second one, but I was kind...
  5. 5rings20

Blowing Up The Catcher

So yesterday at a tournament, we had a play at the plate. Our catcher got blown up, bad, shoulder to the chest. I guess it was legal, play went on. What is your view on it though, do you guys take out the catcher? I mean at the end of the day everyone has to go to work on Monday (I hope). I...
  6. 5rings20

How Our Season Ended....Rant

So, last day of the season, first playoff game, we win we go to the championship. Our right fielder misplays a ball, clears the bases for the other team. We blew our 6-2 lead right there. Bottom of the 6th, last inning because of time, that same right fielder gets on base by a random error, and...
  7. 5rings20

What Do You Prefer... Day Games Or Night Games

Kind of curious, when I first started playing, I loved the idea of playing under the lights, but now I prefer the earlier games. If the lighting isn't right, sometimes it takes a split second longer pick up, atleast for me, but then again you don't have to deal with the sun... So just a...
  8. 5rings20

The Thread To End The "I'm used to Hardball" excuse

I'm making this thread, because everytime I invite someone to have some BP, and they can't hit for crap, they say "i'm used to hardball". Hopefully you have came across this too, so you can shoot down that excuse with me. Baseball is harder on so many levels, I'm tired of the "I have a swing...
  9. 5rings20

And You Think You Know Your Team....(Ever Happen To You?)

Our team isn't world beaters, but we did finish the season 7-2, our 2 losses coming against the same team that is undefeated. We have good chemistry (our so I thought). Last night was the last game before playoffs, getting guys money for fall. We then find out a third of our team has defected...
  10. 5rings20

Turlock,Ca Area/Los Banos,Ca

Turlock/Atwater/Los Banos Area I know it's a long shot, but anyone looking for someone that needs someone anywhere in the Merced,Los Banos,Turlock,Atwater,Modesto area. Our team in Los Banos fell apart, so looking for a fall team on short notice.
  11. 5rings20

Dealing With Losses

I know this will come off as a rant, and probably a lot of you are older and wiser than to still get mad after a loss lol. BUT..... we were 5-1, played the team tonight that gave us the one loss, and lost by 16-10. I find myself getting mad at my team, really mad. If the other team drops hits...
  12. 5rings20

Your Glove Brand Of Choice

I used an old Louisville Slugger mitt until I bought a Mizuno on sale. I lost that one, so I'm thinking of getting a Rawlings. Rawlings always has had a good rep in my eyes, maybe because my first real glove was a Rawlings. I know there are some higher end gloves out there, I think Vinci was...
  13. 5rings20

Rank Your Softball Skills (Be Honest)

How would you rate your softball skills (1-10) in relation to your league? Speed,Hitting,Hitting for Power,Fielding,Arm?
  14. 5rings20

Field Positons (What Main Strategy Do You Use)

We usually play a straight up 4 outfielders. This last game though the opposing team was killing our left fielder. So the LF and me decided to put a guy in front of him, and let him play deep. I know this is highly unusual, and wouldn't always work, but it worked for us. It messed with them...
  15. 5rings20

What Size Glove Do You Use

I'm sure someone will say "this has been done 100s of times", but I'm new to the site, and was just wondering. I have a 14 inch glove I have been playing with this season, and lost it at the park the last game. My back up is a 13, I hope it doesn't throw me off any. I saw in the for sale...
  16. 5rings20

Any Ground Rule Double Ruling Help

Ok, I know I'm probably in the wrong, but I figured maybe you guys can shed some light on this for me. Scenario: Runner at first, ball hits third base, so it's fair, but the base causes it to go into foul ground. The field has a chain link fence all the way around, but where the ball went is...