Search results

1. M

Courtesy Runners

Looks like the USA softball rules are online now: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-softball/umpires/official-rulebook
  2. M

ASA Player Substitute While Batting?

And not to get pedantic or anything, but players don't call time.
  3. M

ASA BR touches white base at 1st on a close play

So I guess my question now is, the firstbaseman will have the ball in their glove while touching first base on a close play at first base. I believe in the situation where a runner leaves a base prior to a fielder contacting a caught fly ball the defense appeals by bringing the ball to the base...
  4. M

Thanks guys I thought I was right that it was an appeal play by the rule book. Our league has no rule to override it and I would totally be in support of adding such a rule for safety's sake. I'll respectfully ask the ump which player made the appeal should such a play ever happen to my team...
  5. M

Here's a play I've been wondering about for a few days. Nobody on, batter bats the ball to a middle infielder, runs to 1st, pretty speedy, narrowly beating the ball to 1st but the BR touched the white base. The BR is called out by the umpire for not using the safety base. Nothing was said by the...
  6. M

Official 2013 Result of Your Last AB Thread

tie game, bases loaded, bottom of the inning, no time left. Pitcher couldn't give me a hittable ball. Walk off walk =/
  7. M

ASA Ball in fair portion of batter's box

thanks all. it was definitely sitting there in fair territory but since he called it foul it was a foul. Didn't affect the outcome or anything, not worth asking him for clarification (and I'm not the manager) since we were up by about 15 runs.
  8. M

Cool, so the way it should go is the ump says nothing until one team realizes there is a play on at first? or can the ump say "fair ball"?
  9. M

The other week one of the women on our team hit the ball and it went about 6 inches staying inside the batters box but in the fair portion. Everybody stood there for a few seconds and the ump called the ball foul. Is there a fair portion of the batter's box in ASA? If so what's the right...