1 pitch tourny? Opinions please.

dunham

Coach
I am thinking about throwing a benifit tourney. I would like to get 12-15 teams. So thinking about making a 1 pitch tourny!! Either you hit or you walk. Need feedback!!!

MorganGrafixx

Extra Hitter
Just played a 1-pitch tourney a couple weekends ago. It was pretty fun (we won the whole thing so I guess I'm kinda bias). The only bad part was the thing was a round robin style. Can't say that I'm a huge fan of that bracket system, but whatever. It was good times had by most.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
1 pitch is a lot of fun as long as there aren't any great teams in the tourney. Open it up to local league teams.

kampy

Addicted to Softballfans
I would do a 1-1 count with the plate as a strike and no courtesy, this way it still keeps the games moving.

petersen302

Addicted to Softballfans
1-1 is the way to go. The only time a 1 pitch tourney is any good is if you are playing in a weekend tourney, and get rained out on Saturday, it gives you a way to rush through the tourney on Sunday.

jaj23

Eye Baller
I had a blast playing in a 1-pitch tourney a few weeks ago. You pitch to your own team and have 30 seconds between innings and a 30 minute time limit/game. You can play a 5 to 7 inning game in that time frame. We played 6 games in about 4 hours. I had about 4ABs /game. Part of the fun is trying to watch someone swing at a terribly high pitch or one that is behind them. It's hilarious. I fell down after one of my hits and nearly got thrown out at first from left field. The only thing I didn't like was the fences were short and the HR rule was 1-up.

There were no walks in our tourney... you either hit the pitch you get or you are out.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
TX Shootouts is what they call them in this area, not sure what they are called elsewhere

but imo 1 pitch tourneys suck bcus if your pitcher gets in a funk and can't throw consistent strikes you are ****ed

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
usually in a 1 pitch tourney though the strikezone is bigger. I like them games get over quick. normally play in all of the ones our area has.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
usually in a 1 pitch tourney though the strikezone is bigger. I like them games get over quick. normally play in all of the ones our area has.

maybe when your lame castalia league is done you fools can play a tourney over in norwalk, they have some tx shootouts...

it wasn't a tx shootout this past weekend but i threw together a team and we took 3rd in a round robin that advanced to a single elim.

atal

Addicted to Softballfans
We have a few charity one pitch tourneys in our area. They are a lot of fun, they are not to be taken seriously, but it is an excuse to get a lot of softball in one day and raise money for a good charity.

TinMan4Dub

Weekend Warrior
Never played in a in a 1 pitch tourney but however I have played in a 2 pitch and it was one of the funnest, wildest tourneys I've ever played in. Fast pace and a defensive must. In whatever you do, I wish you the best and know this....if you put it together, they will come. HaHaHa.

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
maybe when your lame castalia league is done you fools can play a tourney over in norwalk, they have some tx shootouts...

it wasn't a tx shootout this past weekend but i threw together a team and we took 3rd in a round robin that advanced to a single elim.

ya we usually play in the pc all nighter oak harbor and clyde. then we normally get in USSSA tournys in bg when we can.

Chowder

Addicted to Softballfans
I like the 1 pitch tournaments. It does put a TON of presure on the pitcher though. I wouldn't put a time limit on the games though, nothings worse than a good game ending due to time. I would also make the HR limit very high. Maybe even Unlimited HR's.

When people on here say 2 pitch tournament, you mean the count starts 2-2?

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
I like the 1 pitch tournaments. It does put a TON of presure on the pitcher though. I wouldn't put a time limit on the games though, nothings worse than a good game ending due to time. I would also make the HR limit very high. Maybe even Unlimited HR's.

When people on here say 2 pitch tournament, you mean the count starts 2-2?

most 1 pitch tournaments i have played in go 5hr then 1up rule. and 1 pitch usually lasts 50m tops..

jamelie22

Star Player
Go with 1 pitch, but teams pitch to themselves. No balls or strikes...just swings. Games go so much faster you can get 9 innings in. Your call on using 9 or 10 fielders, but blowing up the pitcher goes away when guys have to pitch to teammates.

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
Go with 1 pitch, but teams pitch to themselves. No balls or strikes...just swings. Games go so much faster you can get 9 innings in. Your call on using 9 or 10 fielders, but blowing up the pitcher goes away when guys have to pitch to teammates.

**** it i hate my pitcher i would blow him up 2.

kaerey

Addicted to Softballfans
Never even heard of this before but a drunk Saturday of 1-own team-pitched-hit or out softball sounds like a hellova good time.

jfh

Addicted to Softballfans
TX Shootouts is what they call them in this area, not sure what they are called elsewhere

but imo 1 pitch tourneys suck bcus if your pitcher gets in a funk and can't throw consistent strikes you are ****ed

call them one pitch tourneys here.....

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
One pitch tournaments are good to play in on the friday night before tomorrow's Saturday tournament gets Rained out...if the forecast calls for a big rain on Saturday we will play in a one pitch pm Friday in other words...consequently one pitch tournaments are a GREAT way to pick up TERRIBLE hitting habits

sheaba

Addicted to Softballfans
1 pitch to your own team. hit or out unlimited homeruns swing what ever u bring is a blast.