2010 veteran senior bat

AZTOMC

Addicted to Softballfans
I had the opportunity to hit the Senior Veteran bat today. All I can say is it is right there with the U2 and Combat Senior bats!!! The ball jumps off this bat very well. We put around 150 hits on this bat right out of the wrapper. And (if I did this correctly) nothing but dirt marks on the bat.

This bat is the real deal!

Last edited:

maddogsoftball

Banned User
That is a Wallop! Made by the same company. My dad has the white Veteran in Big Sky for senior softball. The whole team uses the bat and he lost count how many hits it has. Of course he also can't remember his car keys :)
The team played a game the other day and he said the team put down the U2 and used the white vet because it was too cold. Dad said the team also noticed the white vet hit with the U2 as well. I just ordered one for fun. Hoping my Dad would get one for free but no dice.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
I had the opportunity to hit the Senior Veteran bat today. All I can say is it is right there with the U2 and Combat Senior bats!!! The ball jumps off this bat very well. We put around 150 hits on this bat right out of the wrapper. And (if I did this correctly) nothing but dirt marks on the bat.

This bat is the real deal!

Great info... so these bats come end-loaded ...?? Can you post a youtube video of the BP... ?
LMK
Thanks... :D

allsoftball

Banned User
I picked up my white veteran yesterday and took bp this morning. This new bat is the real deal and will stand toe to toe with any senor bat out there. Judging for the beating we gave today I would say it might outlast the other senior bats as well.
com'on guys....$159 with a 30 day warranty and hits like a U2 and is durable. I know this bat has been in the works for a year now and he has got it right.

AZTOMC

Addicted to Softballfans
We currently have up to 28oz bats but we can get one made for you. It will take a few weeks to get it from the factory. But, it can be done.

AZTOMC

Addicted to Softballfans
My guess is that the bat is being made in a balanced model only, but ya never know. I will find out.

AZTOMC

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's the info on end loaded bats, $10 surcharge for custom made bat and a 4-6 week wait.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
hmm, how does that affect the certification being able to add an endload or a couple extra oz's? don't endloaded bats typically need to be toned down slightly to pass the same tests as a balanced version? i mean you're changing the MOI quite a bit if you're going from a balanced 28 to an endloaded 30. might be an interesting way to get a little extra pop

tattooball

The bat has not been approved for ss-usa anyways. Changing the endload is altering the bat. SS-USA only approves the weight of the bat that it has test results for. They must have the bat tested at NYU and and all weights need to be tested to be approved.

AZTOMC

Addicted to Softballfans
Where are you getting your information from Trumpball? How do you know it's not been approved?

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
The Veteran Senior is only offered in 26,27,28 and is balanced. My Trumpball is correct about the 30 oz. The Veteran is approved by SSUSA.
AZTOMC was given the wrong info from my office.

Thank you,

Bill

Last edited:

AZTOMC

Addicted to Softballfans
I have personally seen the letter from Terry Hennessey at SSUSA saying that the Veteran is good to go. Trumpball needs to get his facts straight before he makes false accusations.

But, the bat is only approved in 26, 27 and 28oz balanced models at this time.

HITTS

The bat has not been approved for ss-usa anyways. Changing the endload is altering the bat. SS-USA only approves the weight of the bat that it has test results for. They must have the bat tested at NYU and and all weights need to be tested to be approved.

This is from my understanding of senior Veterans bat production

Red bat 1st production late summer/fall 2009
Blue bat no graphic 1st production March 2010
I used mine at SSUSA Rock'n Reno 2010

Blue bat with patriotic graphic April 2010
White Veteran lastest model.

USSSA is the Wallop

AZTOMC

Addicted to Softballfans
So your Veteran was good to go in Reno 2010? Must be SSUSA approved.

Mr. Trumpball may be a little nervous about having some competition.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
So what's the deal... do you guys need to submit an EL model bat for testing... ?? Can I get an El Veteran bat... ??

AZTOMC

Addicted to Softballfans
At the current time the Veteran will only be in 26, 27 and 28oz balanced models. We will work on the end loaded versions and see what we can do in the future. But, the balanced models are great bats, you can't go wrong with them.

birddog06

Addicted to Softballfans
Just ordered a 27...cant wait to try it out and give some feedback. I think there was only 1 left when I checked a couple hours ago.

tmel95

Freedom Sports Director
vet. bat

I got the senior bat yesterday .This bats the real deal I think the one i have was hitting right outta the wrapper as well as any u2.I cant honestly say about durability but right out of the gate(no pun intended) the veteran bat is very GTG.

I will post updates after this weekend .I am letting a local senior team demo it at a tournament.