2010 veteran senior bat

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
They are the same.

One is white with Veteran lettering
The other is the God Bless American edition which you can order for a Auguest delivery.

thanks,
Bill

birdman12

Addicted to Softballfans
I got the senior bat yesterday .This bats the real deal I think the one i have was hitting right outta the wrapper as well as any u2.I cant honestly say about durability but right out of the gate(no pun intended) the veteran bat is very GTG.

I will post updates after this weekend .I am letting a local senior team demo it at a tournament.

I had the one with american graphics and it lasted about 200 swings. It was hot as hell though. Waiting on a replacement now though...

allsoftball

Banned User
When you get the new bat you will be very happy. I had the American Vet as well and it lasted about 300 hits but the new one is much different but not in performance. Just in the life of the bat as it will give you the same pop but for a much longer time.

HITTS

I had the one with american graphics and it lasted about 200 swings. It was hot as hell though. Waiting on a replacement now though...

I have the blue Veteran model which has about 300 hits on it. It's hot and still ticking. They put too much glue on the endcap so I have a little pebble sound. I'm not a masher so very little webbing. I like this bat. I'm using it as a back-up for now, due to 2 bats coming to their life's end:(.

bostonnm

Addicted to Softballfans
I used the 27 oz White Veteran this past weekend along w/ a couple of teammates. None of us liked it. It sounded like crap and the ball just didn't carry. Of the 4 guys using it 3 of are are Hr hitters and the other a singles hitter. Maybe it needs to be broken in, only had about 30 BP cuts before this weekend. But the sound was awful. Not even close to my U11.
I will give it another shot this weekend before I decide to keep it,dump it or maybe go to a 28.

sfgiant

Part Time Player
To each his own. Our team has some guys that don't like the Veteran and another group that love it. I think the key to the bat is putting 200 plus hits to get it to open up and then the having a bat that might be somewhat less than the U2 (other think it might be better) but will last. I have been in baseball for 40 years and opinions on what is good, bad or ulgy is across the board.

socalsenior

Banned User
I noticed the sound as well. At first I did not like it but as the bat started to break in the sound changed. Like the giant we also have some players that liked it, some that loved and some that will stick with their U2. IMO the Veteran is not a bat to replace the U2 but to offer a another choice. It is a different bat and not a U2 copy. I think it will take some time and in such we will see more of the vets on the field.

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
Bats are somewhat of a love/hate relationship and I understand that not everyone is going to like the Veteran, U2 or whatever bat does not fit your feel and desire. If you have a Veteran and do not like it please let me know and we can see if there is something that can be done to help. Any feedback, good or bad is wanted, respected and considered. Please let me know your thoughts.

thank you
Bill
[email protected]

socalsenior

Banned User
I was thinking about the first few times I hit the Veteran and had same reaction. Did not like the sound and thought the bat was less than the U2. Overall I did not like it based on first impression and my swing memory with the U2. Then I realized that it was not bad but different and once started to get used to the feel I noticed the distance started to increase and after 200 hits the sound changed. Like most seniors and their bats I want my cake and eat it too. I have no way to give a science based test to see which bat can out hit the other. They are close with the U2 may be getting the upper hand. What I think is important here is in the hit count as the Vet is breaking in the U2 is breaking. So the question is this. If the U2 can add 10 feet but cracks in 150 hits and the Veteran can last 800 hits and both are close in distance than it can be a logical choice for the two and as I feel maybe have both. I will state for the record that after 500 hits now I think the Vet is equal to the U2 in my mind with my swing. How it does with yours might be another story. On another side note I think the U2 has such a cult following and just a huge fan base that many are going to not like anything new that comes along. I don't know much about the Veteran company only that it is small and very hands on since my bat arrived with a shipping label that was hand done.
I think the guy behind the bat is well tuned to the needs and wants of senior softball and I have only talked to him once for a short time at that. Seems like a nice guy and he does know about hitting from what I got from our talk. This is my two cents worth and hope I did not ramble on too much.

allsoftball

Banned User
The vet is not better or worse than the other senior bats.....it just is....a bat of choice for those that are looking for a great senor bat that last.
It might not match the U2 for distance for some but many like me don't hit that hard and the Vet swings lighter and with more ease for me. For my swing the Vet is the same in distance but I have never had a senior bat last 1000 swings.

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit my new white Veteran (27oz.)this is a different bat than the blue one I had. Even the grip is much better! I hit 60 balls off the tee and after #25 the sound changed and I was hitting many balls well over 300'. Mahalo Bill this bat is a much better product and I believe will get much better as I use it! Aloha, Fabe