2011 Detroit Tigers OFFICIAL Thread

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Still my all-time least favorite move by any Detroit team. :(

i wasnt necessarily happy with it, but it looked like we were getting younger and we were gonna play alot of young guys and we may suck but at least we would know what we had. then all of a sudden he decides oh wait i gotta fill the stands and trys to be competitive by overpaying for Damon. I hate him as a GM with a passion

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
Damon was stupid. This offseason they had the money to compete with boston for crawford and chose not to, and Dunn cant be worse in the OF than Ordonez. My problem with Dombrowski is he never seems to have a direction. He got rid of Granderson and Edwin Jackson. Seemingly to get younger and rebuild, then burns money on over the hill veterans. My complaint is get young and let them play through the ups and downs and build a farm or add the right pieces to make a run. you cant do both

they just couldnt justify cashing in all their chips in on crawford....hows that working out for boston, i mean he is batting 7th instead at the top....Granderson on the other hand ya would i like to see him in the old english D ya but understand that he is going to want top dollar and for them to get a 5 tool player in jackson who is young and cheap sure why not let NY take on that contract. Jackson will get things turned around.....the 2006 team didnt have the big names and contracts just guys who came to work everyday and worked hard....guys without proven track records,thames,monroe,zumaya,verlander, i mean nate robertson, mike maroth will he wasnt hurt.....going into that year they were looking at mags,pudge,kenny rogers and bonderman to be the leaders and guys to carry the load, they didnt have real big names they just played well together and believed in on another....

so i see the direction they went in puttin smaller pieces together like before and working hard again just like the city of detroit, blue collar workers....if everyone played like will rhymes did last year when he was called up this team would go a long ways.....

Like Tom Izzo (the greatest coach in the world) says PPTPW = Players play but tough players win

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
If there going to bat martinez behind miggy then he needs to step up. 0-5?!?!?!! come on man!!

i agree here but most latino players early in the season especially in cold climates tend to have slow starts...have faith sitck it out still a big threat if not V-mart we got boesch who is very consistent

phatmanswingin

Phat Member
i wasnt necessarily happy with it, but it looked like we were getting younger and we were gonna play alot of young guys and we may suck but at least we would know what we had. then all of a sudden he decides oh wait i gotta fill the stands and trys to be competitive by overpaying for Damon. I hate him as a GM with a passion

You don't want to bring smith back do ya?

mrhollywood_95

Another Year Older
Be careful not to eat too much of the Tigers butter. I'm glad they are starting to play better, but Chicago is horrible right now and Seattle before them. Hopefully they can take 2 of 3 from the Mariners coming up and then they have a date with the Indians. Then we will see how good they really are.

phatmanswingin

Phat Member
Be careful not to eat too much of the Tigers butter. I'm glad they are starting to play better, but Chicago is horrible right now and Seattle before them. Hopefully they can take 2 of 3 from the Mariners coming up and then they have a date with the Indians. Then we will see how good they really are.

True enough but the idea is to beat the teams they're supposed to beat and they're starting to. This tigers have historically had trouble with the bad teams.

automatic d

Drinkin with Miguel
Gonna be 2 sweeps in a row. WTF kinda lineup is that? Kelly batting third? What the ****!!!!! Boesch needs to be 3 and Avila in the 5 hole until V-Mart gets back. Marlboro Man is just throwing in the towel. Give him the pink slip
:mad:

Go Blue !!!!

DBO and Solo King !
Gonna be 2 sweeps in a row. WTF kinda lineup is that? Kelly batting third? What the ****!!!!! Boesch needs to be 3 and Avila in the 5 hole until V-Mart gets back. Marlboro Man is just throwing in the towel. Give him the pink slip

It is getting totally unreak in the D...Every team in baseball keep their best lineup in every nigh tbut Leyland mixes it up almost every night

automatic d

Drinkin with Miguel
It is getting totally unreak in the D...Every team in baseball keep their best lineup in every nigh tbut Leyland mixes it up almost every night

Lineup is a little better tonight, but when is the Magglio experiment gonna be done? They have him in RF tonight..............SERIOUSLY??? He is a HUGE liability in RF

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans

i love how you guys think he is giving up and should be fired......he is or was trying to shake things up and well looks like it is workin and well ya its great to have Vmart on fire but everyone is gettin warm.....it was only like 25 games in and ya'll are wanting the fire sale, when its a 162 game season jus be patient my lil grasshopper....

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
i love how you guys think he is giving up and should be fired......he is or was trying to shake things up and well looks like it is workin and well ya its great to have Vmart on fire but everyone is gettin warm.....it was only like 25 games in and ya'll are wanting the fire sale, when its a 162 game season jus be patient my lil grasshopper....

Glad I'm not the only optimist around here. Glad we got a win in PIT :rolleyes: but would like to see more consistent bats. Our SP has been unbelievable so far this year. No joke playoff caliber pitching. I hope it holds out.

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
its just that people think cause they lose 2 or 3 in a row that the coach is giving up cause i dont know about anyone else but he gives up he he gets fired which means he doesnt get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just like peeps who dont perform at work they get let go.......its a long season

and for those who dont know the tigers have the best record in the AL since May 3rd if that tells ya that ol skip is giving up your wrong go TIGERS

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
tigers r on the prowl made up a full game last night beatin sox and the tribe losing........doors open need penny to walk us through it

A-Bombs

Part Time Player
J. V. is gonna start this CLE series off tonight! I love when he starts off big series ... wouldn't have anyone else blazing the way for the rest of the series.

Who is going to be the key in the next couple of weeks? They are going to be a BIG couple of weeks ...

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
J. V. is gonna start this CLE series off tonight! I love when he starts off big series ... wouldn't have anyone else blazing the way for the rest of the series.

Who is going to be the key in the next couple of weeks? They are going to be a BIG couple of weeks ...

Cleveland (as they've shown recently) doesn't have the pitching they'd shown earlier this season. They've been playing way over their heads.

That being said, I think our table setters will be key in this series. If Jackson, Kelly, and Mags/Boesch can routinely get on base, we will score some runs.

I also think Magglio's defense will be interesting to keep an eye on. He's so slow and gimpy. While BB doesn't take the best routes to the ball, he's athletic enough to make up for it. Again last night, a base hit fell in front of Mags that BB/Casper/Dirks would have gotten to, no problem. If Magglio's bat gets going it'll be irrelevant, but I really shudder watching him in RF.

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
tigers will win 2 of 3 in this series JV and mad max prolly both complete games IJS..........first place never tasted so good

cebarnold

Addicted to Softballfans
I missed the game last night, but from what I can get from the highlights, columns, etc. Verlander had his off-speed stuff going last night big time. 12K's and only a single BB w/ 2 hits? Awesome night. Glad to see that from our ace!

Other than that TB game he's been pretty dang consistently dominant.

I hate to say it though, I'm not putting my heart and emotion into them until they show that they can sustain their rise through the 2nd half of the year. I hate seeing the annual decline in the 2nd half...

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
tigers will win 2 of 3 in this series JV and mad max prolly both complete games IJS..........first place never tasted so good

man jv made me look real smart just 5 outs from another no hitter AGAIN!!!!!!

Go get'em tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
u have got to be kidding me 7 of his last 9 starts he has averaged 8inn per start 3almost no no's 3cgs has to be the best rt now in the show

LittleJeff2

Been here forever......
Here we are in September and the Tigers finally got
their sh** together... JV is a stud and whole team is just
mashing the ball... hopefully they can keep it up...

cebarnold

Addicted to Softballfans
Here we are in September and the Tigers finally got
their sh** together... JV is a stud and whole team is just
mashing the ball... hopefully they can keep it up...

The past 10 games have been really impressive - they're finding ways to win from a number of people. The pickups for the most part have been great - even w/ some suspect defense.

I'm really glad that the slide hasn't happened yet. If they lose the division now it would be a colossal collapse - even for the Tigers. I don't see it happening.

ssf

Too tired to care
The past 10 games have been really impressive - they're finding ways to win from a number of people. The pickups for the most part have been great - even w/ some suspect defense.

I'm really glad that the slide hasn't happened yet. If they lose the division now it would be a colossal collapse - even for the Tigers. I don't see it happening.

Any time I see those words, all I think of is 1987. Goddam Blue Jays.