2013 23rd Annual Band-Aid Tourney

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
Are we really bitching about paying $325 for a 6 game tournament?! I'm sure John could run it for $175 but you aren't getting umpires or new balls. Come on now. Around here you pay $350 for a double elimination tourney so paying a little less for 6 games is not bad at all.

Simmer down Tiger. No one is bitching. Its a matter of 2 different means (Band Aid flyer vs. USSSA site) having 2 different prices. In order for the tourney to go on like last months in Vegas (2 seperate tournies for a chance to double up on points) they had to raise the price. Either way, it s a great deal and a great tourney. Roger Hockey (the USSSA Military direcotr) has been approved to come out and run it so John K. can focus on coaching. John is just doing all the leg work, as I did for Vegas. He is open to suggestions. It will run as smooth as it always has.

This Band-Aid tourney you all speak of that has been going on now for 23 years. Is it the same one that started at the Air Force Academy? I think it was held at Lackland a time or two. If so, when did it become a base team tourney? Not what I had in mind 23 years ago when I came up with the idea, but glad to see it is still going in some fashion.

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
This Band-Aid tourney you all speak of that has been going on now for 23 years. Is it the same one that started at the Air Force Academy? I think it was held at Lackland a time or two. If so, when did it become a base team tourney? Not what I had in mind 23 years ago when I came up with the idea, but glad to see it is still going in some fashion.

Stormtracker, I think in 2009 rr 2010 it started letting base teams in it. The tourney was going to die due to lack of intrest/teams entering until Wade let other teams in. Now, its the second biggest mil tourney in the US besides worlds.

lrod030

Pets?

Are these games being played on base? Will pets be allowed? We are trying to figure out whether or not we should bring them on the trip with us. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tiger10kga

Intramural All-Star
Pets

They are being played on base. There is a no pet policy for the complex but I'm not sure how strictly it will be enforced.

FUPA

Addicted to Softballfans
Stormtracker, I think in 2009 rr 2010 it started letting base teams in it. The tourney was going to die due to lack of intrest/teams entering until Wade let other teams in. Now, its the second biggest mil tourney in the US besides worlds.

Actually they did the Varsity side back in 2004. I think there was 6 teams entered and Randolph won it that year. The following year it moved to Little Rock and Lackland or AFA won it that year.

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually they did the Varsity side back in 2004. I think there was 6 teams entered and Randolph won it that year. The following year it moved to Little Rock and Lackland or AFA won it that year.

I stand corrected! Love your face G

Rhodi#1

Addicted to Softballfans
Little Rock

G,
I actually think Sheppard won it that year in Little Rock....Been a few years and a lot of beers it was Lackland, Sheppard and AFA in the end.

J

mkebersole

Manager
Updated list of teams:

Varsity
1) WP/Diamonds- OH
2) West Coast DRASH/Gov't Issue- CA
3) Scrubs- IL
4) Holloman Varsity- NM
5) Peterson AFB/Holy Cow- CO
6) Schriever AFB- CO
7) 2nd Amendment- CO
8) Reloaded- TX
9) Vance AFB Softball Club- OK
10) Coast 2 Coast- CA
11) JBSA-Lackland Warhawks- TX
12) Nellis AFB- NV
13) Overrated- AZ
14) Ft. Riley/East Coast Athletics- KS
15) Bad Intentions/BNT- CO
16) Old Balls/New Sticks- AZ
17) Honey Badger Mafia- TX
18) McConnell Softball- KS
19) Warren Wranglers- WY
20) No Skillz(CAFB)- NM
21) Team Offutt- NE
22) FBT/Worth Drash- TX

Intramural
1) Space Pigs- CO
2) Team Kirtland- NM
3) USAFA- CO
4) Bonesaw- CO
5) Devastators- CO
6) Diablos- CO
7) Got the Runs- CO
8) Mayhem- CO
9) USAG- CO
10) Peterson Medics Softball- CO

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
They must have been letting you get away with the New Mexico/Texas strike......lol

Lol, I know all about that strike but they were actually all good pitches. Dudes just watched them. They knuckled from an inside pitch to right over the heart of the plate.

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
the tourney doesn't start for another week, they'll probably be out by Wednesday as a best guess..or atleast the day of the deadline to enter (not sure when that is/was)

Either way BIGCOUNTRY19, my team is gonna smash your team.....oh wait....nevermind