2013 Halloween Mud Bash Tournament Spartan Sports Park, Chatham, Illinois

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Have some things to change next year. Super glad it's over!! Thanks to everyone who came out and played! It was a good time, but I'm sooo ready for a lazy afternoon on the couch watching some football!!! Until next year.....

maybe upper and lower divisions. Keep bracket that way until champ game.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
All I hope is Solo or Bust 3.0 doesn't get the wildest draw in the world next year! Last year we played the teams that took 1st, 2nd, and 4th and this year every team but the one we beat made the semis! We could play the best teams in the world and still have fun over there though.... :D

Repp459

Addicted to Softballfans
I would like to see a 3 game pool play seeded to a double elimination tournament personally, would cut down on teams forfeiting for sure.

lilmctag

Addicted to Softballfans
I would like to see a 3 game pool play seeded to a double elimination tournament personally, would cut down on teams forfeiting for sure.

That is one option I have been thinking about for next year. I still have plenty of time before I need to make any decisions. I'm running through several ideas. :)

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I had talked to some guys on the sbf team who suggested something similar. More of a "there to have fun" bracket instead of a lower division.

Then you run into guys who just come to kick the **** out of someone placing themselves in the "there to have fun" bracket. I know our 3rd game was far from fun until Steph shut the middle down...

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
well brackets would be on the honor system for the most part. I have seen tourneys played this way and a team sandbagged into the lower bracket so TD told them, get bumped up to upper when bracket play starts and also be the lowest ranked team or C YA!!!

Fatt_Tony_13

Fatt boy on a diet...
Then you run into guys who just come to kick the **** out of someone placing themselves in the "there to have fun" bracket. I know our 3rd game was far from fun until Steph shut the middle down...

Nah because the "there to have fun" bracket doesnt pay out as well as the "why so serious?" bracket.

rommel51

VP of Jock Strap cleaning
can we have a bracket that is "get drunk and have fun, Im not to good of a softball player but I still like to play and try hard but not to hard but I want to win all the time" bracket

doog314

Star Player
can we have a bracket that is "get drunk and have fun, Im not to good of a softball player but I still like to play and try hard but not to hard but I want to win all the time" bracket

we fell under to comedic relief part of the bracket!

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
I had talked to some guys on the sbf team who suggested something similar. More of a "there to have fun" bracket instead of a lower division.
Go back to seperate pools and put all of those teams in the same pool so they can have fun playing each other.
20 teams.
4 pools of 5 teams.
You play everyone in your pool and then single elimination tourney - 5 game guarantee.
Nah because the "there to have fun" bracket doesnt pay out as well as the "why so serious?" bracket.
Screw the payouts. How many teams are actually there looking to win money?
Take the payout money and have t-shirts or beer mugs made for the championship team.
It's supposed to be a fun, end of the season tourney - right?

LetsgetCrazy

Smack Talkin' Pitcher
Go back to seperate pools and put all of those teams in the same pool so they can have fun playing each other.
20 teams.
4 pools of 5 teams.
You play everyone in your pool and then single elimination tourney - 5 game guarantee.

Take the payout money and have t-shirts or beer mugs made for the championship team.

That's the problem with softball in IL, no one plays for fun, there's always money on the line and people taking this joke of a game far to seriously.

rommel51

That's the problem with softball in IL, no one plays for fun, there's always money on the line and people taking this joke of a game far to seriously.

I didn't even know there was a cash payout.

We was listening to eazy E and I was creeping and crawling before our last game sat night. When Im creeping and crawling you know Im having fun. Then some DB called our wives bitches. Talk about taking things to serious.

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
20 teams.
4 pools of 5 teams.

then people will ***** about what pool they were in.

we can talk to steph about this, but the entry free should cover field rental and umps, and t-shirts/**** to the top x-number of teams. no more money payouts. too cold for that crap anyway.

quillers32

Addicted to Softballfans
Only have 3 "elite" players per team means this was a lower classed tournament. As far as the payouts go if there aren't any payouts you will probably cut the amount of tes in half.

rommel51

Only have 3 "elite" players per team means this was a lower classed tournament. As far as the payouts go if there aren't any payouts you will probably cut the amount of tes in half.

you might be right but I didn't go up there to win money. We tried to win the tourney though. I didn't even really know there was money. I mean i knew it was a money tourney but never thought about how much or anything.

Fatt_Tony_13

Fatt boy on a diet...

But the teams that show up will be there to have fun, which is the whole idea behind this tournament. At least it has been as long as Ive been playing.

lilmctag

Addicted to Softballfans
First, I have always ran this as a cash tourney. Out of the 20 teams that played this past weekend half, if not a few more play in it because it is a cash tourney. I know there are a lot of opinions, and I appreciate them all. But it's still a year away and I will make the determination of what to do later. I know that I'm not able to please everyone. Yes it's supposed to be fun and from most of the feedback I have gotten, it still is fun... Thanks again to everyone for playing. :)

quillers32

Addicted to Softballfans
But the teams that show up will be there to have fun, which is the whole idea behind this tournament. At least it has been as long as Ive been playing.

I think all the teams that did show up did have fun....if it wasn't fun we wouldn't play right??

LetsgetCrazy

Smack Talkin' Pitcher

You'd lose less than half of the teams, but would gain some teams........plus the douche baggery level would drop considerably.

quillers32

Addicted to Softballfans
You'd lose less than half of the teams, but would gain some teams........plus the douche baggery level would drop considerably.

You're always going to have "douche bags" no matter what class you play...Lower level or upper level. A lot of people seem to forget that this game is here for fun and take it a lot more serious than need be.

rat bastard

First, I have always ran this as a cash tourney. Out of the 20 teams that played this past weekend half, if not a few more play in it because it is a cash tourney. I know there are a lot of opinions, and I appreciate them all. But it's still a year away and I will make the determination of what to do later. I know that I'm not able to please everyone. Yes it's supposed to be fun and from most of the feedback I have gotten, it still is fun... Thanks again to everyone for playing. :)

Exactly,....you do a hell of a job! If you do any changes, an upper/lower would be my suggestion...upper gets cash...lower gets Malort!:p