2013 Worlds

chillywilly777

Addicted to Softballfans
Come up with $365 is the correct answer. Directors can make exceptions to any rule a state has in place and they usually do.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Pay them their money!!! That's all that matters. If a local director says you have to play in XX amount of tournaments they are wrong. Just find another director who will allow you to play.

spos21ram

The Legend
You have to play in the States, Nationals, and qualify to go to worlds in Rhode Island....well unless the director is a buddy of yours.

ScottSvirsky

Addicted to Softballfans
States and regionals up here in the northeast. But we all know that doesnt apply to teams in Florida.

The reason I started the thread is b/c in FL were required to play 2 NITs plus states and I was curious what other state directors require. So much for your theory.

mkejohnson

"That" Guy
State and a nationals here in VA. There are a couple of Nationals to choose from. Usually you have to earn a berth or have over 1000 points.

tpswhit

here in Florida a team must compete in their respective State championships , and 2 NIT's (we offer the 2nd NIT in lieu of a National)....Scott i understand your wanting to go but you drove 3 hours south for a fun tournament the same weekend as states. These specific requirements were posted on the local softball chat site. I believe that every state mandates that you play in the State tournament.....

whit

creative10

Banned User
Hey op check out the teams from fl that have only played one tournament or no tournament's in the listings of D world teams..there goes ur theory.

lvnoonan

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey op check out the teams from fl that have only played one tournament or no tournament's in the listings of D world teams..there goes ur theory.

C'mon Colby the "Win a trip to the worlds" tourney isn't enough!! I like the 2 D teams with an E NIT listed as their only tourney.

bis25

Throwin hunnits
As Synergy40 can attest, we played a Florida team last year whose only tournament played was one of those Disney Slowpitch Slam tournaments in May, so Florida can suck a **** when it comes to "requirements"

IrishRich

Addicted to Softballfans
2 years ago when I was still playing in NY (living in both NY and FL) we played a team at E worlds that was considered a D team in Florida, that never even played Utrip before. Bis25 knows what I am talking about.

Last edited:

here in Florida a team must compete in their respective State championships , and 2 NIT's (we offer the 2nd NIT in lieu of a National)....Scott i understand your wanting to go but you drove 3 hours south for a fun tournament the same weekend as states. These specific requirements were posted on the local softball chat site. I believe that every state mandates that you play in the State tournament.....

whit

Based on many of the teams in the D bracket, this statement is false because there are at least 4 Florida teams could be more with only 1 or 2 tournaments, so they didn't play in the 3 you say the "must" compete in?