2014 Band Aid

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Last time I spoke with John he was trying to get the fields at Carson. He said Sky View wanted his first born child to get the fields.

HitThisMF

Addicted to Softballfans
Last time I spoke with John he was trying to get the fields at Carson. He said Sky View wanted his first born child to get the fields.

Carson and Skyview are about the same in price. I was in the Sports Office yesterday actually and they are in talks about moving it to Skyview potentially for the right deal. I don't think you guys will be playing this on Carson from the looks of it. That is a win for you! You cannot beat playing on a all Turf Complex with a full Bar and Grill inside with the complex as a Beer Garden.

Can't wait to see how the turf turns out. Always thought sky view was a waste of what could have been a good complex. Those outfields were just as bad as Peterson the past 2 years.

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Just got word we will be at sky view.

Just need to get them to run beer specials now!!!!! drove by the fields on Sunday and they have some turf finished but mostley between fields and part of one field. As long as they have good weather this week they should be starting to lay some more.

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Carson and Skyview are about the same in price. I was in the Sports Office yesterday actually and they are in talks about moving it to Skyview potentially for the right deal. I don't think you guys will be playing this on Carson from the looks of it. That is a win for you! You cannot beat playing on a all Turf Complex with a full Bar and Grill inside with the complex as a Beer Garden.

From what I was told the city cut a pretty good deal to have it a Skyview.

HitThisMF

Addicted to Softballfans
if this is 100% true, that's awesome. Everything I've always heard from Stick & Wade that Carson wanted a fortune as to why they hadn't moved it yet.

Hope they won't charge an entry fee

What you heard about Carson is true. I love there IF's but again, the fields slope so bad out there.

Skyview is a go. Congratulations gentlemen! It just turned into a must stop for all of you.

if this is 100% true, that's awesome. Everything I've always heard from Stick & Wade that Carson wanted a fortune as to why they hadn't moved it yet.

Hope they won't charge an entry fee

I'm sure there will be an entry fee. This is a nice facility especially now with the turf. Bar and grill in the middle. Lots of porch space. I can't wait for this one.

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Kenny, are you helping John run it?

Ryan, how are you going to be in town again and not give me a holler.

Sorry bro i didi a turn and burn on Sunday. Was just there to get some cuts on the new sticks and played 2 indoor games. And then hit the road back home. I will be back down im sure in the future. Im sure I will see you for the March 8th tourney.

Sorry bro i didi a turn and burn on Sunday. Was just there to get some cuts on the new sticks and played 2 indoor games. And then hit the road back home. I will be back down im sure in the future. Im sure I will see you for the March 8th tourney.

Your good bro. I figured as much. How's that indoor going? I will see you March 8th.

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Pretty good I guess. Its a little different set up being on a small indoor field and hitting incrediballs, but at least I get some swings. I wont fly in from CA TDY until late that afternoon so im not sure if I will be able to make it on the 8th. If it is a 2 day event i will be there for day 2.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
I know that it is early, but what teams are on the attendee list as of right now? What will the HR rule be, for example:

Varsity A vs Varsity A = 12 homeruns
Varsity A vs Varsity B = 8 homeruns
Varsity A vs Varsity B = discussion (one team says 12 and the other says 4 so
they will be allowed 8)
Varsity B vs Varsity B = 4 homeruns

?????????????????????????????????????????

DE_FSA_Director

Extra Hitter
Last year we got 8 in Varsity A at Band-Aid

I know that it is early, but what teams are on the attendee list as of right now? What will the HR rule be, for example:

Varsity A vs Varsity A = 12 homeruns
Varsity A vs Varsity B = 8 homeruns
Varsity A vs Varsity B = discussion (one team says 12 and the other says 4 so
they will be allowed 8)
Varsity B vs Varsity B = 4 homeruns

?????????????????????????????????????????

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
I am guessing that number will go up as the new USSSA Military Rules allow 12 homeruns for Varsity A games.

Code3

For those of you in the SoCal area or can make the trip, our next Code3 tourney is April 19th. Quakes Epicenter, 3GG, Easton provided, 6 hr then 1 up, Strict 6-10 pitching no plate or mat, Upper and Lower Division. 350 + one time $30 ASA fee if not paid for 2014.

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Here is a tenative team list as of right now excluding the intramural division.

Varsity Division
1) Dyess AFB - TX
2) No Skillz - NM
3) Government Issue - CA (A)
4) Scrubs - IL
5) Team Wright-Patt - OH
6) Over Rated - AZ
7) CTR - CO
8) SoCo Military Softball/Holy Cow - CO (A)
9) Scrappers - CO
10) Team Reloaded - TX (A)
11) JBSA-Lackland Warhawks - TX
12) Holloman AFB Varsity - NM
13) AFIs/Nellis Blue - NV
14) Warren Wranglers - WY
15) FBT - TX
16) Ghost Riders - CO (A)
17) AFIs/Nellis Gold - NV
18) JTF/Midwest - ??? (A)
19) TK Outlawz - NM
20) Sticks Unlimited - OH (A)
21) Buckley Bombers - CO
22) Scrapalators/Worth – NC (A)
23) Peterson AFB/Holy Cow – CO

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Who's the ghost riders? Academy guys? Nice showing of A teams. Ryan, you coming into the Springs tomorrow?

Nah an My son had a baseball game in Aurora. It was the first time i have been able to see him play. I will be in Aurora next weekend for the NIT though.

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Ghost Riders was called "Old Balls New Sticks' last year... ;) Same core group...Missing a few and picking up a few new...

Actually, it's pretty much a completely different team. There are only 4 or 5 guys coming back this year which sucks, we had a badass team last year and had a lot of fun playing and winning with this group.

As for the HR's, I spoke with someone involved in the tourney and was told 8 HR's is what it will be again this year for A and B. Screens are still up in the air, hopefully not but I'm sure Hockey will come in and have them up. I'm excited to play on all turf fields.