2014 "mojo moneyball" madness tournament....

jmartinez

I agree the E no homerun rules sucks. Sucks even worse with a 300 field and rocks plus wind blowing out.. I rathered had played in the bigger fields. We only had 1 inning ender. so I guess it's not the end of the world..

shortstop5

T2W #5
Agreed. Why test for a BS, controlled, safe event for "pride" when during actual games bullets are being hit at players 55' away? Makes no damn sense.

Doesn't matter. If it was stated "testing will be done at all major GSL events" then why wasn't it done here? Was 100 teams not major enough? It's really not that hard. Get tamper proof stickers made, test before the first game for each team, play ball. Not hard.

Plenty of pitchers were drilled this weekend. Not one single damn bat was taken for testing.THIS MUST CHANGE. You have the thing there... use it!

At some point, they are going to have to start following thru with the things they state they are going to do... right?

Like the mandatory team move up rule? hi :D

GoldGlove4

Addicted to Softballfans
Won't come back. Originally said all games will be on turf fields and then changed bracket week of. Cold weather and dumb hr hitter plus any bat used equals no more team entered for me.

gipper22

Won't come back. Originally said all games will be on turf fields and then changed bracket week of. Cold weather and dumb hr hitter plus any bat used equals no more team entered for me.

They used dirt fields b/c weather was good/dry enough to use them. Cold weather? It's march in Ohio. Dumb hr hitter? Pretty sure that's been their rule as long as there's been GSL. Bat rule has been same too. I'm sure they'll miss your team next year. They had a hard time getting 100+ to play in march.

chinny12

Gettin' Zapped!
start following thru with the things they state they are going to do... right?

I Guess We should...

If you would like to bump us back to B after our stellar 1-2 tourney, then enjoy.

Bat testing... It should have been done before the games, not just the HR derby. If you say you are going to do it, but it doesn't happen... it doesn't make sense. The logistics should have been worked out for it.

noffsinger08

Addicted to Softballfans
The only complaint I have about this year's Moneyball was having 1 umpire for the championship game...props to whomever he was to fight through the cold and long day when his partner/colleague's "legs hurt"..

Buckeye33

Tickets Galore
The only complaint I have about this year's Moneyball was having 1 umpire for the championship game...props to whomever he was to fight through the cold and long day when his partner/colleague's "legs hurt"..

Tough to complain about much when you are busy run ruling every team you played. ;)

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans
Not all of us have shirtless pics on FB :)

We have one, maybe 2 that can. Seriously. We had 1 HR this weekend. When we played in Myrtle in Feb, we had 0. That is not our game. We are built for USSSA, but we are not playing it for whatever reason.

No offense to you guys, cause I've never seen y'all play but if you only have 1 maybe 2 guys that can hit a good ball in cold march weather 330 ft, you probably shouldn't have been playing C.