2014 seattle combatants

southpaw_29

Combatzilla
2014 Seattle Combatants (interest level gauging only)

DON'T PANIC!!! I am just finding out the interest level. You are in no way locked into playing until you are selected for the final roster.

This years dates for the Seattle Double Major (this is a conference USSSA event) are Thursday May 29th through Sunday June 2nd 2014.If you are interested then either post here or you can send IM's to either myself, Hebrew Hacker, or Kannonsdad.

Include your name, location, level of ball (doesn't matter for team selection, just gives us coaches a chance to see what we have to work with). and also what 2 positions you play the best.

We run a five man IF so keep that in mind if you put OF for your position.

We purchase our own uniforms and the colors are Red, White, and Navy, with a hint of Gold.. This is about a 1000.00 or so commitment with airfare, hotel and ammenities (2500.00 if your name is Gary Klein and you go to the Combat warehouse 6 times in 3 days) so keep that in mind as well.

Once we have figured out the interest level the coaches will get together and decide how we will select this years team. Once the team is picked, you will be expected to commit to the tourney. We understand that life happens, but if you are not sure you can get time off or afford it, then don't commit when asked. We will have a waiting list of players and that list has been cleared the past two years.

NUMBER ONE RULE: YOU MUST BE A COMBATANT FOR 6 MONTHS AND YOU MUST SWING COMBAT AS YOUR PRIMARY CHOICE....NO MORE SWINGING TPS OR EASTON THE REST OF THE YEAR AND PULLING THE PURE OUT FOR THIS ONE TOURNEY!!!!

I look forward to coaching you all again this year.

Last edited:

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
always sounds like a blast! Wish i could commit to the time off and cost of this thing. Maybe next year...

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As always, I am interested in playing this. I will not be able to put my hat in for the tourney due to work commitments...

Good Luck fellas !!

Last edited:

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I think I'll have to give this a shot in 2015. I'm just barely a combatant and my wife is due with baby #2 mid April.

KannonsDad

**** you
I'll be in again please.

nod-of-approval-1.gif

Shep

Addicted to Softballfans
I was definitely committing to this for 2014, but then I had to go screw up and get the wife preggo again with a due date the first week of June. Sadly, I am out. :(

southpaw_29

Combatzilla
I was definitely committing to this for 2014, but then I had to go screw up and get the wife preggo again with a due date the first week of June. Sadly, I am out. :(

:wtf2:Would you mind sending whatever elixer your wife is drinking to my wife, we have been trying forever and nothing.

Oh and congrats again Shep!!!

sleepin4matty

Management Material
:wtf2:Would you mind sending whatever elixer your wife is drinking to my wife, we have been trying forever and nothing.

Oh and congrats again Shep!!!

The key we found was to stop worrying/thinking about it so often. When we were constantly "trying" ;) it was lots of fun but super stressful on my wife. As soon as she stopped thinking about it, pregnant. That took over 2 years including some hormone treatments. This one, we thought for sure we would have "problems" again...nope no problems. My son and daughter will be approx 21 months apart.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The key we found was to stop worrying/thinking about it so often. When we were constantly "trying" ;) it was lots of fun but super stressful on my wife. As soon as she stopped thinking about it, pregnant. That took over 2 years including some hormone treatments. This one, we thought for sure we would have "problems" again...nope no problems. My son and daughter will be approx 21 months apart.

Lots of truth in this statement. Similar circumstance here for us and for my cousin as well. When she made the determination that it wasn't going to happen for her and started remodeling the house... BAM :banana:

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Lots of truth in this statement. Similar circumstance here for us and for my cousin as well. When she made the determination that it wasn't going to happen for her and started remodeling the house... BAM :banana:

it was a combo of :banana: and :eek: and :aargh4: