2014 St. Louis Rams thread

Country35

Banned User
that coin flip was the lulz. It woulda been worth the $25 for a 100 section ticket if I lived across the street.

3XC

Big Truss
Skins fans have collective bad karma for supporting genocide apologist and all around horrible human being Daniel Snyder, the team will be bad until they change the name.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess the vikings trading for herschel walker or ditka's ricky williams stupid deal upset the karma gods too eh?

3XC

Big Truss
Ricky ended up being monstrously good though. He won 2 rushing titles in Miami IIRC, does anyone in the universe think Griffin will lead the NFL in passing yards for any team at any point in his career?

3XC

Big Truss
Check that, one rushing title. Worth all those picks? Maybe not since the Saints gave up on the kid because of his pot smoking, but he had, in retrospect, a very good career. Maybe he fell short of the ridiculous hype. But judged fairly now that his career is done, 10,000 yards is 10,000 yards, and not too many guys can claim membership in that club.

3XC

Big Truss
Holy **** Steven Jackson is only 1100 yards away from cracking the NFL's all time top 10 rushing yardage list.

Thats only 4 more seasons! I think he'll do it.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can have a great back or you can have a very good line and get them numbers. I prefer lines myself because trench warfare is how the game is played well. Bulger was a good qb until he turned into david carr.

3XC

Big Truss
All true, and its why Payton is and forever will be my estimation of the perfect NFL RB.

He did everything with nothing around him.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
I'll admit Hbwb.. Rams made it past the 5 win total I set after Bradford went down. So I was wrong. I'm glad the Rams can humble me some, It's about time their defense started playing like everyone expected them too.

Watching the last two games though, both those teams are completely awful. Like Jacksonville Jaguar awful. It's nice to see not one, but two goose eggs in a row.. Not an easy task by any means.

The big question today is.. "If you're a fan of the 49ers (Or Jim Harbaugh) How do you explain getting beat by the awful Raiders?"

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Payton was my favorite back to watch. He was going to punish you if you came to tackle him.

Gio, many will say those teams were garbage but the rams beat both super bowl participants also. This defense took awhile to get things down pat. You can see now they are playing at full speed which indicates to me they are now comfortable in it. They still need another olb but since picking up barron they are using a lot of big nickle because dunbar is not good in coverage and barron hits like a linebacker. Also ogletree played like crap early on often getting out of position and losing containment on the edge. It was like he was thinking too much and getting caught inside. Since that ugly KC game he has played like a different player. Chris long is back and donald is playing like a vet out there. He picked up another sack yesterday and if he does not win droy then the winner better show he has been set on fire these next few weeks. Before yesterday donald was rated #1 at his position in the whole league. The first two clips at the below link are rams and note donald's get off. He is #99 and that is somewhat routine for him. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/under-pressure/2014/under-pressure-top-rookie-pass-rusher

Niners? I think they have given up on the season but the Raiders also beat KC and have played some good teams close. They are picking better players of late but they need to quit signing these old guys. Carr looks pretty good too.

ps -Maybe I shud of gotten me that bama edumakashun so i'z cud rite good with proper capitalization all threw out my post and stuff like ntz duz.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Final week, season went to crap early. Some positive indicators late but when bradford went down in the preseason all my predictions for them went out the window as well. I knew hill was a backup all these years for a reason.

The defense started out a lot slower than I thought they would. They had one of them flash back games against the giants but the defense is a lot better than at the beginning of the season. Donald one of three rookies to make the pro bowl. C J Mosley and Zack Martin were the other two.

Bradford looks to be coming back but finding a replacement for if/when he goes down again is a must. I still think davis can be good but he regresses big time when he started taking so many hits. They were right to pull him as he was not ready for the pounding which has ruined many a qb in the past. Look for them to draft a qb early.

Replacing Scott Wells and Davin Joseph on the o line is a must. Resign Barksdale at RT and keep Saffold healthy should be enough. Saffold is set to have surgery on his shoulder during the off season. Ben Muth of football outsiders said saffold may be the rams best player on offense. Who would you expect a retired big ugly to say though except a lineman? In fact muth nails the rams o line to a tee and the front office would do well to listen to what he has to say about the roster going forward. Every rams fan knows this already but it sometimes seems the FO does not. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2014/word-muth-rams-wrap