2015 Last At Bat Thread

JBT2020

The Veteran
Getting beat pretty bad, guy in front of me hit into a double play, I was pretty pissed at this point, got my meat pitch and went to kill it, got way out in front, end cap single to left, was even more mad that I missed my pitch

JBT2020

The Veteran
2nd at bat was a no doubter to left center, then in my 3rd/ last at bat my team mate bet me I couldn't do it again, so I hit another to left field, not as much of a no doubter, but still cleared the fence

Dan411

Star Player
Walk off walk. We one 12-11. I don't think I have been a part of that in my 10 or so years of playing.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Last saturday my last AB was a single to right. Low inside pitch that I flicked off the bat to right. On the day 8-9.

Judging by this thread SBF members are batting .998...

A Salt Weapon

Starting Player
All right I got a good one.
Co-Ed league
Bottom of the sixth up 11-9, no outs, runner on second and third
Line drive to the gap between right center and right, both women.
Rounding first, their second basewoman walks right into front of me (pretty sure on purpose as this team generally will play dirty), I tried to stop but collided with her (not bad as I had been able to slow down before the impact, so just kind of a bump) I yelled out "what the ****!" (probably shouldn't have done that) anyways continued running afterwards and still got home for the inside the park HR.
Ump called obstruction and was going to award me home anyways (his words), also called the next batter out for profanity.
So in my last at-bat I got 7 bases, 3 rbi's, and the next batter out.
After this he calls time and we win 14-9.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
All right I got a good one.
Co-Ed league
Bottom of the sixth up 11-9, no outs, runner on second and third
Line drive to the gap between right center and right, both women.
Rounding first, their second basewoman walks right into front of me (pretty sure on purpose as this team generally will play dirty), I tried to stop but collided with her (not bad as I had been able to slow down before the impact, so just kind of a bump) I yelled out "what the ****!" (probably shouldn't have done that) anyways continued running afterwards and still got home for the inside the park HR.
Ump called obstruction and was going to award me home anyways (his words), also called the next batter out for profanity.
So in my last at-bat I got 7 bases, 3 rbi's, and the next batter out.
After this he calls time and we win 14-9.

Thats what I call a cool story. Such a cool story that i'm going to copy and paste that onto a file that I will then save to a flash drive. Ill take that flash drive, open a safe deposit box to put the flash drive in. When I'm older and my kids are able to comprehend a cool story i'll go take the flash drive from the safe deposit box, load it onto a computer and say, "Kid's, this is a cool story".

A Salt Weapon

Starting Player
Thats what I call a cool story. Such a cool story that i'm going to copy and paste that onto a file that I will then save to a flash drive. Ill take that flash drive, open a safe deposit box to put the flash drive in. When I'm older and my kids are able to comprehend a cool story i'll go take the flash drive from the safe deposit box, load it onto a computer and say, "Kid's, this is a cool story".

:biggthumpup:

What are you going to do if the computers in the future don't except the flash drive? It might be good to have a back-up plan just in case, perhaps print out a copy to put it there as well, maybe laminate it so it can't be harmed by water or aging.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSJoA37eLHg[/ame]

We were up big so I tried hitting a dinger. Thank goodness for this LF getting a bad read and giving me a second chance lol. Said **** it the second chance and just kept it simple.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Last at bats haven't been going my way lately. Needed a HR for the cycle, we're up big, I'm leading off the inning, no pressure except my team talking crap, slapped a dinker instead of a dinger for another single.

Two nights before that, we're playing for coed league champions of the universe in a dog fight against the #2 seed. Got 2 rbi's on a double I later scored on, then a GS to tie up the game, then a 2 run HR to tie the game again. Last at bat, last inning, down 1, home team, no HR's, all I have to do is keep it down and be smart on the base path. I gently float the ball to LC and delicately land it in his glove, chicks end up batting the winning runs in.

Doug

Old and Grumpy
Hard liner to straightaway center that would have been a double or triple but man on third was run limit. Goes into book as a single. :mad:

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Last saturday my last AB was a single to right. Low inside pitch that I flicked off the bat to right. On the day 8-9.

Judging by this thread SBF members are batting .998...

I watched a guy bat 1000 for 40 games one summer. He plays a lot of senior tournaments, but that was in a regular league.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I'm feeling like a turd when I'm batting close to .500, feel good at .750ish, and in stud mode when above .750. The ball's pitched in an underhand lobbing motion, we have super bats, most guys play at a level where there's a weak spot somewhere on the field, and the ball's pitched in a underhand lobbing motion.

jaymurr

Extra Hitter
Line drive over the third baseman's head. Ended up winning in a walk-off that inning.

Got out for the second time this year tonight (6 games in).