2015 Last At Bat Thread

Doug

Old and Grumpy
Might be last AB of Season

Hit the gap in deep RC. They play me deep, so it should have been a double. Decided to go for three and turned on the afterburners. Popped a hamstring on the way to third. Hobbled to the base in time to beat tag by about 2". /season

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Infield fly called on a questionably deep pop-up, which wasn't actually caught. After much base-running shenanigans we scored a run on the play. I'm amazed at how many guys still don't know how infield fly works.

Infield fly called on a questionably deep pop-up, which wasn't actually caught. After much base-running shenanigans we scored a run on the play. I'm amazed at how many guys still don't know how infield fly works.

essentially any fly ball that might be caught by an infielder with "ordinary effort". by no means and t no time is the umpires understanding of "ordinary effort" in question. My favorite f****** rule by far

RetMilVet

Project War Path
Hard ground out to SS. I tested him at least 4 times in two games. 2 hard line drive outs and two hard ground ball outs. If only I could hit it 3 feet to his left or right. :cool: Oh well, such is life, at least we split 1-1, no thanks to me.

russmcd

Addicted to Softballfans
Walka-walka-walka. I guess that's really not an "at bat" but more of a plate appearance, and what a sad appearance I made last night overall.

mcnary26

33rd degree Free Mason
Solid line drive to RC to drive in two. Next batter got out to end a nice rally that fell just short.

Dan411

Star Player
Deep fly to RC for a double. Normally a ball that would have been caught, but RC was not what anyone would call fleet of foot.

cmorr70

Addicted to Softballfans
Walk off home run in the semi's of city league tournament, 23-22. First walk off HR of my life comes at 45 years old....

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Started the 5th with a blooper to LC that dropped between 3 guys staring at it. Should've been caught. Left stranded, we lost that game 14-3 after beating a much better team 18-6. What can you do.

pontiacfb78

Star Player
Hard grounder past 2B for a double. Went 3/4 in the game, and 7/9 on the day. First hit was a short pop, landed maybe 10ft from the plate, and stayed fair. Stretched a double with no errors. coed of course. In mens, I think I would have been 2/9 on the day.

jaymurr

Extra Hitter
Infield single to the SS.

I struck out in the first, my first in about a decade. Big whiff -- that was embarrassing.