2017 Which 4 Bats to Have

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I think I might buy one of the EST's, but I'm kind of stuck between the XL and the XXL. I don't know anyone that has either to swing myself.

Do you like a slight EL or a heavy EL?

I love a 27 oz with a .5 oz EL, its my favorite type of bat

Normy

I have 2 est 26oz xxls, my one got ridiculous at the end of its life, have another one with 750 hits, and is nice. both sticker under 26, but the endload is nice. as long as umps stick with the ten foot max pitch height I like them. bought a 26 xl, but haven't hit it yet.
So if the pitcher is getting away with 12'+ pitches, do you prefer a lighter end load? Just curious. I'm still trying to figure out what size end load fits me the best. Anything balanced or over an ounce reeks havoc on my swing

Sloth91

Freak Platinum Maxload, Legit XL USA (basically same as EST XL), DC-41 and I'm not sure why people are so lazy when it comes to properly breaking in a bat, but my Helmer Flex is absolutely fire and I've only got 400-500 swings into it off a tee and here and there in games.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
So if the pitcher is getting away with 12'+ pitches, do you prefer a lighter end load? Just curious. I'm still trying to figure out what size end load fits me the best. Anything balanced or over an ounce reeks havoc on my swing
Yeah if the umps are calling those high strikes that come over my shoulder I don't like a heavy endload, I guess same with outside pitches, I seem to be out in front and go more middle than 1b/2b. I wonder if I would have preferred the xl? My one est finally broke 1500 hits and was really nice, my other est wont break even hitting in 40 degree temps, but still hasn't got to the other ones level. So the est line has been noticeably better durability than the 17 monsta 25oz bats for me. Those were great if you like a light bat, I just wouldn't do a lot of bping with them, 100 cuts then gamer only. I preferred the torch to the Bmlc.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Freak Platinum Maxload, Legit XL USA (basically same as EST XL), DC-41 and I'm not sure why people are so lazy when it comes to properly breaking in a bat, but my Helmer Flex is absolutely fire and I've only got 400-500 swings into it off a tee and here and there in games.

the asa helmer? I wonder if they will go even cheaper? not a bad price for a bp bat that could become a gamer.

Normy

Yeah if the umps are calling those high strikes that come over my shoulder I don't like a heavy endload, I guess same with outside pitches, I seem to be out in front and go more middle than 1b/2b. I wonder if I would have preferred the xl? My one est finally broke 1500 hits and was really nice, my other est wont break even hitting in 40 degree temps, but still hasn't got to the other ones level. So the est line has been noticeably better durability than the 17 monsta 25oz bats for me. Those were great if you like a light bat, I just wouldn't do a lot of bping with them, 100 cuts then gamer only. I preferred the torch to the Bmlc.
I may go .5 oz vs 1oz for this very reason. I'm not a power hitter so I think a smaller end load may widen the strike zone somewhat.

Sloth91

the asa helmer? I wonder if they will go even cheaper? not a bad price for a bp bat that could become a gamer.

I don't know that they'll go much cheaper, but the price here isn't bad at all. You definitely need to put some work in, so if you have the time to put a few hundred swings into it just to get it somewhat game ready I would absolutely grab one.

dunkky

you guys are making me wanna try est xxl, dc41, monsta. I have maybe 270 to 80 range power when hitting off the T with a full overlap. Wonder if one of these bad boys gonna actually help me reaching the 300 mark..

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Just got the Freak 23. Best feel out of wrapper of any bat I have ever hit. And I have owned a bunch. But Demarini Iconic is amazing once broken in also. Flippers are next on list along with EST's and DC. I will get another Freak 23 for sure.