2018 Border Battle

chile

Bad Ape
never really looked at the specs still just now...12.5" barrel???

edit: well, those specs are off the Eh3 site so....

Joker_24

Star Player
Latest update on release I saw now was 7/31/18. I was told they were being shipped to distributors this week and being shipped to customers next week. Until then I guess we just gotta watch the Worth guys swing it this weekend and see what they do with it..

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Very nice package.... except you need a new ottoman....

Also give a comparison to the 17 BB if possible

Wish that raggedy ol' ottoman in this pic was mine. Pic stolen from FB. I believe the guy who posted it is playing in the B.B.

Anyone have shipping information for us regular players yet? I feel like I preordered a Monsta or Pure at this point (minus the additional 8 month wait)

BOLTMAN21

Manager
never really looked at the specs still just now...12.5" barrel???

edit: well, those specs are off the Eh3 site so....

That is correct! Which is why I'm really hoping the shorter barrel and flex 50 handle doesn't make it less good in anyway.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
The only worth/miken asa EL 12.5" is the KP23 so far as I know... I like it but don't love it
Feedback from 2 people I have asked is that the balanced 12.5" Worth EST ASA (lime green) is better then the 12" KP23 ASA. I haven't tried the 12.5 EST (loved the 13.5" though). This gives me hope that the new B.B. will be the goods. It better be after waiting.

Anyone watch the Border Battle games and see the Worth guys swinging one?

Joker

wow, guys are saying that one of 2 bats that are the same is better? these people are idiots

BOLTMAN21

Manager
wow, guys are saying that one of 2 bats that are the same is better? these people are idiots
Weird right? Kinda like the 2016 BJ Fulk and 2016 Freak 30 were the same bat too. Strange how people preferred one or the other even after all this time. Not like one felt pingy while the other was softer or anything.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Feedback from 2 people I have asked is that the balanced 12.5" Worth EST ASA (lime green) is better then the 12" KP23 ASA. I haven't tried the 12.5 EST (loved the 13.5" though). This gives me hope that the new B.B. will be the goods. It better be after waiting.

Anyone watch the Border Battle games and see the Worth guys swinging one?
I thought I saw a few of the Worth guys swing it, but the female announcer on the live feed was so cringe worthy I had to stop watching.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
I thought I saw a few of the Worth guys swing it, but the female announcer on the live feed was so cringe worthy I had to stop watching.
There is videos of Ryan Harvey on Instagram swinging it against Canada. It sounds really loud on video. Reminded me of how the Easton Blueline ASA sounds.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
"WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm."

Saw this in the description for the 2018 Border Battle.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
"WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm."

Saw this in the description for the 2018 Border Battle.
“Perfect balance by utilizing urethane joint that increases handle to barrel flex. Creates unmatched whiplash through the hitting zone while optimizing performance of the inner barrel for a bigger sweetspot and greater distance. Whether a ball is squared up on the sweetspot, mis-hit off the sweetspot, or hit with a lower swing speed, maximum performance is guaranteed.”

Is Flex 50 whippy now? It’s guaranteed to perform with slow swings. Definite winner for all the dinger swinger SBF members. Ha.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
But it’s flex 100, the balance worth is flex 50, so we will see

You are correct! I hope you are anyway. All the original spec sheets on FB (ones posted on raffle pics, etc) all called out Flex 50. However most sites have it listed as Flex100 now that they arrived.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Somehow I think it’s going to make the performance of this shorter barrel flex more and be a little more forgiving than the freak 23 and the balance est, as well as this new compression threshold crusty brought up

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Like most people, mine arrived today. My 26 scales exact at 26. Weightwise feels identical to my Riot. (Same as Freak 12, 30, Fulk, etc etc) I’ll be swinging it in league tonight. I’ll let you fellas know how it feels out the wrapper.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
First hit was a bomb to LCF (right on sweet spot). Second hit was a line drive to center towards end cap. Walked twice. Need to get a good BP session for more feedback. One teammate used it and loved it too. In limited use it doesn’t feel like a KP23 ASA. Which is a great thing. Another game tomorrow. BP Sunday.