2018 Flipper USA vs DC-41

I am trying to decide between these two bats for my ASA leagues. We us 52 core 300 balls. The bat will be in a 30 ounce. Last year my bat was the 2017 Flipper USA in a 28 ounce and I mashed the ball with that bat. Wanted to move up to a 30 ounce bat and love my flipper but have also heard great things about the Miken DC-41. Wondering if anyone on this site has swung both of the last years models or if anyone has had a chance to get their hands on the new 2018's? Thanks.

ShortYellowBus

That’s two great bats.

Not everyone can swing a DC41. Everything everywhere can put the barrel on a ball with a balanced bat like a Flipper.

The 2018 DC41 gives an increase of about 30-40 feet over the 2017 Flipper if you’re strong enough to connect.

I’d get the DC41 in a 28 or 27 if you’re serious about transitioning from a Flipper.

That’s two great bats.

Not everyone can swing a DC41. Everything everywhere can put the barrel on a ball with a balanced bat like a Flipper.

The 2018 DC41 gives an increase of about 30-40 feet over the 2017 Flipper if you’re strong enough to connect.

I’d get the DC41 in a 28 or 27 if you’re serious about transitioning from a Flipper.
The flipper USA has a .5 ounce end load doesn't it? I know it says it's end loaded. I know there dc41 is a heavier end load with 1 ounce.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
I was going to comment but these guys said everything i was thinking.
I had both bats DC 41 more pop no question and is heavy with the 1oz extra endload

ShortYellowBus

The only thing I can add is the 2018 DC41 is perhaps a bit “too hot” and suffers durability issues. I wouldn’t hit anything harder than those 52’s.

I haven’t had a Flipper USA long enough to find out.

The only thing I can add is the 2018 DC41 is perhaps a bit “too hot” and suffers durability issues. I wouldn’t hit anything harder than those 52’s.

I haven’t had a Flipper USA long enough to find out.
I had and still have great durability with the 2017 flipper. I played in 3 leagues and used that bat for every hit and many teammates too. Took it out yesterday and it still kills the ball. My last easton didn't even make it one season in only one league.

arther itis

payin' to get paid
I had and still have great durability with the 2017 flipper. I played in 3 leagues and used that bat for every hit and many teammates too. Took it out yesterday and it still kills the ball. My last easton didn't even make it one season in only one league.

which Easton model was that?

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
You need to take into account that you'll be transitioning from a short barrel to a long barrel too. I swing a 15 USAM and I cannot make solid contact with my friend's 17 DC41, I've been a swinging short barrels in both ASA and USSSA. Endload is about the same on both if you ask me

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I have a 16 usa flipper in a 30 oz. Scales at 28.7 oz. I normally swing a 28 el and have no problems with the 30. EL is not that big on the 30 flipper as well. Probably .5 oz

Aimology

You need to take into account that you'll be transitioning from a short barrel to a long barrel too. I swing a 15 USAM and I cannot make solid contact with my friend's 17 DC41, I've been a swinging short barrels in both ASA and USSSA. Endload is about the same on both if you ask me

That’s a user error, lol... it should be the other way around. I bet if you changed where you were standing in the box you could or choked up on the bat. Meaning Bat Speed or You’re not keeping your eye on the ball through your follow through.